Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Field Trip! [junglehold Open Thread], 514.06.09
Tawny
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 01:16 PM

Tawny

Member+
Tea meister
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Tawny

Opening

When the candidates arrived at their first lesson of the day a week and a half after the hatching Assistant Candidatemaster Baru was waiting for them; this was quite usual. What was not usual was the fact that Lorux was standing beside her grinning like a pumpkin.

“Morning everyone!” he chirped once just about everyone had arrived. “I know we’ve all been a bit down,” no need to say why, “so I thought it’d be nice to do something a bit different. With permission from Baru and Cicely, I’ve organised us a two day tour of the southern holds! Wrote to the Lords and Ladies and Holders and all, official like.” He didn’t know if anyone that high up the ladder had actually read them but he’d got positive responses all around and that mattered more than who’d actually laid eyes on the letters. “We’re hoping to be responsible for protecting those holds one day so it’s only right we get to know them, right? If you want to come go pack a change of clothes and that, we’re meeting on the mesa in half an hour; bring your marks, there’ll be plenty to spend them on! Oh! And the wher candidates are invited too, thought it’d be nice for all of us waiting on eggs to get away together and get to know each other.”

OOC

Field trip!

The dragon candidates of Sirocco are off on a trip around the southern holds, this is an optional trip so anyone who doesn’t want to come can be assumed to have two rest days at the Weyr. Wher candidates have also received an invitation, and of course other folk may have got wind of the trip and decided to tag along for some or all of it!

Itinerary:
514.06.09 - Mid-morning to lunchtime - Stormhaven Seahold (Featured!)
514.06.09 - Early afternoon to late afternoon - Southern Runner Hold
514.06.09-514.06.10 - Late afternoon though overnight - Junglehold, Daghar hold (Featured!)
514.06.10 - Mid-morning to lunchtime - Opal Hold
514.06.10 - Early afternoon to late afternoon - Sirocco Hold
514.06.10 - Evening - return to Sirocco Weyr

Candidates are transported around by volunteer riders, some of them are friends of Lorux’s, some he’s called favours in with, some he’s promised favours to, and others have been traded favours in a chain; some may even have come just out of the goodness of their heart! If you want to play one of the riders feel free to do so, and to have them enjoy the day out too.

OOC - Junglehold specifics

Welcome to the candidate excursion, Junglehold thread!

This thread is set late afternoon and runs overnight to the next morning. Candidates are again asked to remain in groups of two or more but are otherwise free to wander the small hold, and can venture beyond down to the nearby river if accompanied by one of the holders. The rains have passed for the day; the air smells of life and of cooking, dinner will be ready before long! The hold is made up of about seventy small stone buildings and a couple of larger ones, all of them look newly constructed.

There are a wide range of goods on display for those who still have marks in their purse and many of the younger holders are willing to take their visitors down to the river for fishing or swimming. The whole hold has come together to cook the evening meal and there will be plenty of music and dancing too as the sun goes down. Candidates will bunk down overnight in the newly constructed central stone building, currently clean and empty other than hammocks but used to keep the holds caprines and porcines safe on Fall days.

Feel free to play here and a Stormhaven simultaneously, to do one or the other first, or to pick just one or the other. The other holds on the itinerary won’t have open threads but you are more than welcome to play them as private threads if you want to! If you need an NPC e.g. a stallholder and don’t want to play them yourself just let me know on Discord and I will provide! This goes for the open threads and also any private ones you might want to do.

OOC - Junglehold items for sale

These are some example items for sale in the little market that's been set up in the middle of the hold. Feel free to use the NPCs yourself or to ask me to do so! Once a one of a kind item is bought it will be struck off.

^
Raelero
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 09:44 PM

Raelero

Candidate
N/A
Apprentice Smith

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Heijale

Here he was, at another leg of their little field trip, and loving every moment of it. It felt so good to be out of the Weyr, and for more than a few candlemarks. In fact, it had been nearly a whole day since they'd left Sirocco Weyr, and it wouldn't be until tomorrow that they would return. He almost wished they didn't have to return at all, though if they didn't, he'd never get the chance to Impress. This field trip had most definitely convinced him how easily he could take to a traveling trader life.

The atmosphere here was infectious, what with the smells of the food, the goods being sold, and what looked to be entertainment being set up. He could hardly wait for the festivities to begin. Though he wanted to look at some of the wares being sold, if he was completely honest. He did still have some marks left after his little trip to Stormhaven.

However, there was still that little rule that he couldn't wander off on his own. That was all right, though. It was another chance to make friends once again. And that was something he very much enjoyed doing.

"Okay," he announced to those around him. "Who wants to go check out what else we can blow our marks on, and then see about stuffing our faces?"
^
Lorux
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 09:54 PM

Lorux

Candidate
Scrappy and Hungry
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Trees!

Lorux had never seen so many in his life, never seen more than a couple in one place in fact, and so swooping down to land in a cleaning in the middle of trees spread as far as you could see pretty much was... was... wow.

He hopped down from the back of the dragon who'd brought him with thanks for the great beast and its rider and wandered over to Raelero staring around at the strange hold and holders. "Shirts optional?" he suggested with a grin and a nudge to his comrade's side. "I'd love to see what they got here, I'm pretty much skint now but maybe I can pick up a little thing or two to sell on!"
^
Anhara
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 10:03 PM

Anhara

Candidate
Helpfully Fatalistic
-- --

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Moony

She had spent a little too much on the gift for Mortieron at Stormhaven Seahold. But the bronze dragon had been too perfect. She had originally intended on giving him the feline skin that she had left with her little brother to be cured. Of course, she somehow doubted he'd have the same appreciation for it that a Daghar would have. In fact, considering the head was intact, it'd probably be more intimidating than anything.

But this, this was perfect. Smiling at the belt buckle, she tucked it away in her bag just in time for Raelero to announce that he wanted to find something to spend his marks on and get some food. Stepping up beside him - surprisingly quiet despite the swell of her stomach - she smirked over at him. "You want to see Yhar then. And then we can go visit my mum. She makes some of the best food." She didn't know the other candidate overly well, but then again, those she had known had all gone and Impressed. Save for Lorux, who had also stepped forward. "You had best behave around my mum though." She teased her friend, grinning.

Time to make new friends.
^
Soleil
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 10:20 PM

Soleil

Candidate
The Ice Queen
Apprentice Healer

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Prongs

It was all so...green. Soleil stood next to Sarai and her green Aureth, not daring to move before she had taken in their new surroundings. She had never seen so much green in all her life! The sheer vibrancy of the trees and other foliage around them seemed almost indecent, but it drew her eyes so much that she didn't want to look away from it. Something in her face relaxed and warmed just slightly in response to whatever it was she found in that view.

Soleil murmured her thanks to the greenrider and then stepped away, moving towards the group of people she had stuck with at Stormhaven. "Tactful," she told Raelero, her cold tone and even colder gaze making it apparent that his remark about 'stuffing their faces' had not been appreciated. Well, made it apparent to her anyway - she probably just looked like normal Soleil to anyone else. Most likely none of them had been to the jungle before, save Anhara - it seemed disrespectful to talk like that here.

She eyed Lorux for a moment before sweeping her gaze over Anhara and then finally looking out over the hold around them. The small stone buildings pulled at her curiosity, but it was the trading area that caught her attention. A couple of the other candidates were already moving in that direction and Soleil decided to as well. If the others moved off in a different direction or stayed behind she couldn't be accused of breaking the rule, because she could just say she was with someone else! It was genius, really.

A small smile curled the corner of her mouth ever so slightly as she looked around again. A part of her was sad that she had blown all but one of her marks at Stormhaven because there were bound to be interesting things for sale here!
^
Vatyin
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 09:48 AM

Vatyin

Candidate
The Black Caprine
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Vatyin had been born in Igen Weyr and seldom left until he'd transferred to Sirocco with his parents. The deserts could come alive when it rained - dealing with thread burrows in those seasons was a challenge he'd often heard his father speak of - but nothing he had ever seen had prepared him for the place they appeared above. Every instinct he'd been raised with told him that such a place should not exist, should not be allowed to exist, and so the wonder he felt as the brown he was riding touched down in the dedicated landing area left him with a feeling of guilt.

He dismounted quickly to allow the brown to take off once more and make room for more dragons to land and walked forward in something of a daze, hardly noticing as he came up beside Soleil and the others as they approached the goods laid out on blankets and tables. There were strange plants, jewellery in an unfamiliar style, and paper and things made of wood laid out so casually! It was too much to take in all at once and so he hung back a bit from the others and waited to see how the small scarred man who seemed to be in charge of the goods would act.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 10:10 AM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

It was good to be home!

Ilharen freed Masalath from his harness and gave the brown an affectionate slap on the shoulder. "Go on, I know y'want to!"

Masalath hummed delightedly his eyes whirling in rapidly shifting patterns of bright green and blue and took wing again, though he only glided the short distance over the trees from the hold to the river. Hello everyone, come play with me and meet my friends! he called to the holders in general, and it wasn't long before quite a number of people - mainly children - hastened after him, some of them staring around at the unfamiliar dragons with wide eyes and wider grins.

Ilharen watched them all go with a fond smile and a shake of his head and bent to scoop up a small brown-haired brown-skinned child who had toddled up to him determinedly. "Heeeey Fellye, are you bigger again then?" he cooed fondly as he settled her on his hip and gave her forehead a smooch.

The small child nodded firmly and leaned close to whisper in his ear, which brought a bigger smile to Ilharen's face. "All your vegetables? Well that'd be it then! Shall we go see Anha? You haven't seen her in ages and ages."

Fellye seemed to consider this for a few moments and then nodded again as she grabbed onto Ilharen's long braid and started to play with it. With child in tow and Harmony settled on his shoulders Ilharen headed over to join Anhara. "Quite a change t'how y'last saw it eh?" he said with a nod at the completed stone buildings. "They look pretty good, don't they?" He'd found them odd looking when they'd been under construction but they were already clearly a normal part of life here now, some people had even started to paint the outsides of them.
^
Raelero
 Posted: Mar 31 2018, 11:28 PM

Raelero

Candidate
N/A
Apprentice Smith

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Rae grinned at he was joined by other candidates. The first was Lorux, which hadn't surprised him. They'd had a great time back at Stormhaven, and so he welcomed the young man to his side happily. Next was Anhara, and though he didn't know her very well -at all- he still welcomed her into the growing group. The more people he could befriend, the better! Besides, who knew when a friend in candidacy could become a lifesaver in a wing?

Next Soleil had made a comment, but he brushed it off. She was already off, presumably after another group of candidates, so he didn't fret over it. And just as he was about to set off, they were joined by a rider, and he gave the man a respectful smile as he started talking to Anhara. Rae turned his attention to Lorux then.

"Yes, do behave. The way she was talking, I really want to try her mum's food." He didn't doubt the woman at all that her mother made the best food, and he longed for a more personal meal. Not that the food at the Weyr wasn't delicious, but there was something extra special about food that was made with love, as opposed to made out of profession.

Oh, he couldn't wait.

((Ilharen Soleil Anhara Lorux))
^
Lorux
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 12:22 PM

Lorux

Candidate
Scrappy and Hungry
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

"Anhara, you're not accusing me of being a misbehaving sort are you?" Lorux asked, his voice full of very fake affront as he raised a hand to his chest. "I'm hurt, deeply hurt! Why I'm a paragon of good behaviour, I am. Really though," he grinned suddenly again, winked, gave her a nudge, and followed it up with one for Raelero. "I'll be good, promise, and not just because I want to try your Mam's food!" If he got himself into trouble he'd never be allowed to organise anything like this again and that was the last thing he wanted, today had been brilliant so far!

As Ilharen approached holding a small child Lorux grinned at him too and at the toddler. "Very important things vegetables, my Mam always said so!"

It seemed like Soleil was sticking near them too at the moment which was fine by him, and Vatyin was hanging about as well which he was a bit less sure about. He was trying not to pre-judge, remind himself that people were just people in the end, but he couldn't help being a bit annoyed that the kid got to start candidacy early just because his mother was the Weyrwoman. It couldn't be- shouldn't be one rule for one and a different one for another. Still, so long as the new candidate didn't make a stuck up arse out of himself or anything Lorux was going to keep giving him the benefit of the doubt for now.

"Is that Yhar then?" Lorux continued, nodding at a small one-eyed man who was standing in the middle of all the goods and seeming to give instructions to some younger folk who were milling around him.
^
Anhara
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 09:51 PM

Anhara

Candidate
Helpfully Fatalistic
-- --

Profile | Plotpage

Ilharen walked over, Fellye on one hip, and Anhara offered them both a smile. "Faranth but you've gotten big. Keep it up and soon enough you'll be able to beat Uncle Ilha in a fight." She offered the girl a wink, before looking around at Ilharen's question. "It's... different. Good though." It felt more...permanent somehow. Though she supposed that made a sort of sense. Couldn't exactly be moving around, what with them being a proper hold and all now. "Next thing y'know we'll have a lord holder with his nose in the air and a stick up his arse."

Anhara smiled a little at Lorux. "Faranth forbid anyone call you the troublemaking sort." She teased lightly. "You did good planning this bit of fun, Lorux. And seeing as my mum's already heard about you, she'll probably insist on feeding you anyhow. Just don't let Ilha's ma feed you. Terrifying woman. We love her dearly and never tick her off."

She looked back at Ilha, explaining. "I promised this lot some of mum's food, provided they don't give Yhar a hard time." Looking towards the candidates, her smile was pure trouble. "You should know, he does bite if you misbehave." She had been leading them towards the merchant, and offered the man a wink at those words - she knew he would've heard her. "Whatcha got today, Yhar?"
^
Tawny
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 12:45 PM

Tawny

Member+
Tea meister
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

"Ahh, Anhara, Ilharen, welcome back; how's the Weyr treating y'?" Yhar greeted the pair with a small smile and then ran his hazel eye over the visitors, it wasn't an unfriendly glance but it was rather piercing. "Welcome to our Hold and don't listen t'Anha I don't bite, often. We've brought out a sample of our crafts t'day that we thought might interest t'suit any purse, and there's more of near everything if y'see something of a kind y'like but's not quite your taste. There's carvings, jewellery-"

"Dices!" exclaimed Yhar's small assistant excitedly.

"Dice, Jennha," Yhar corrected gently without missing a beat. "And we've a couple of firelizard eggs too. Then we've more expensive pieces like this here bone comb," he indicated it, "or if y've really got money t'spend we've a gold hairclip here and an entire feline skin. Anything catching y're eyes friends?"
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 06:52 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Fellye grinned at Anhara and flexed one pudgy little arm but didn't actually say anything, she seemed a bit shy of the sudden influx of strangers and their strange clothes but fascinated by them too by the way she stared with big shining dark eyes.

Ilharen crinkled his nose fondly at Anha and nudged her in the ribs before turning to Raelero and Lorux to declare; "And the other reason y'shouldn't eat my Ma's cooking is it's shocking; she can just about cook an egg but even that's a touch dicey. Smells like our best are on it t'day though, there'll be enough f'everyone t'eat themselves sick." Some of the older folk probably weren't thrilled about having so many strangers here - his own mother among them - but by now none of them were arguing about the protection the Weyr was giving, and few quibbled about the new trade opportunities either. His old home was changing, but like its new buildings - built with stone from Opal Hold - it was stronger for it.

"I like it too," Ilharen continued with a soft-eyed smile to Anhara as he gave Fellye a squeeze. "It's new, it's change, but it doesn't change who we are." Fellye wouldn't remember any different, wouldn't recall a time before they were friends with the people who'd so recently come across the sea, would never know a time when there hadn't been dragons in the sky.
^
Raelero
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 12:32 PM

Raelero

Candidate
N/A
Apprentice Smith

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Rae had been happily indulging in conversations -or rather listening to them- between Anhara and Ilharen, but his attention had been grabbed by the man who was selling his wares. He had wanted to see what was being sold, but when the man had said that he had fire lizard eggs, he was instantly intrigued.

"Excuse me," he said to Yhar perhaps a little too loudly. "But did you say that you had fire lizard eggs?" He didn't even wait for the man to answer before he continued. "May I see them? How much do you want for one?" He'd been dying for his own flit, especially after seeing Lorux's little clan of them. He didn't have many marks left, not after buying his dagger (that he didn't regret getting, even if he didn't have enough for the egg), but he was willing to put down the last of what he had for one.
^
Lorux
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 03:58 PM

Lorux

Candidate
Scrappy and Hungry
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

"Aww, thanks, I'm glad you're having a good time!" Lorux beamed at Anhara; he was quite proud of having managed to get this together and it felt pretty nice to hear somebody say he'd done a good job. It also felt good to be promised a good meal!
^
Tawny
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 04:01 PM

Tawny

Member+
Tea meister
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

"I did that," Yhar replied with a hint of amusement at Raelero's enthusiasm and as he spoke he indicated two small lidded pots, which sat safely in the middle of one of the tables. "Feel free t'look, I think y'll find the price fair." Both of the eggs were small and their shells were very hard, doubtless soon to hatch. "And I won't even make y'send the pot back to us when the dwt hatches," Yhar concluded with a smirk.
^
Raelero
 Posted: Apr 4 2018, 02:01 PM

Raelero

Candidate
N/A
Apprentice Smith

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Rae's eyes widened at the eggs as he looked them over. They were nice and hard; it wouldn't be long until they hatched. And he got the little pot it was in too? For that, the price was very fair. True, it would leave him with very, very little marks left over, but he could always save again. The dagger had been a practical purchase; this one was purely pleasure.

He pulled the marks out of his pocket and placed them on the table in front of Yhar. He then indicated at the one he liked, not wanting to take things off the man's table, even if he had purchased them. Especially not a living thing.
^
Tawny
 Posted: Apr 4 2018, 05:30 PM

Tawny

Member+
Tea meister
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Yhar passed the egg-pot carefully to Raelero and then crossed his right fist over his heart. "Pleasure trading with y'. I don't reckin y'want t'hang onto that for the whole evening though, if y'want we'll mark this pot as yours and keep it safe with the others from the clutch that're by the fires."
^
Xeiran
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 10:09 PM

Xeiran

Candidate
Dragon Candidate
Apprentice Harper

-
-

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: RedShoesWrites

Xeiran walked around the central square - his curious eyes taking in everything. While he had been at Sirocco for some time now and had stood at Chiroth's hatching, he had not had too much interaction with the jungle-folk. The abundance of greenery was amazing, and he was simply enjoying taking the time to take bask in the warm embrace of the jungle environment.

He was paying little mind to the other candidates until his feet took him by the trader's table and Raelero's excited banter with the tradesman perked his ears. Firelizard eggs? He had never bothered with getting a firelizard when he had lived at Telgar. Most everyone he knew lived in the Weyr. But now? Now he was living an ocean away and didn't know anyone well enough to comfortably ask them if he could borrow a firelizard to carry short messages back to his acquaintances at Telgar.

He slowly stepped up beside Raelero and looked at the pot that the other candidate held in his hands. "How much did you say the firelizard eggs were?" Xeiran asked as he looked up at the trader.

[ Tawny , Raelero ]
📧
^
Anhara
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 11:11 PM

Anhara

Candidate
Helpfully Fatalistic
-- --

Profile | Plotpage

"I'll be nice and won't tell ma you said that. I was going to, but you know she's out for my blood." She couldn't imagine Ilharen's mother being particularly pleased about her current state. Her own mother was thrilled, of course. But then, she also hadn't told them that she intended on keeping the child at the Weyr. Faranth knew how they'd react then.

Glancing at her friend, she smirked up to Ilha. "Mum said she's been feeling better, said she was going to join with the cooks today. Since Sav's at the Weyr now, she's not getting as spoiled as she was before."

Going over and examining Yhar's wares, she ran her fingers along the skin. Not hers, but she couldn't help but wonder who caught this one. "Good kill. Clean." She said, mostly to herself. Raelero purchased his firelizard egg. And then one candidate she didn't know as well - Xeiran, she thought - asked about one as well. With two of the trouble makers of her own, off bothering Masalath she was sure, she steered well clear of the eggs.

Instead, her eyes wandered to the bone comb. "Who carved this?" It would look quite pretty displayed on someone's hair, though doing a mental calculation, she didn't have near enough to offer Yhar a fair price. Still, she was curious who's artistry was on display.
^
Savellaren
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 11:41 PM

Savellaren

Played by: bfkitsune

"Good thing that's what visits are for, yeah? I can cook for her while we're here," Savel countered as he approached the group, offering his little sister Anhara a quiet smile. Nodding to Ilharen next he added, "Sorry, got distracted with visiting a few friends first. Hullo Fellye, have you been good?" Sav asked of the young child in Ilha's arms, aiming a warm smile at her. He hadn't been gone all that long yet, but he'd still missed seeing everyone. The Weyr was nice but it didn't feel quite like home -- not just yet.

It was to Yhar he spoke next, offering the man another smile and nod of his head. "'Lo Yhar, how's hunting?" There were others around, mostly candidates, but he wasn't one himself and didn't know many of them that well, so he merely offered them polite nods for now. They weren't here to talk to others from the Weyr, after all, they were here to visit, to see and learn… and to buy things.

Rheina, for her part, remained comfortably sprawled across her bonded's shoulders, but she offered happy cheeps to the humans around her and radiated warm, bright feelings. It was nice to be back!
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 10:40 AM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Ilharen chuckled softly and shrugged at Anhara. "Y'can tell her I did if y'like; she knows she's a terrible cook, probably one of the reasons she married Pa. What did you do t'get her out f'your blood though? We only just arrived!" Perhaps she thought his mother was angry at her for deciding to remain at the Weyr as a candidate? Could well be that, his mother definitely hadn't been thrilled about the number of young people travelling to the Weyr at first but now that everything was nice and official she was gruffly accepting of it all - she had to be.

"Glad t'hear your Ma's doing better though and," Ilharen half turned to include Savellaren in his smile too and as the other man stepped forward he dropped an arm around his waist and squeezed him tightly, "I'm sure she's still plenty spoiled by everyone else eh Sav? Y'd not've left else." He was sure that Anha hadn't meant anything by it but he wasn't sure how would Sav take it, he'd be gutted at the thought that he might be inconveniencing his mother somehow. "She'll be thrilled t'see you both though." Their parents and siblings must miss them - he knew his missed him and Red, while Nessa's must just be thrilled that they could see her at all - but with dragons visits were easy so long as you weren't a weyrling. Red would be able to come here again soon enough though, and Ilharen wondered what his brother would make of the changes as he scanned the camp-come-hold once more. "Just a shame we've not time t'go out and hunt ourselves, it's always satisfying t'cook what y'killed y'self." That was something he and Sav had always had in common, following up a hunt by preparing what the party had brought back. He missed simple things like that sometimes still, but now Sav was at the Weyr they could cook together again and that was more than wonderful even if they hadn't killed the meat for the pot.

Fellye had remained quiet at Sav's question, listening as the adults talked, but when Ilha finished and gave her a friendly jiggle she grinned shyly again and nodded. "Yeah," she added in a small voice, and then she held out the little green wher toy she was grasping to Sav. "Ellysk," she told him helpfully.

"Ohh, have you been good?" Ilharen beamed at Fellye. "Would your ma agree with that then?"

Fellye looked thoughtful for a few moments and then gave an open-handed shrug as her grin returned to her face.

Ilharen chuckled and booped her nose with a forefinger. "Well I'll ask her when she gets up, I've a treat with me for a good girl." Essie would probably be up in time for food but not much before that.
^
Tawny
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 10:56 AM

Tawny

Member+
Tea meister
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Yhar greeted Xeiran with a small smile and an incline of his head, and then repeated the price for him. "And same f'you, if y'd like t'buy it I'll have it kept safe 'til you leave tomorrow."

"Ah, the comb?" Yhar picked it up and passed it to Anhara for closer inspection. "That's Ilinya's work, caprine bone. She's been working on it a while, just finished it up about a week ago. Lovely isn't it?"

As Sav greeted him in the familiar fashion Yhar smiled again and looked him up and down. "It's good thanks, and with you? Y'look well, been showing the Weyr a taste of the south?"
^
Soleil
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 09:21 PM

Soleil

Candidate
The Ice Queen
Apprentice Healer

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Prongs

Soleil had wandered back to the group she had originally come with, having decided that she might as well stick to them. Anhara and the brownrider Ilharen were from the Daghar, after all, so if anyone knew what to do or the proper customs it would be those two.

And then Anhara said something about Savellaren. Something that had Soleil stiffening. To be fair she didn't know Anhara, had never had any inclination or desire to get to know the candidate that had been careless enough to actually get pregnant right before a hatching. She did, however, know Savellaren, and something about Anhara's comment didn't sit well with her. It wasn't the surprising bit of news that the two were related - she honestly couldn't have cared less - but rather the comment about their mother.

Perhaps Anhara only meant that their mother had had to adjust to another one of her children being gone. Or perhaps - and Soleil's gaze hardened at this thought - she was insinuating that her mother was somehow suffering because Savellaren had come to the Weyr. Most of Soleil's knowledge of the man came from more, ah, hands-on experience, but he didn't seem the type who would just up and abandon an ailing mother without making sure she would be seen after while he was gone.

Almost as if her thoughts and someone else's potentially snarky words had conjured him, there he was. His first comment made it clear he had heard what Anhara had said, though she couldn't tell if he was put out by it or just bantering with his sister. She decided she didn't care. Ilharen was talking to the adorable girl he was holding, and for a split second, Soleil ached to participate. She wanted to walk up and talk to the little girl about her wher toy, she wanted to talk about food and the people around them and just be a part of the group.

It would never happen.

They were talking about cooking. That was certainly something she could chime in on! "Will you be making pastries, Savellaren?" Soleil asked, her tone and face cold and closed off. Perhaps he would understand she was attempting to make a joke, perhaps he wouldn't. She told herself firmly that she didn't care whether or not he got it, so long as no one else in their group did.
^
Raelero
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 11:15 PM

Raelero

Candidate
N/A
Apprentice Smith

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Rae gave the man a nod and handed the pot back to him. "Thanks, I'd appreciate that, sir!" He could hardly believe his luck! A flit egg, and an offer to keep it safe until they were on their way! He couldn't believe his luck, and if he was a more suspicious person, he'd have his doubts. But he wasn't, and he didn't.

He moved away then, but not before giving Xeiran a nod and a smile. If he ended up getting the other egg, he made a note to himself to see what flit his egg hatched into. He nearly quivered with excitement. He wanted to know what his was going to hatch into as well!

He almost made his way back over to Soleil, but thought differently of it. As desperate as hew as to make friends with her, he also felt like pushing himself at her too much would have the opposite effect. He would wait it out. They were both candidates, after all. He would have plenty of time to try and get her to warm up to him, even the littlest bit.
^
Lorux
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 04:21 PM

Lorux

Candidate
Scrappy and Hungry
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

"Oooh, that's lovely!" Lorux exclaimed as he peered at the bone hair-comb, there were a lot of nice crafts spread out but was there anything he could afford? There were cute wher toys like the little girl had that probably weren't that expensive, but they weren't cute enough to justify the last of his hard won and earned marks. "Can I have a go on them pipes?" he asked Yhar after he'd scanned the wares a bit more, jerking his thumb at a neat pile of the instruments. When he got the nod he picked up a small fairly plain set and had a go at getting a tune out of them; what he got was a couple of slightly sad sounding notes but it was a start!
^
Xeiran
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 07:51 AM

Xeiran

Candidate
Dragon Candidate
Apprentice Harper

-
-

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: RedShoesWrites

Xeiran nodded to Yhar and quietly dug out the small leather pouch that held his marks. He had made most of them by performing small odds and ends for the harpers in Telgar. He hadn't formed a close enough relationship with the harpers here to be presented with paid opportunities yet.

The price would clean him out, but what else would he do with the marks? Most all his needs were met, and all of his personal effects were in good condition. He passed over the small coins with an amiable nod.

"Thank you for agreeing to watch the egg," he said as the coins slipped from his hand and into Yhar's. Xeiran gave one last look at the pot before turning away and scanning the small crowd of candidates. He didn't know most of them terribly well, but Raelero had given him a kind smile before moving away from the table.

Xeiran slowly made his way over to the other candidate and gave him a friendly nod. "It looks like we will have firelizard siblings," he said once he was close enough, latching onto the first common topic that came to mind. "Any guesses on what color they might hatch?"
📧
^
Veres
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 10:24 PM

Veres

Candidate
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Chocoholic Bookworm

The ride to Junglehold went much smoother for Veres, this time she knew what to expect so there was no letting her legs adjust once more to being on the ground. But it wasn't like she hadn't expected some disorientation the first time, she hadn't been on a dragon since the move down south. The heat of the jungle was the same as it had been elsewhere so far here in the South, but it was so much more moist, and the shade helped block some of the harshness of the sun. The trees were such a stark contrast to the sand of the Weyr, it was a nice change. It had been years since she had been around such and it was all she could do not to just let it suck her in for a while. But that would keep her from staying with the group, or even a partner, like they were supposed to, so she closed her eyes for a moment breathing deep of the foresty scents before following along. It wasn't as if they didn't have the same destination in mind what with only the one merchant. What with the trade center being all in one here the crowd was that much larger and Veres had hung back letting her fellow candidates look over the wares first.

It was both a relief and a disappointment that she didn't see any of the blades she so loved on display. She knew that the attention she had given them back at Stormhaven hadn't gone unnoticed, besides she didn't have any place to store one if she had blown her marks on it no matter how much she had liked the work. The old locked box that stored the two she did have didn't really have the room to add another and she wasn't irresponsible enough to bring another one into her room with no way to keep it secure, she didn't think someone would help themselves to her possessions but with something with the potential to be dangerous she preferred to use a bit of caution. So it was that the boxes drew her eyes this time. The boys may have gotten the firelizard eggs, but there was something else that had drawn her interest. When her turn came to approach she gestured to that item, the lovely Fancy Box.

"How much are you asking for this one?"

The sound of Lorux attempting a tune on the reeds brought her eyes to him ever so briefly.

"If you can't play better than that I doubt anyone will confuse you with a harper."

A challenge perhaps, she knew he had plenty firelizards of his own and if he could actually learn to carry a passable tune he might entertain them without annoying everyone else.

^
Raelero
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 10:29 PM

Raelero

Candidate
N/A
Apprentice Smith

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Rae gave Xeiran an even wider grin when he approached him and cocked his head at the question he proposed. He was amused, as it was almost like the other young man had read his mind, seen his earlier thoughts. He barely knew the other candidate, so it wasn't like it was one of his good friends who knew what would have gone through his mind.

"I'm hoping for a feisty green, to be honest," he told him as he crossed his arms behind his head. "I love greens, whether they be dragon, flit, or wher." He hadn't admitted it to anyone, but he secretly hoped that he Impressed a green when it came to be his time. Of course, he wouldn't be disappointed in any dragon that chose him, but he was really rooting for a green of his own.

"What about you? What color are you looking forward to?" He knew there were some people out there who didn't like to curse their luck with hoping for certain colors, and he wondered momentarily if Xeiran was one of them. He figured probably not, given that he'd asked the question in the first place.
^
Lilimina
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 06:37 PM

Lilimina

Candidate
fluffy holder girl
-- --

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: bfkitsune

There were a lot of people around the Junglehold, but not nearly as many people as there were trees. Trees, trees everywhere! She'd seen some before, of course, but never this many. Not even a fraction of this many.

There were also lots and lots of things to buy, and Lilimina spent a few long moments just looking over everything, and as she did she idly played with one of the earrings Soleil had given her the previous day. She'd put them in immediately - why wouldn't she? - and had been wearing them ever since. The white leather boots she'd bought she'd worn for most of the day too, but she'd carefully tucked them away before they arrived at the Junglehold to keep them from getting dirty or anything.

She moved to join the others a few feet away but paused midstep as something caught her eye. "Ohh, how much would you like for this?" She asked Yhar, smoothing her palm over a feline skin journal. It was such a lovely thing and felt so soft beneath her fingertips, and she carefully picked it up to thumb through the pages. Her parents had journals once in a while to keep track of things, or at least her father did, but they were always expensive things, and never bound in feline skin, and it delighted her to think of what they'd think or say if she came back with it for herself.
^
Tawny
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 03:34 PM

Tawny

Member+
Tea meister
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

"Ah, good eye," Yhar nodded to Veres. "That's quite a rare wood, that is. Give it a smell too." He gave her the price then and left her to decide if she wanted it or not as he turned to Lilimina. "Don;t get anything like that in the north do you?" he said rather proudly; predictably the diary was quite expensive but it really was a lovely thing.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 2  Add Reply Fast Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Dear guests and new members: Cbox is to the right!
We also have Discord Chat - To join, please click here.

'Sirocco' based on Alpha 2.0 by gunblaza. Coded by Capricorn for Sirocco Weyr
Forum Topsites, Rankings & Listings. Please Click to Vote Here!
Pernese Online Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons
Online Communities
RPG-D Ruby Wings ListingsNerd ListingsRPG Initiative
Affiliates
Southern Winds Weyr Fortune Favors the Brave