Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Welcome Chat
Tawny
 Posted: Jun 8 2017, 02:28 PM

Tawny

Member+
Tea meister
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Tawny

Hiii, welcome! =D

I am super biased but I think you should make a dragon candidate as well as a wher candidate. Babies ftw!

Also, hit me up for Bolts RP!
โœ‰
^
hbk
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 05:26 PM

hbk

Keelah se'lai
-- --

-
-

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: hbk

Hi everyone =)
I am 28 from the southern USA {I'll try to refrain from using y'all, but no promises ;]}.I am married with 6 furbabies, and 1 real baby who is almost 7 months old. In the real world I am a public school teacher, but in the cyber world I've been writing in Pern Fandom since I was 15.

My first Pern book was DragonFlight, and to this day, it is still my favorite, with DragonQuest as a close second. I have read all of the Pern books by Anne, and two of Todd's (two was a plenty.)

I entered Pern Fandom by joining Dragonriders of Pern PBEM (it's still open too, crazy!) But I've been in several Play-by-Email groups over the years, and still am. My first taste of Pern on Forums was Expedition Pern. I was sad when it ended because I thought it was great. I haven't been in any other Pern forums since then.

I've never played in a forum where you have sub-accounts, and I'm used to Threadfall just being an ordinary part of writing. So I'm just nervously standing by the edge of the club, trying to figure out how to adopt a persona and get my feet wet :)
โœ‰
^
otterly
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 10:04 PM

otterly

Member+
Yells at Hockey Players
Journeywoman --

Lontrath

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: shh it's a secret

Welcome, hbk! We're glad to have you!

Since there's no formal application process, you can head over to the templates thread to get started with writing up your characters! If you haven't got any ideas, you're also welcome to head over to the adoptables subform and choose a character from there!

If you haven't already, you should also PM Badgerigar for an invite to join us over on Slack! Someone's always available there!

As for subaccounts--I was a little intimidated by them too when I first joined, but it's super simple to hook yourself up with them! All you have to do is register an account with your character's name, and then log back into your primary account. From there, you just head over to your account settings, and then in the sidebar click on "edit subaccounts." To link them, all you need to do is enter the username and the password of the character account.

And once you get situated, you should totally head over to this thread and claim your character a firelizard! ;)

Anyway, looking forward to writing with you, and you should always feel free to shoot a message if you'd like to plot!
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Tawny
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 03:39 AM

Tawny

Member+
Tea meister
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Welcome HBK! You have excellent timing, we've got a wher clutch and a dragon clutch imminent! If you have any questions feel free to hit me up over pms or on slack. I'm sure anyone else would say the same!
โœ‰
^
Tawny
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 04:20 PM

Tawny

Member+
Tea meister
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

QUOTE (hbk @ Jun 12 2017, 10:26 PM)
Hi everyone =)
I am 28 from the southern USA {I'll try to refrain from using y'all, but no promises ;]}.I am married with 6 furbabies, and 1 real baby who is almost 7 months old. In the real world I am a public school teacher, but in the cyber world I've been writing in Pern Fandom since I was 15.

My first Pern book was DragonFlight, and to this day, it is still my favorite, with DragonQuest as a close second. I have read all of the Pern books by Anne, and two of Todd's (two was a plenty.)

I entered Pern Fandom by joining Dragonriders of Pern PBEM (it's still open too, crazy!) But I've been in several Play-by-Email groups over the years, and still am. My first taste of Pern on Forums was Expedition Pern. I was sad when it ended because I thought it was great. I haven't been in any other Pern forums since then.

I've never played in a forum where you have sub-accounts, and I'm used to Threadfall just being an ordinary part of writing. So I'm just nervously standing by the edge of the club, trying to figure out how to adopt a persona and get my feet wet :)

Ahhh, I love your user pic! =D
โœ‰
^
crowfeet
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 09:11 PM

crowfeet

Member+
caw
-- --

---
#ffffff

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: ----

Hey, welcome!! Haha, i totally get that about forums; its a bit confusing to get used to the new format! But like Otter said there's no need to worry about getting a character accepted or anything, just go ahead and post up their profile :) no need to be nervous!! We're all pretty friendly here and feel free to ask any of us if you have any questions!!
โœ‰
^
Justicar
 Posted: Sep 3 2017, 04:39 PM

Justicar

N/A
-- --

Slotheth
#cca4a3

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: A Real Life Sloth

Hello everyone!
I'm a thirty-something from the Northern USA. In the real world there's nothing exciting to say about myself; I'm shy, boring, and a little dull, but in the cyber world, I'm able to flourish just a little. Which means I inevitably stumble over myself quite a bit and say sorry a little too much for my own good, so this is your warning that I'm bound to do that within some point in time here.

When it comes to the Pern fandom, I've been involved off-and-on for about twenty-two or so years, give or take a little here or there, but I didn't become involved in forums until about 2007-ish. In all my time participating in the fandom, however, I have to say two of my favorite advancements have been the loosening of sexuality restrictions, and the use of subaccounts in play.

I'm unable to work right now due to some personal health reasons, but one day I'll return to work like a true boss where I'll take over the world like Wonder Woman. Until them, I write like a fiend (of the sloth variety), play video games (right now Time Management games, Stardew Valley, and Fallout 4 make up the majority of my gaming list), learn how to code forum skins, watch all of the seasons of Bob's Burgers on loop, and nap like a true sloth.

I look forward to writing and plotting with everyone here at Sirocco!
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Tawny
 Posted: Sep 4 2017, 02:12 AM

Tawny

Member+
Tea meister
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Hurray, welcome Justicar! Have Have you had a slack chat invite yet?

And let me know if you'd like to start a thread, I've got a bunch of characters available.
โœ‰
^
Jinx
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 05:47 PM

Jinx

N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Jinx

Hello hello! I've had an opportunity to talk to some of you guys, though I figured a formal introduction wouldn't hurt. My experience with Pern sites is decidedly limited, as I've only been a part of two before this one, but I've always really enjoyed the dynamics that can be played on the forums (especially the touchings and hatchings! Eeeee baby dragons!)

Other than that, I've been roleplaying on and off for about 5-6 (though I can't exactly remember when I started...) years. My favorite part of roleplaying is definitely brainstorming plots, especially ones that leave my character's hearts in pieces on the ground.

Other than that...I guess interesting facts? I'm attending a one-year liberal arts program in Canada, I really love birds, and I have a hound dog (who I, unfortunately, can't bring to Canada. ;;; )

Anyways, I can't wait to write with you all!
โœ‰
^
Nayeli
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 03:48 PM

Nayeli

N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Nayeli

Hello! I'm a little nervous to start writing, so I am thankful for this welcome thread. :) I haven't written in a LONG, LONG time, not since the days of avidgamers, so I'm a little hesitant to post! Are our characters automatically "approved" and we can start posting? Do I need to make a plot post first? Creative writing has always been a little hobby of mine and has taken a backseat for the past couple of years due to college and graduate school.

I've only created one character so far, just because I'm not sure how active I can be yet. I'm a nurse by day (...well, sometimes night) so my activity might be a little erratic-- if I disappear for a while it might be because I've been picking up extra shifts and fried my brain!
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Zahhy
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 04:26 PM

Zahhy

Root Admin
Quizard
-- --

Adminth
#d22608

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: A Ladybug

Welcome Nayeli!!

There is no application so you just post your character and if I have any questions or concerns, I'll sort them out with you after! It's just so you can start posting right away!

Plot posts are also unnecessary, you won't need it if you don't want it. :)

We look forward to playing with you at whatever level you feel comfortable! We would prefer you try not to fry your brain and we'll be here whenever you get back! <3
โœ‰WebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Tawny
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 04:36 PM

Tawny

Member+
Tea meister
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Jinx! Nayeli! Welcome! =D

If either of you fancy and plotting hit me up either by PM or over slack, I look forward to playing with you guys!
โœ‰
^
Heijale
 Posted: Sep 7 2017, 06:33 PM

Heijale

Collector of Blues
Apprentice Harper

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Heijale

Hello everyone! I go by Heijale, or Hei most of the time. I'm a 33 year old dog groomer from Virginia. Been on a number of Pern sites, though I took a bit of an RP break for around a year or so. Started reading the books when I was around 14, and though I love Anne's writing, I couldn't really get much into Todd's.

Other than RP and grooming dogs, I also ride horses (leasing a rescue quarter horse now, who I hope to buy soon), love amusement parks and roller coasters, and can usually be found with my nose in a book in my spare time.

I look forward to writing with everyone!!
โœ‰
^
Tawny
 Posted: Sep 10 2017, 11:01 AM

Tawny

Member+
Tea meister
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Welcome Heijale!! Sorry it's a bit belated XD

I am always up for plots, hit me up any time!
โœ‰
^
RedShoesWrites
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 08:35 PM

RedShoesWrites

Played by: RedShoesWrites

Hi everyone,

I have seen a few familiar faces, and am glad that I am finally getting around to getting started at Sirocco. (i.e. see the registration date of my OOC account...) I am 29, married with one dog-o. I am an accountant by day and hobbyist by night. I sing in a barbershop choir, I am taking beginner fiddle lessons and play a number of other instruments, I frequent the local community art center and have been known to take a martial arts class or two.

I first got into pern role-play when I was in jr. high. Played for a couple of years and then dropped off. I picked it up every once in a while, but never really got back into it until more recently. Pern is the only fandom I have ever done forum RPG with, but [insert very light interest check....] I am thinking of starting a Crystal Singer forum, which is in a very close tie with the Freedom series for my second-favorite Anne McCaffery universe.

Besides Pern & Anne McCaffery, I am a lover of video-games, Sci-Fi and Fantasy anything and read a lot of fan-fiction when I am not on the forums.

Looking forward to playing with everyone and getting to know Sirocco!

RedShoes

p.s. Not to be confused with the character Red. ;)
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Chocoholic Bookworm
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 10:12 PM

Chocoholic Bookworm

N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Chocoholic Bookworm

Welcome.

Never did this either so My name is Stephanie and I live in Michigan (Lower Peninsula), I'm 38 and started RPing on WBS back in high school with a group of friends around '96 or '97. This is my first Pern game though I did read all of the books that Anne wrote in this world (more than once for several) , and a few of the other series as well. I read ALOT, pretty much anything as long as it's fiction and isn't straight romance. Nintendo player since the NES (and still have all the systems including some game and watch). I work retail so holiday's are evil as is Back to School season. I do board play and live (though less than I used to) on Chatalot in ranges from fantasy to modern. Over the years I have taken a few breaks (the first was about 7 years - lack of access), then one for about a year (had no access), and the last of less than that due to health issues (at least that’s when they started). I don't plan on any more, and so far I'm loving the group here. Other than that I like anime, cartoons, superhero movies, old comedies (movies and tv), and too many tv shows to mention.
โœ‰
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 3  Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Dear guests and new members: Cbox is to the right!
We also have Discord Chat - To join, please click here.

'Sirocco' based on Alpha 2.0 by gunblaza. Coded by Capricorn for Sirocco Weyr
Forum Topsites, Rankings & Listings. Please Click to Vote Here!
Pernese Online Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons
Online Communities
RPG-D Ruby Wings ListingsNerd ListingsRPG Initiative
Affiliates
Southern Winds Weyr Fortune Favors the Brave