Kleos

Greenrider
Weyrleader
-- --

Moriath
#6B8E23

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Tawny

Moriath had never risen reliably. Sometimes it could be three times a turn, and some turns she could go without rising even once. Since five eleven the bulky green had shown not the slightest flicker of purple eyes, there had been so much to think of and worry over - it would have been too much. With a new Turn underway however, and with the tide of history turning in Sirocco's favour, the strong green sat on her ledge and she gleamed in the light of morning. It would rain soon, she could see the clouds on the horizon, but they were not here just yet. This was her moment.

Males of Sirocco, Moriath's voice boomed like steel-edged thunder as she rose to her feet and stretched. Your Weyrleader rises. Who has the mettle to chase me? To win this day? Make yourselves known - sound off!

Within her weyr Kleos smoothed her hands back over her shorn hair and exhaled slowly. So it was time again, she had almost hoped that Moriath had forgotten the entire notion but it was not to be. Heart pumping hard and mouth drying out already with the adrenaline she corked her inkwell, tidied away her papers, and rose to her feet.

"Let us see who is worthy of you, my love." And who was worthy of Kleos herself? That was not necessarily one and the same.
โœ‰
^
Igraine
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 09:55 PM

Igraine

Weyrling
a Good and Proper Lady
-- --

Phasianth
#e5a81a

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: otterly

It was as if Colibrith's maiden flight had unleashed something in Phasianth, and when Moriath called to the dragons of SIrocco, he answered her, bugling with lusty enthusiasm.

I am here, Moriath! he called, voice bright and fierce. He was young and energetic and sturdy. Let me show you what I can do!

There were clouds hovering on the horizon, but no storms came yet. Perhaps this time Phasianth himself would be the storm; he lifted from his ledge with a powerful leap and delighted in the way his wings pushed him upward. He felt strong and vibrant today, his hide glinting in the daylight.

He cried out again, a loud brassy sound that reverberated through the sky. He might not have won Colibrith's flight--though he did not remember such a flight any longer--but he was determined to be thought worthy of this one.

The sound of Phasianth's trumpeting startled Igraine, and she pricked herself with the embroidery needle in her hand. "Oh, again," she breathed, her eyes wide. She was in her own weyr this time, caught up in her sewing, and hadn't expected Phasianth to answer any calls.

But she felt the lust rising in his mind. Now it was a familiar feeling which suffused Igraine with heated desire. Another flight. Igraine swallowed hard. She had only to touch minds briefly with Phasianth's to know who it was.

Kleos was altogether far more intimidating than her dear friend T'ris was. Should she go to the Weyrleader, wherever she was? Igraine faltered and then gathered enough presence of mind to set her project aside. She was a weyrling still. It was not the same as bedding her friend and classmate during his dragon's maiden flight, and Igraine did not know what to do.

She heard Phasianth cry out again, more distantly now as he flew after Moriath, and let her mind go with him for awhile. She would try not to worry.
โœ‰
^
R'sol
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 10:41 PM

R'sol

Brownrider
Assistant weyrlingmaster
-- --

Voroth
#8b4513

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Prongs

Moriath rises, Voroth announced.

Why was it that every time he sat down to eat, Voroth decided to chase a green? R'sol sighed, looking longingly at the food he had been planning to enjoy. No hope for that now. Lust was rolling into him courtesy of Voroth, and the dining hall was no place for this sort of thing. Good luck, he told his dragon as he got up and began to make his way out of the hall.

He hadn't seen Kleos come through on her way to the flight rooms, but that didn't mean much. The Weyrleader could have been anywhere. Maybe he would start towards her weyr first though, just to check. If she wasn't there then he'd find a quiet place to hole up for a while, or maybe see if someone else was willing to spend some time with him.

Moriath, there is nothing that could rival your beauty, Voroth called, leaping into the air. The large brown bugled his acceptance of her challenge. I will chase!
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
T'ris
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 10:47 PM

T'ris

Weyrling
N/A
-- --

Colibrith
#259d72

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: bfkitsune

T'ris had barely finished removing Colibrith's riding straps before flecks of orange shot through his dragon's whirling green eyes. Moriath rises, she announced to her rider, though what gave him pause was not that tidbit but the jealous tinge to her voice as she added, and Phasianth chases.

"Phasianth?" T'ris echoed, halting halfway between his green and the hook on the wall for her riding straps.

Yes, she replied succinctly, both the jealousy in her voice and the orange in her eyes grew more distinctive. T'ris hastened to hang up her straps before he returned to her side and stroked her neck gently.

"Phasianth will always be your dear friend, no matter who he chases," he reminded her, and he could feel that she knew that to be true, even if the thought still upset her. With a huff and a half-smile, T'ris switched tracks and gave her shoulder an affectionate thump. "And besides, it isn't like you picked him during your flight."

Colibrith rumbled a little as she settled down on her ledge with a huff, not deigning to reply to her rider. Instead she said, Go to her, I know you want to.

"I do want to," he agreed, but he hesitated to do so. "Are you alright love?"

Of course I am.

At first he didn't exactly believe she was, but the flecks of orange had faded from her eyes, leaving them a lovely greenish-blue shade, and he could feel her contentment, so he pressed a kiss to her snout before he turned and jogged into his half of their weyr. It took but a moment or two to take off his riding leathers, and a moment or two longer to dart out his door so he could head towards Igraine's.

Was it presumptuous of him? Absolutely. Was that going to stop him? Absolutely not! The worst that could happen was she'd tell him no, and if that was the case he'd gladly leave her in peace. If she didn't mind though... Well.

It didn't take him long to reach her weyr, given the fact he'd jogged the whole way there, and once he did he wasted no time knocking on her door. "Igraine?"
โœ‰
^
J'ska
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 11:09 PM

J'ska

Bluerider
N/A
-- --

Remith
#6A0CFB

Profile | Plotpage

Greens rose all the time, almost every single day it seemed like, and yet Remith rarely chased. J'ska had long since stopped worrying over his blue's chasing habits - or lack thereof - since Rem usually only ever chased greens he knew or felt comfortable with.

Usually.

So, when he felt a surge of lust from his blue, it blindsided him completely and made him choke on his klah in the middle of the dining hall. Very attractive.

I am here as well, Moriath, the bright blue called, although his soft mindvoice was hesitant and uncertain, but not enough to stop him from standing on the edge of his ledge and craning his neck to look for the beautiful green -- beautiful and confident and intense, but commanding. All he could do was what he was told, and he did so promptly.

Down in the dining hall, J'ska set his mug down and wiped the remnants of his klah off the lower half of his face. Shards. Why now? Why Moriath? Where was Kleos's weyr? ....actually no, scratch that, he should not head to Kleos's weyr. The bluerider pushed himself to his feet but remained rooted to the spot, even as he felt drawn to the greenrider's weyr like some invisible rope was trying to tug him there. The flight rooms though, the flight rooms... he could go there. Surely he'd run into someone on the way there.

...did he want to run into someone on the way there?
โœ‰
^
G'oain
 Posted: Jan 24 2018, 10:47 AM

G'oain

Brownrider
Delta Wingleader
Journeyman Healer

Taloth
#53251b

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Zahhy

G'oain felt Taloth's arousal stir just as he was inspecting the most recent pot of numbweed set aside specifically for recovery purposes. He prefers to keep multiple pots at various strengths for he found that with recovery some pain was necessary to avoid reinjury. He paused for a moment trying to sense through Taloth which green. His question was answered as his dragon decided to join the chase.

Moriath! I heed your call.
Taloth's strong, grounded voice echoed out and rang clearly in G'oain's head. The brownrider quickly set the numbweed down and turned without hesitation out of the infirmary. The Weyrleaders weyr would be mercifully near the sands and not on one of the high weyrs. He would not have far to go.

Perhaps it was unwise to seek Kleos out, but G'oain would not miss stepping up, particularly if his dragon were to win. He and Kleos had a strictly professional relationship as Weyrleader and Wingleader, and deep down G'oain felt this was precisely why a woman should not be their weyrleader, but he had a deep respect for Kleos and allowed himself to get caught up in his dragon's desire. He picked up his pace toward her weyr, he would hate to be the last of the suitors to show!

To the air Taloth rose, his affectionate heart reaching out toward the green. The ruddy brown's hide gleamed as he joined the other males to chase after her. He was confident in his ability to keep up with Moriath as a strong and endurance-trained dragon. Taloth believed he could outmaneuver these blues and possibly even outfly that bronze!
โœ‰
^
Kleos
 Posted: Jan 24 2018, 03:49 PM

Kleos

Greenrider
Weyrleader
-- --

Moriath
#6B8E23

Profile | Plotpage

As one by one the males answered her call Moriath gave a soft croon of satisfaction; this would do, this would do very well. The muscular green bellowed a challenge to the grey afternoon sky and launched herself from her ledge. Then show me your skill! As she strove for greater height she reached out to those who had so far announced more than just their names, though she allowed all of those chasing to hear her words.

What will you show me Phasianth? Young and untested, can you match your elders? Best them? And Voroth, what do you find beautiful about me? Could the young bronze show her anything that would catch her eye? Would the elder brown offer her platitudes, or something more genuine? And the rest of you, she brushed her mind against the other males', What do you offer? Why do you chase?

As Moriath sought to climb unto the clouds Kleos tried to keep her mind free of them. What now, what now for her? Should she open her door?... She had allowed herself to fly with Moriath in the past despite having no interest in men under other circumstances, a situation with which she knew many male greenriders could empathise. What was right for her today though? She wasn't yet sure, had little time to decide, and could not afford to seem as though she was at all undecided. A leader was always certain, save in the company of their closest confidants.
โœ‰
^
Igraine
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 10:43 PM

Igraine

Weyrling
a Good and Proper Lady
-- --

Phasianth
#e5a81a

Profile | Plotpage

I'm certain I can, Moriath! Phasianth said this earnestly, pumping his wings hard and drawing himself up. Look, I am young and strong! I can out-fly anyone! He also possessed the brash, youthful confidence of a dragon who knew his own worth.

His wings were powerful, even if he did not have the experience of Voroth or Remith or Taloth. He would not let that trouble, him though--why should they matter to Phasianth? He focused on his own flight and the way he moved thought the air, allowing the currents to power him forward.

I promise I will prove myself to you, Moriath!

A knock on her door startled Igraine from her thoughts and the way they had been flying upward with Phasianth. She went to open in with shaky hands and almost collapsed with relief at the sight of T'ris standing there, waiting for her.

"Oh," she half-moaned, opening her arms to him. "How did you know?" she managed. Seeing T'ris here at her door set something alight inside of her, a building heat and lust that Igraine maybe didn't understand. It was still all so new, even if she'd spent the last flight Phasianth had participated in with him.

"Please come in," she added belatedly. "Please--I mean--I'm glad you're here. I--" She shivered slightly. "I would really like for you to come in."
โœ‰
^
R'sol
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 05:56 PM

R'sol

Brownrider
Assistant weyrlingmaster
-- --

Voroth
#8b4513

Profile | Plotpage

Moriath's question took him by surprise but Voroth was ready. Your strength, he said at once, beating his wings steadily as he flew after the green. You are a strong leader and a strong green, and that is beautiful to me. Moriath, I could tell you all that I find beautiful about you, if you would give me the chance! Why tell her everything he liked about her all at once, after all?

Through all of this R'sol had been moving, walking and climbing stairs, headed in the direction of Kleos's weyr. He didn't know the Weyrleader overly much - he'd spoken with her a time or two, but that had always been about matters of business. That unfamiliarity with her helped him decide to seek her out. He wasn't intimidated by her status as Weyrleader, and he didn't know if she had company already or would even entertain the idea of having any of his "competition" but...

Well, for once he wanted to see.

And as such he found himself standing outside of Kleos's weyr, waiting to see what she would do.
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
G'oain
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 01:02 PM

G'oain

Brownrider
Delta Wingleader
Journeyman Healer

Taloth
#53251b

Profile | Plotpage

Taloth hummed deep in his chest at the excitement of the flight. He was a serious dragon, rarely prone to exultation, but what was more wonderful than the chase of a worthy green? Threadfighting, but that was far, far from the ruddy brown dragon's mind.

Moriath I offer you my hearts! Wells of affection deeper and more beautiful than the most prized desert oasis wait if you choose me! The brown twirled, his tail twirling behind him, his mind reaching out amorously to the green. He was strong and swift, but he would not brag about such things, no. He would show her himself, promise her the beauty of their union!

G'oain had finally reached the lower weyrs. He hesitated, not yet seeing other suitors. It would be unwise to present himself if his Weyrleader had chosen a partner previously... but he could tell through Taloth that it was not yet so. Slowly, but with his usual amount of confidence G'oain stepped the few remaining steps toward the door to Kleos' weyr and spotted R'sol. He nodded toward the man and paused. If R'sol was not let in, perhaps Kleos did not want a partner?

Quietly to himself, G'oain sighed. He felt taught and passionate, a rare enough feeling for him. He knew he would find a willing partner among the women of the caverns easily enough, but it was always so much better with someone involved in the flight. He wondered about the other suitors and who their riders might be, but Taloth's mind was not on them, it was focused entirely on the green that commanded him, drew him forward.
โœ‰
^
Kleos
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 01:49 PM

Kleos

Greenrider
Weyrleader
-- --

Moriath
#6B8E23

Profile | Plotpage

The answers she received seemed to please the tough green, for she sent each male who soared in pursuit of her a feeling of approval. Then let us see if you can keep pace with me, she declared and with that she dropped into a steep dive down towards the mesa top, weaving and turning as she went to make her course more difficult to follow.

Down below Kleos decided that it was time to deal with her own suitors, before the flight went any further. She had removed her vest and loosened her cuffs as she sat writing, and she rectified these imperfections as she headed for the door.

Confidence, certainty.

She opened the door and stepped into the threshold, heart beating fast but hands held neatly behind her back at drill-rest and lips set into a neutral line. There was no help for the heat in her gaze but the men before her were likewise affected, surely she could not be judged for it? "Gentlemen," she began in clipped tones with a slight incline of her head to her suitors. "We all have a lot on our minds, so I will be brief. Moriath's choice today will not affect mine, but I felt it would be discourteous to simply leave you standing before my door. If you seek company for the flight I am sure you will find it in the flight rooms." Although she had stated her intent she didn't go back inside quite yet, no, she wanted those who had sought her out to be the first to withdraw.
โœ‰
^
G'oain
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 01:08 PM

G'oain

Brownrider
Delta Wingleader
Journeyman Healer

Taloth
#53251b

Profile | Plotpage

If that is what it takes, keep the pace I shall! Taloth cried and dove after Moriath, careful to stay straight and true and not twist himself around trying to follow her directly.

The door was open and G'oain made certain his shoulders were back and straight. Seeing Kleos did not give him the rush he expected; she was still merely his Weyrleader, and though Taloth's passion flowed in his veins G'oain thought that perhaps he would need more encouragement. When that encouragement did not come, G'oain did not hesitate.

He nodded almost imperceptibly as the desires of his Weyrleader were made clear and the Wingleader turned without word. Immediately, he made for the flight rooms. There would be no arguing with her over this, nor would he pressure her to do anything she did not desire. Distantly, G'oain thought it was a smart move, similar to Satya's last flight too, and even Deniah's. The women of Sirocco, at least the leadership, seemed to not fall particularly in line with flight tradition, though admirable, it was annoying. Hopefully, he would have better luck seeking someone else.
โœ‰
^
Igraine
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 11:45 PM

Igraine

Weyrling
a Good and Proper Lady
-- --

Phasianth
#e5a81a

Profile | Plotpage

I could fly for days, Phasianth cried, pumping his wings still harder. He was young and strong! He could out fly any old dragon, no matter the size or color. He wouldn't let Taloth beat him!

And there was a part of him that wanted very much to impress Moriath, too--something beyond the flight-lust. She was his Weyrleader, and though Phasianth was not the bravest of dragons, he wanted to do right by her still.

I will fly high and far and long for you, Moriath, he said, his voice a bright flame, and all youthful enthusiasm.

On the ground, Igraine gasped again, the heat filling her mind and her veins. For a moment, she was Phasianth, one with him as he soared after Moriath. She wanted desperately to be in T'ris's arms just then, and forced her mind back to her weyr, and to T'ris in her doorway.

When she looked up at him, it was with a desperate expression.
โœ‰
^
R'sol
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 09:16 AM

R'sol

Brownrider
Assistant weyrlingmaster
-- --

Voroth
#8b4513

Profile | Plotpage

I will keep pace with you no matter what, Voroth declared. He watched Moriath dive down, watched Taloth and Phasianth dive after her. The brown dove as well, but perhaps not as steeply, and he kept his eyes and attention on Moriath. She would eventually pull out of that dive, and when she did, he would have more altitude than the other chasers and would not have to waste nearly as much energy as the rest of them in banking back upwards.

Rโ€™sol fought off a wave of lust from Voroth so he could hear and understand what Kleos was saying. The Weyrleader was not interested in their company - he could understand that. So he inclined his head to her respectfully and then moved away. This was not a flight that he wanted to spend by himself, so hopefully he would find some other company for the evening.
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Kleos
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 11:54 AM

Kleos

Greenrider
Weyrleader
-- --

Moriath
#6B8E23

Profile | Plotpage

As the corridor cleared Kleos turned quickly, closed her door and leaned back against it with her eyes closed and her heart pounding. Shards that had felt too close - too close to giving in and accepting one of the men, an act she would certainly have regretted later on. But another idea was in her mind now, she might regret this too and yet she still approached her desk once more. Quill, ink, a scrap of hide - a quickly penned note in a neat hand. Arrow took it from her but she wasn't sure if the green would deliver it safely, jumbled and racing as her thoughts were.

The small firelizard vanished, and moments later appeared again in the air before Tess to deliver the brief missive.

Tess. If you were to come to my weyr via my ledge you would find my door open.

Closer, closer, and closer to the mesa - Moriath showed no sign of pulling up. Perhaps less than a dragonlength from the roof of the main beast shelter however she straightened her course and let out an exultant cry as the beasts in their pens scattered and the people atop the mesa stared. On she flew, shooting out over the edge of the mesa straight and true before starting to climb again, seeking height driven on by instinct.

With another cry she twisted in the air once to observe her suitors before striving onward once more. You are all strong and beautiful, chase the clouds with me now! She was beginning to tire and ready to choose but with such a fine display from those in pursuit it would be a hard task! A pity she couldn't fly with all of them.
โœ‰
^
T'ris
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 11:32 PM

T'ris

Weyrling
N/A
-- --

Colibrith
#259d72

Profile | Plotpage

The door swung open and Igraine stood before him, looking for all the world like she could barely contain herself as Phasianth flew after Moriath, and any hesitation he might've had before melted away completely in the face of her loveliness.

Her gasp pulled him out of his appreciative thoughts, and he wasted not another moment before he stepped forward through the doorway, one hand reaching for her waist and the other cupping her cheek as he moved in to kiss her soft lips.

"I'm glad I'm here too," he whispered a moment after he broke the kiss, pulling her closer to him as he stepped inside her weyr. How wonderful would it be if Phasianth won the flight? Igraine had experienced flightlust but not her own dragon winning a flight, and T'ris couldn't help but want to be there with her when it happened.
โœ‰
^
J'ska
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 12:59 AM

J'ska

Bluerider
N/A
-- --

Remith
#6A0CFB

Profile | Plotpage

Show her their skill; she asked, and Remith obeyed. As she dove down he followed after her without hesitation, although he didn't follow each twist and turn she made. The steepness and length of her dive began to trouble him, and so he angled his wings and swept back upwards even as Moriath dove further...

...and then pulled back up to send the startled herdbeasts scattering about their pens. She was a beautiful sight to behold, confidence and boldness, and he crooned as he sent her a quiet feeling of appreciation tinged with admiration. What could he accomplish if he were as bold as she?

As she swept back up and climbed ever higher Remith soared up after her, his hearts yearning and eyes whirling reddish-purple. Others had more experience than he did, were more confident than he was, but, I will chase the clouds with you as long as you wish it Moriath.
โœ‰
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Dear guests and new members: Cbox is to the right!
We also have a dedicated Slack channel - to join it, please PM Badgerigar your Email Address.

'Sirocco' based on Alpha 2.0 by gunblaza. Coded by Capricorn for Sirocco Weyr
Forum Topsites, Rankings & Listings. Please Click to Vote Here!
Pernese Online Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons
Online Communities
RPG-D Ruby Wings ListingsNerd ListingsRPG Initiative
Affiliates
Southern Winds Weyr Fortune Favors the Brave