Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Snow And Steam, 514.03.16
Ilharen
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 06:52 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Tawny

"Mmh," Ilharen said in a grateful tone of voice as he took the klah, his mouth being too full of cheese to actually use words. Once he'd swallowed he elaborated; "Thanks," and took a swig of the now lovely warm drink.

"By there?" he continued, the question rhetorical and his smile soft as H'win tugged at his hair. "I think that'll suit you grand." The lines that showed now around his mouth and eyes when he smiled would be worn in, and that would be lovely too. Perhaps it was foolish to imagine all this when either of them could so easily die in the next Fall, or then again perhaps it was wise. If the only way you got to appreciate the life you might live or the face your love might one day wear was in your mind that was still a precious thing.... What would Tor look like if he were alive now? What would he be doing? Something fun, that was for sure.

"I think a beard might suit y'," Ilharen continued, shaking off his momentary distraction with another soft smile. "Ever thought of growing one?" His own attempts at growing facial hair in the past had not ended well; he had been accused of looking like mouldy cheese, in fact, and given it up as a lost cause.
^
H'win
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 07:00 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Zahhy

"Yer welcome." H'win smiled happily at Ilharen's gratefulness. Ilha was usually the thoughtful one, so it felt nice to be able to do something for his friend.

"Ye won't even be able to tell." There was a flourish of H'win's hand as he waved off Ilharen's compliment goodnaturedly. The smile on H'win's face grew slightly though. It would be hard to spot the silver against the blond, but he knew Ilharen would notice, and it would shine something spectacular in the sun... but that wouldn't be for some time yet, and of course, if he survived that long.

"A beard? Ye think so?" H'win leaned against the side of the pool, propping his face against his hand while he considered. He knew his facial hair grew thick enough for one, but would it really suit him?

"Maybe I'll try one someday. It still feels sparse around the sides." Idly H'win scratched his cheek and ran his hand along his temple again as if testing the stubble. He had shaved this morning, as he always did, but there was always some growth by the end of the day.

"Just a partial beard, perhaps." H'win conceded. He wondered what Ilharen was thinking about. He had that distant look in his eyes for a moment, but H'win would let him. He had learned the hard way not to push Ilharen to bring his feelings to light.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 07:16 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Ilharen shook his head in a gentle refute as he toyed with his stone pendant; "I would." He hoped that H'win knew that, he must mustn't he?... Yes; he was smiling, he knew.

"And yeah I do think so; y've got a good jaw for it," Ilharen nodded and rubbed at the long scar on his face as he pondered. "I think my face'd be lost in a beard, if I could grow one anyway. A short, neat, partial beard would suit you well though; emphasise and enhance rather than just cover yeah? There are disadvantages t'," he gave a huff of amusement and made air quotes, "looking like a girl." He'd got that on quite a lot of occasions since coming to Sirocco; apparently it was a bad thing? Eh.
^
H'win
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 12:15 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

Despite Ilharen's amusement at the comment, H'win felt annoyed and his quick anger rise up to defend his friend.

"Anyone that says you look like a girl is just jealous - or they like ye." And why wouldn't they? Ilharen had fine and delicate features, with well-kept luxurious hair. Perhaps those things could traditionally be considered feminine, but H'win wouldn't fault his friend for such things. Particularly when they were some of his favorite things about the other man. Nobody dared to call his Uncle Liard girlish, at least in front of H'win, but then again nobody dared insult Ilharen in front of him either. H'win knew that his own love of wine and the way he favored clothes could also be considered feminine too, but he suspected the privilege of his size and stature made challenging him less than ideal for the fools that thought such things.

"Cleanly shaven suits you." H'win reached forward, in what was supposed to be an affectionate nudge on Ilharen's chin. It should have been brotherly in its camaraderie, but H'win's thumb drew along Ilharen's chin for a moment too long and he caught himself not breathing, the playful moment turning into one of intimacy, intertwined as it was with the compliment and H'win's appreciation of his friend's good looks. Carefully, H'win pulled his hand away and let his eyebrow raise in amusement of his own as he tried to scatter the fussy feeling in his head.

"As for me? I'll test one out in the future - and if I look scruffy ye'll have to tell me, right? Seeing as it is yer idea..." H'win wasn't certain Ilharen would ever call him scruffy, but he hoped his friend would tell him if he looked foolish.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 03:04 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

He didn't need H'win to stand up for him but that didn't mean he didn't like it; Ilharen smiled and had been about to say something in response but the way H'win touched his chin stopped him dead, stopped him breathing while the moment held. The touch was gentle, intimate, and the look in H'win's eyes was....

The moment ended.

Ilharen breathed again, rubbed the scar on his face as he smiled broadly at H'win and watched him with tender eyes. "Thanks, I'm glad y'think so," he said once he'd regained the power of speech. "And sure, if I think it's not working out as well as I'd hoped I'll let y'know." He wouldn't let H'win wander around looking scruffy, that was for sure.
^
H'win
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 03:16 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

"So you'll be a grey-touched candidatemaster, and I'll be what? A silver-streaked Wingleader?" H'win frowned at that. He had never thought to rise in the ranks for weyrleadership - but what possibly could he and Beramoth do? Beramoth was no gold, and despite H'win's propensity for managing an estate for holdings thanks to the tutelage from his mother and sisters, there was no other way he could help in managing the weyr. Weyrleader Kleos rode a green. H'win could take her as proof that they were no longer limited by the color of their dragon. Beramoth was no ordinary blue. He could fly a full fall, as big as he was. Aye... wingleader sounded pretty good.

"That is once we're done mapping the south." It was all to perfect. H'win's breathing had returned, but he felt something in his chest stinging. It wasn't enough. Ilharen hoped his beard would grow in nice, to suit him and it... it was nice too. Splashing water over his face, H'win dunked his hair back into the water. He felt chilled, the fresh chilly mountain air had dried him off too much during their chatting. Rising back out of the pool dripping with water, H'win splashed some Ilharen's direction.

"Alright, c'mere. Sit on this rock here and let me see to yer back. You favor your side, ye know, so I have a feeling I know right where you are all knotted up." He could do this. Ilharen was his best friend, and his discomfort was H'win's fault. The least he could do was snap some of those muscles back into place for him.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 03:59 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Ilharen cocked his head in response to H'win's frown and then nodded, a smile still lingering on his lips. "Yeah, I could see that. I don't mind too much where we end up though s'long as we're still making time f'trips like this." Despite their recent brush with death he had to believe they'd both still be around to do it, and everyone else he loved too. He knew it wasn't a likely scenario but when had that ever stopped his imagination?

"Mapping the south's a must though, we-" The splash caught him off guard; Ilharen laughed incredulously and splashed back. "Goit," he said fondly as he moved to the rock H'win indicted and sat on it with his back to his friend. "Thanks; side's still a bit sore," he admitted, which was an understatement but not as much of one as it had been before they'd got in the water - the water was definitely helping.

What would H'win make of his scores though? They were thick and deep all down his back, worse on his side.... 'Win hadn't seen them before unless he'd glimpsed as they'd got into the water. He hoped they wouldn't bother H'win too much.
^
H'win
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 04:22 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

H'win didn't feel the need to promise that he would always take trips like this with Ilha. He only had to ask. He had once promised to take trips like these with Caleen too... and he did of course, but there was just something that held them both back H'win felt. Maybe he and Caleen together was too practical. There wasn't enough room to... yearn and dream. He snuffed at the water that Ilharen splashed back and smiled.

"Just a bit?" H'win didn't have to look down at the scars to know Ilharen was a fine liar, better than H'win (though that wasn't saying much). H'win wondered how many of the others believed Ilharen was fine? The protective side of H'win wanted to tell them all to make easy on him, but the proud side would never mother-hen so much and wound Ilharen's own pride.

It was difficult to see Ilharen torn up like this. H'win remembered the way Ilharen had slumped against Masalath, how tiny and frail he had seemed, and even now H'win wanted only to wrap his arms around the smaller man and will his skin to be once again pristine. Knowing Ilharen couldn't see his face made things easier. H'win paused to consider, what was easier? Shards, and shells and wherrytails. This was all too easy being around Ilharen. That was the problem. Shrugging off his concerns mentally, for now, H'win wrapped his hands gently around Ilharen's neck, using his palms to press gently into the muscles down his shoulders. If he could just busy himself with the task, he could worry about the rest later.

"Is it just the side that's still sore?" His tone was careful and earnest. H'win didn't want Ilharen to hide his pain from him and have him bumble around at make it worse. He knew Ilharen wouldn't complain.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 04:36 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

As H'win's broad calloused hands pressed into his sore muscles Ilharen gave a soft sigh of contentment and closed his eyes. He could lie to H'win and he knew it; he was generally fairly transparent but hiding pain? That he could do. He didn't want to lie though. "My back too, and sometimes my leg," he admitted after a pause, opening his eyes again to look out over the stunning landscape. "Neither so much as my side though. It's not that much fun but I was lucky, I can walk normally again and when I'm back in shape Masalath and I can return to Beta. Not everyone gets t'go back t'where they were before after scores like that." He hoped that the pain would fully fade in the end too but if it didn't that was something he could live with.
^
H'win
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 04:44 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

Bringing his hands back up to Ilharen's neck H'win drug them down again, this time over Ilharen's spine. He was mindful of the skin, and how it might pull tight against Ilharen's threadscores. He listened carefully as Ilharen described his pain. He paused in the massage to lean over Ilharen's shoulder and look at him from the side of his eye.

"No, Ilha. I was lucky." H'win knew Ilharen and Masalath had gotten in the way of that clump so he and Beramoth would not be hit again. He wouldn't let Ilharen forget either. He pulled back and buisied himself with the tight muscles around Ilharen's shoulders.

"You'll be back in Beta before you know it." That much H'win could promise. Ilharen pushed himself daily. He would grow strong again. In another movement of his hands H'win brought his palms with a bit more pressure down Ilharen's spine again. He felt the tension holding right where he had imagined, but as his hands met Ilharen's lower back he realized most of the tension continued down and focused around Ilharen's hip. That's why he favored his side! H'win made a triumphant grunt as he focused on the area.

"Here?" He asked as he worked his thumb into the lower back above the hip bone.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 05:25 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

That felt really good; the pressure was almost painful but he could feel the knots in his shoulders easing under H'win's fingers. Quite apart from that it just felt good to have H'win touching him with innocent intimacy, the sort of tenderness you could share with a close friend... or somebody who was something more. Ilharen looked down at his ring again but when H'win's face appeared in his peripheral vision he turned his head to look at him instead. "We were both lucky," he replied, his voice soft but as certain as though he'd a simple fact.

As H'win's hands moved further down his back Ilharen closed his eyes again and made another soft noise of contentment, quite content to be quiet and soak up the peace of the moment. When the hands went lower still however, down to hip level, he drew in a quick breath and grimaced. "Ah, yeah, it aches like fek by there; thanks, keep doing that." It definitely hurt but it felt as though it would feel better when H'win was done.
^
H'win
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 05:35 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

H'win grimaced too with Ilharen's hiss of breath. He was sympathetic but Ilharen told him not to stop so he tried to work out the knots at the hip.

"Ah... so, you might think about not sleeping in your hammock every night. It looks like your hip is used to curving in while you sleep and while you sit..." There was one spot H'win knew that if massaged would really ease the pressure the scars put on Ilharen's hip... but it was rather intimate. H'win bit the inside of his cheek to stop himself from thinking about his hands reaching down around Ilharen's waist to cup his hips and...

H'win had lied to himself. He couldn't do this. As soon as his hands had laid upon Ilharen's back a pleasant tingle threatened to shake him with a full body shiver that he hadn't noticed before. It was started to warm his middle, somewhere between his spine and bellybutton and he felt almost uncomfortable with the heat, sweat and water droplets racing down from his hair along his neck and down his own back. Now that he was thinking of Ilharen in this way, new yet tantalizing thoughts seemed to trail behind them. Why had he thought this was a good idea?

"Scorching shells, Ilha." H'win cursed at Ilharen's stiff muscles, as much as he cursed himself. He fought the urge to turn away from his friend. He felt like a child. Wanting something he couldn't - no he could but he shouldn't... and why shouldn't he? Another voice inside his head chimed in and H'win thought for a minute Beramoth had invaded his private thoughts. Crackdust! He didn't want to think about this.

"Just make sure you lay flat tonight..." H'win replied, his voice more casual again. He couldn't bring himself to recommend Ilharen visit Noralell - particularly when the image of Ilharen in his own bed was vivid behind his eyelids. H'win scrubbed his face against his hands, smooshing the features around in frustration and leaving his bangs poking every which way as he pulled his fingers through his hair.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 06:10 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

As H'win started to work on his hip Ilharen opened his eyes again, focused on the pretty landscape again to stop his mind from wandering to anything else. It would be very easy to let his mind wander, he had a good imagination. The vast, strange, beautiful snowy landscape was distraction enough though and the intermittent stabs of pain from the scores around where H'win was massaging helped to keep his mind off anything like that too.

"Right; I'd not thought of that," he admitted, "I'll give it a try, can't hurt." He always felt a bit exposed in a flat bed but if it helped with the muscle stiffness at least it would be worth it.

But then, suddenly, H'win was cursing at him and the strong hands withdrew. Ilharen half turned, a frown of concern and confusion creasing his brow. " 'Win?" H'win was tugging at his hair like he did, distressed all of a sudden and he had no idea why. Was H'win that upset by the scores? Had he asked too much of him?...

And just as suddenly H'win was casual again; Ilharen canted his head to the side for a moment, his expression still faintly worried, but then he nodded slowly. "I will, I promise." But now what? "D'you want me t'have a look at your shoulders?"
^
H'win
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 06:19 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

Ilharen was looking at him, eyes wide with concern, and worry and H'win felt another guilty pang in his chest. Ilha could tell he was distressed. H'win wanted to take Ilharen's tilted face and bring it close... Nope. No he did not need Ilharen's hands on him, even if he wanted them to be. He knew he was red, brighter and blushing more than he ever had been. Had Ilharen always felt this way about him too? Maybe... maybe Ilharen's feelings had changed and H'win was just catching up too late.

"I... I think I'm too warm." H'win said, his words falling out in a jumbled rush. He then turned in the water, splashing about as he hastily climbed out of the hot-spring. He cursed unintelligibly with each toe stubbed as he clambered over the hot rocks. The bluerider paused near a pile of snow, cupped himself carefully and then dove bare-naked right into the drift.

Beramoth and Sweetroll screeched simultaneously with the suddenness of the sensation but H'win did not pop his head back out of the snow quite yet. Only a great exhale of air, like the sound of a wild wher grunting in the distance, could be heard from the snowbank where H'win shivered. The air tried again to escape his lungs in a cry at the shock of the cold snow on his scorching flesh but he held it in. He was shaking a little, but stubbornly willing himself to calm down. If he lost control over his shaking, then he would crawl back out, but until then, he would sit here and force his blood to cool. Hopefully, if he froze himself half to death he would be able to think again. He needed his mind clear so he could answer Ilharen's questions like a fully conscious, able-minded adult, not some love-crazed wherryheaded chit.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 06:27 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Ohhhh. Right. Well that was....

So he'd always known H'win loved him as a friend, lately something more, today definitely more, and right now - 'too warm', Ilharen could make a very strong guess about what had prompted that. Maybe he was wrong? And so what if he was right? H'win was more inclined to fling himself into deep snow than to do anything about it.

Ilharen watched the drift his friend had disappeared into for a few moments before turning his back, just in case catching his gaze when he looked out of it prompted H'win to burrow deeper or something. Try as he might - and he did try! - he just couldn't wrap his head around all of the hangups H'win had around bodies, men, women, and love. He knew it wasn't 'Win's fault, he'd been raised to be neurotic, but sometimes it made him want to smack his head against a wall in despair.

"I heard that diving from hot springs into the snow is popular in some bits of the north, is that true here?" Ilharen asked after a few moments more, hoping that a complete change of subject might help with... well whatever was going through H'win's mind that worried him so much.
^
H'win
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 06:45 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

The snow had shocked his body almost as much as H'win's realizations had shocked his mind. H'win could feel his heart pounding wildly in his chest trying desperately to keep him warm. He could feel Beramoth's mind curiously prodding at him too. He hadn't anticipated this. He loved Ilharen, deeply, and now... now that love was starting to manifest in ways he hadn't imagined. It felt... exciting and new but also frustrating. He didn't know what to do about it - at all or how to... where to... begin. As he lay in the snow staring up at the sky though he knew he would need advice.

He couldn't seek Ilharen out on this... and he couldn't very well ask Caleen... Caleen! H'win hadn't forgotten about her of course, but thinking of her reminded him of their promises to one another. Surely she had these urges - especially with Sarai after their last flight... and she managed. Didn't she? Shards. H'win had never bothered to ask if she did keep to herself. He wouldn't assume... they had never been exclusive truly. H'win wouldn't ask her - that would look bad, like he had intentions... but he would at least be honest with her about how he was feeling. She had to know. He loved someone else, and desperately.

Shivering and rigid, H'win rose from the snowbank. He couldn't control the shaking any longer and he nodded and walked stiffly back toward the hot spring. He stubbed more toes this go around but he was too busy trying to get back to the heat to curse.

"Oh aye. I-i-i-it gives the body a good s-s-s-shock. F-f-f-feels like a rush... sort of l-l-like k-l-l-l-lah. H'win managed to stammer around his chattering teeth and he slipped back into the hot spring letting the warm water envelope him again. Sweetroll cheeped in welcome, though the brown lizard's eyes still whirled orange with annoyance at H'win punishing himself.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 06:52 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

It took a while but eventually H'win gave him a shuddering answer and though he didn't precisely watch he also knew from Harmony that he was heading back to the spring. Once H'win was safely submerged again Ilharen turned to him and nodded, a small smile tugging at his lips . "I'll bet it does that but I think I'll give it a miss this time m'self." The scores were not fond of the cold, he wasn't going to exacerbate them just as they'd started to ease a bit. Anyway, he felt like 'Win might not take it terribly well if he suddenly clambered out of the pool.

"Here," Ilharen snagged the floating klah skin and passed it to H'win with a nod, his small smile turning crooked with fondness and amusement. "A rush is good f'the soul but I don't want you getting chilled, have some more actual klah eh?"
^
H'win
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 07:02 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

Still shivering some, H'win reached forward and nodded as he took the klah. He drank deeply from it, letting the warmth seep back into him from the inside out. He felt like he should say something. All this talk of the future and he knew what he wanted... mostly. He promised Ilharen he would be honest. They should talk about it, or it would ruin them, that much H'win was certain.

"Oh, shard it! Ilha I can't go on like this." Breathlessly H'win blurted out what was on his mind. He gasped for air as he pulled the klah jug away from his face. He had managed mostly to stop the shivering now, the hot spring returning heat to his tingling limbs.

"I have to know. I need to... I need to think about this all a lot more, but Ilha I have to know... what you said the last time we talked... about what we wanted... do you, feel the same, still?" He wanted to look away, to blush and poke at the pretty green moss growing on the grey stones, but he managed to keep his eyes locked on Ilharen's face. Did Ilharen still want him? H'win felt like an idiot, unable to say the words, to ask what he really wanted, but he couldn't. He was never this honest with himself or anyone else and saying it would make it real. If Ilharen turned down a vague question, his heart could handle that.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 07:13 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Oh.

Of all the things he might have thought would come next this... this was not on the list. Ilharen stared back into H'win's eyes and opened his mouth to speak but for a moment he couldn't make his tongue form the words that were competing for space in his mind. He paused, swallowed, and ran his tongue over his lips. "I do." There was so much more he wanted to say, he wanted to express every silly dream that had ever run through his head even though he knew it would certainly be too much. Perhaps he could say some of it though, just a little.

"If I could have anything," he continued, his gaze unwavering but soft and open and warm. "If I could have anything... I would want a life shared. Two swords on the wall. Two spears in the corner. Northern glassware, southern wooden cups.... My feelings haven't changed 'Win, I love you now as I did then but without fear." He knew he couldn't have those things he spoke of, H'win loved Caleen just as well and they didn't share a weyr, but again - when had the impossible ever stopped him dreaming? Honestly he never expected there to be more between them than there was right now but... but this morning he hadn't expected a ring. His fingers found the lovely silver thing again suddenly and he started to fiddle with it as he searched H'win's face for a reaction.
^
H'win
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 07:27 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

There was a pause and H'win felt his heart pull at the muscles in his chest and worry crept in. The thought that Ilharen had changed his mind was a fearful one and H'win began to nod in understanding even before Ilharen spoke. When Ilharen said I do though, H'win returned his gaze back to his friend and a smile crept onto his face.

He did! Ilharen still wanted him. H'win felt his heart release the tense hold on his chest, only to pitter back into a fast cadence. He listned to what Ilharen wanted and a new kind of fear rose up. Could he be that? Could he truly, deeply commit to Ilharen like that?

"Maybe someday.... if something changes I can do that, but right now I can promise to love you." There was a slight sadness in his eyes, that much H'win knew. What Ilharen described - that's what H'win truly wanted. To share everything. He hated sharing Caleen, but they had their dragons to consider. Flights were part of life, and H'win enjoyed them. Could he truly be as loyal as Ilharen dreamed of? He was afraid he would fail. Would the promise of someday be enough for Ilha? H'win hoped so.

"I know I want to share more with you Ilha. I just wanted to make sure you felt the same before I went... and changed things." At the last bit H'win looked up at the valley to take in the pretty scenery. This conversation had already changed things. He knew more, and what he had learned made him happy... and sad. H'win wouldn't want to let his desires ruin their friendship. That much he was certain of. Nor would he risk Caleen without knowing. It would feel disingenuous to the love he had for her if he was considering leaving her for Ilharen without checking first. He had considered it of course, but wasn't it just as disingenuous to Ilharen to stay with Caleen just because they were already together? His desires clashed deeply with his northern sensibilities, and he thought that he should be honest with Ilharen first, especially before he went and rattled off his feelings about the man to his current lover. He would damage no-one needlessly anymore, if he could help it.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 08:21 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

That also wasn't what he'd expected. If something changed- Caleen? But they were... they were serious weren't they? In truth he'd never had the guts to ask H'win how he felt about her but he'd drawn his own conclusions and he was fairly sure they were accurate. Was H'win talking about sharing, all three of them? He wasn't sure if that was something he could do no matter how much he loved H'win...

He loved him. He'd actually said it out loud.

Ilharen opened he mouth to speak but again found himself robbed of words, and in place of them he smiled as warmly and brightly as Rukbat's rays and reached out to give H'win's shoulder as gentle squeeze. " 'Win I...." What? His head was spinning as much as when H'win had given him the ring, maybe more. He looked down at it, pretty and shimmering, and ran his thumb over the stone. "I've no words again," he continued softly, raising his eyes to meet H'win's once more. "Just hearing you say that is.... I don't want t'cause a problem in your life, between you and Caleen, but... if there could be something someday I...." The words were gone again and he shrugged helplessly as he smiled at H'win.

He loved him.
^
H'win
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 09:00 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

Ilharen was just staring at him and H'win's brown drew down in concern, but then Ilharen smiled and reached for him. Just hearing him say what? Oh! H'win had said he could promise to love him. He had said it. Out-loud. As if... as if it were easy. He guessed that it was.

"Ye don't have to say anything right now... Nothing's changed quite yet." H'win swallowed hard. Caleen loved him. H'win knew that. He hated thinking of her in these moments as if she was somehow anchoring him. What had he expected? Had he expected not to fall in love with her when he asked her to be with him that day at the oasis?

H'win shook his head and smiled at Ilharen weakly. He hadn't expected his relationship with Caleen to amount to anything serious at first... but it had. She loved him, and he loved her. It was serious, as far as weyr standards went. He didn't know how she would take him wanting to be with Ilharen too... she might say she wouldn't mind, but it didn't matter. H'win knew he couldn't hide himself from Ilharen anymore, and, truthfully, without the threat of judgmental ire from his father, there was no longer a reason to.

"You'll never be a problem in my life, Ilha... and if you are then so be it." He smiled then, leaning his head back against a rock, content. He was happy in the way that made it feel like your face was going to split. They had promised to always be friends. H'win could live with the loss of Caleen - or at least that's what he told himself - he didn't believe he ever really had her, but even now he knew he would die when Ilharen was gone from him. He had to swallow hard again. Caleen promised he would always have her too. After this... H'win wasn't quite so sure, but he had made his choice. His heart had always known - Ilharen was his home.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 02:19 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Nothing had changed? Of course it had changed, H'win had admitted it aloud and with the ring and-!

And Ilharen didn't say that, he just leaned back against the smooth side of the pool and looked up at the icy-blue sky above; his face was starting to hurt a bit, not from the scar but from the grin that seemed to have fixed itself on his face. "That sounds good t'me. Very good." Maybe things really could work out for all three of them? It seemed like a lot to hope for but just at the moment almost anything seemed possible. They deserved to be happy didn't they? All of them? Would life grant them that, perhaps as a reward for the dangers they faced? Things didn't work so neatly and fairly as that but it was a nice thought wasn't it? "And you the same f'me," he added, turning his head to look over at H'win again with the broad grin still lighting up his face. "I wouldn't be without you."
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 3  Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Dear guests and new members: Cbox is to the right!
We also have Discord Chat - To join, please click here.

'Sirocco' based on Alpha 2.0 by gunblaza. Coded by Capricorn for Sirocco Weyr
Forum Topsites, Rankings & Listings. Please Click to Vote Here!
Pernese Online Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons
Online Communities
RPG-D Ruby Wings ListingsNerd ListingsRPG Initiative
Affiliates
Southern Winds Weyr Fortune Favors the Brave