Tarok

Holdfolk
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Prongs

Land. Dry, lush, next-to-water-but-not-on-the-water land. Tarok had never been so happy to see something that stood still in his entire life. It took every ounce of willpower he had to gather their belongings before he hurried Muhin off the ship and onto the dock. Of course, after so long at sea, the instant his legs hit steady ground they wobbled on him. "Hnnng," he muttered, flailing his arms a bit and grabbing at Muhin's arm for support.

"No more boat trips," he announced, looking distinctly green around the gills. If he was ever asked Tarok would assert that he had thrown up everything but his memories on the journey south, and then some besides. "If we have to go back to the north we'll sweet talk a dragonrider into giving us a ride." That was easier said than done of course but he was sure he'd think of a plan once they got to that particular bridge.

Flopping down onto the dock boards wouldn't be any good - they'd be trampled within two seconds - so Tarok moved and pushed through the crowd of people until they found a quiet, empty patch of beach. He flung himself onto the ground and pressed a big, smacking kiss to the sand. "Pffffft," he sounded, wiping frantically at his lips to get all the grainy stuff off his face. Great, just great. Now he'd be coughing up sand for the rest of his life!

"Muhin. I'm going to perish on this beach. Bury me with my marks and tell everyone I died rich as a Lord Holder," he groaned, rolling himself onto his back dramatically.
📧
^
Muhin
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 04:20 PM

Muhin

Holdfolk
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Tawny

Land! They had just sailed into one of the largest natural caverns Muhin had ever seen, and he gazed around with undisguised wonder as the ship was guided gently up to the dock and moored there securely. With his bag of worldly possessions slung over his shoulder Muhin followed after Tarok in a daze with a wide grin lighting up his face. "Look at this place!" he hissed, wobbling a bit as they stepped onto the steady dock but not quite as much as poor Tarok - the trip had not be kind to his partner (in crime, etc.) at all.

"No more boat trips," Muhin agreed as they headed away from the bustle docks towards a deserted patch of beach - the trip had been novel at first but he'd soon got tired of being cooped up, and nobody had let him climb the rigging. "I would like to try flying," he continued brightly, and then stopped to laugh mid thought as Tarok flung himself down in the sand. "But maybe not just yet," he concluded, dumping his bag and flopping down beside him with his chin propped on his hand, elbow resting on the ground.

"Ahh, I promise," he said with a sigh, scooping up a handful of sand and sprinkling it over Tarok's chest with a grin that belied his sigh. "We will remember you as Tarok, who was as rich in marks as he was in charm and was gone from this world too soon. Won't we Trixie?"

The small green firelizard who had followed them off the boat rolled around in the sand and ignored them completely.
^
Tarok
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 05:06 PM

Tarok

Holdfolk
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

It both irked him and made him happy that Muhin had managed to keep his good humor - and his breakfast - during the voyage. Both of them being miserable for the whole journey would have been unspeakably horrible. "See? The 'lizard is just as happy to be off the stupid boat as I am," Tarok said, ignoring the sand on his chest for a moment so he could point at Trixie.

Back to the sand. Tarok reached up and batted Muhin's hand away from him, managing to brush the pad of his thumb against the palm of Muhin's hand as he did so. That little sleight-of-hand attention made Tarok itch. The necessity and habitualness of it made him itch more. They'd been trapped on that sharding boat and unable to show any open affection for so long that Tarok was rather certain he was going to go crazy from it. He didn't want Muhin to dump sand on his chest - he wanted a cuddle and a long bath, preferably both at the same time.

Those would have to wait, unfortunately, though hopefully not too long. "Well there's a Weyr down here, yeah? Maybe we can Impress dragons, and then we won't have to worry about transportation ever again," he said, grinning in a way that always signaled the wheels of his mind were turning.

Those wheels turned for about five seconds before he snorted at the sheer absurdity of the idea. Nah. Impressing meant sharing, and neither of them were very good at that. Besides, dragonriders had to do noble things like save the planet and neither of them were good at being altruistic either. "What are the odds of us convincing someone to erect us a shelter right here on this beach so that we don't have to move?"
📧
^
Muhin
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 04:36 PM

Muhin

Holdfolk
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

They always had to be careful around other people, it had almost seemed exciting to Muhin at first but after - how many turns? After many turns it had worn seriously thin but there was no alternative and so they had to make the best of it; Muhin grinned at the brush of Tarok's thumb over his palm and sprinkled more sand on him. "Off the boat and in the south, at last!" he pointed out, gesturing at their surroundings with his sandy hand as he sat upright, and perhaps in doing so shuffled just slightly closer to Tarok.

"We'd be able to skip from Hold to Hold as we pleased, if we had dragons," he continued with a waggle of his expressive eyebrows. "Just think of it! As free as firelizards, always at the best parties and enjoying the best weather." The reality of Impressing a dragon was very different of course but that was no fun to think about.

When Tarok snorted Muhin chuckled in response and brushed some of the sand off Tarok's chest. "Well we could try to find somebody to do that," he suggested in slow tones that suggested he had a better idea. "Or, we could get up and find somewhere to get a decent drink and some real food! Something with flavour, that doesn't threaten to break your teeth." Not that Tarok had been eating very much on the voyage in any case or at least he hadn't kept a lot of it down; a good meal and a comfortable bed was what he needed, preferably a bath too, and Muhin rather fancied all of those for himself too.
^
Tarok
 Posted: Jun 12 2018, 05:29 PM

Tarok

Holdfolk
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

“All while chained to a Weyr, forced to follow a Weyrleader or do a Weyrwoman’s bidding,” Tarok pointed out, ever the pragmatist. “I like our way of traveling better anyway. Where’s the fun in being able to be at another place instantaneously?” Some of their best adventures had happened while they were enroute from one place to another! Besides, how would they rack up more stories of daring escapes from all of the scrapes they got into if they could just hop onto a dragon and disappear?

Muhin had to go and mention getting up, and Tarok groaned theatrically. “You want me to get up off this nice, comfy, gritty stretch of sand and try to walk again?” He asked, rubbing at his face. A drink did sound good and, now that they weren’t on a heaving ship, so did food. “Alright, alright,” he grumbled.

Of course, getting up on his still wobbly legs was a wonderful excuse to lean on Muhin and the like. Tarok managed to press a kiss to the other man’s cheek and give him a minute hug all while making it look like he was trying to regain his balance. Acting natural while being sneaky was a talent he had long ago mastered.

“Do you still have the map?” He asked quietly, frowning slightly at Muhin. There weren’t any other people around them but you didn’t survive as long as they had living the way they did without being cautious all the time, and it simply wouldn’t do to be overheard. “We can’t mention the map or the plant or what have you at all yet, ok? Not one word about it until we get the lay of the land.”
📧
^
Muhin
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 01:51 PM

Muhin

Holdfolk
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

"True, true, I never did like being ordered around," Muhin agreed with a grin as he helped Tarok up and bumped against him completely by accident just in time to receive a clandestine kiss on the cheek. "Not to mention,I've heard it's terribly cold between, I don't think I would like it," he continued as though nothing had happened.

When Taroko asked if he still had the map Muhin laughed first and then assumed an air of mock affront. "Do you really think I would lose it? I am shocked and hurt by your low opinion of me, shocked I tell you." As he went on through the second sentence Muhin started to grin again and stooped to tap the side of his pack. "Safe in here in its scroll case, and yes yes I know Tarok you did tell me! My lips," he pressed them together with his thumb and forefinger and regarded Tarok playfully as he concluded; " 're 'utt'nd."
^
Tarok
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 05:18 PM

Tarok

Holdfolk
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Tarok couldn’t help but grin at Muhin over his comment about the cold. Both of them had lived in cold climates - Bitra wasn’t exactly a tropical paradise - but at the same time... “I agree,” he said, giving a mock shudder. “Besides, have you heard all the stories about getting lost between? I’m all for a good trip but I prefer to come back every time I go away,” he said, brushing at the grains of sand that were still on his chest.

“Low opinion?” Tarok widened his eyes and shook his head. “Nothing could be farther from the truth, my dear friend! I simply know that sometimes things that should be in our possession are suddenly found to not be in our possession when we go looking for them.” He arched his eyebrows at Muhin and grinned slightly. Add to that the fact that Tarok himself had been in no state to check their belongings during or after the trip and, well, he was a bit paranoid.

He laughed at Muhin’s theatrics and reached out to grasp the other man’s shoulder. “Well if you stay like that while we go in search of food we might get some sympathy points,” he said, his expression going thoughtful.
📧
^
Muhin
 Posted: Jun 18 2018, 05:00 PM

Muhin

Holdfolk
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

"So do I," Muhin grinned and shoved Tarok playfully away from him, "I like to come back with you, my friend." Always, every time! He was quick to get bored of nearly everything in life, nearly everything other than Tarok. Where would he be without him? Somewhere much less fun, that was certain.

"And should anything ever have gone missing I'm sure it probably wasn't my fault, at least not more than fifty percent," Muhin continued seriously, wagging a finger at Tarok as he shouldered his pack casually and then picked up his lute case with rather more care. "Let's go that way!" he continued, pointing impulsively back up towards the docks - there would be plenty of places up there where the sailors ate and drank and while the beer or wine might not be the best ever brewed there was sure to be good fresh seafood to eat.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Add Reply Fast Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Dear guests and new members: Cbox is to the right!
We also have Discord Chat - To join, please click here.

'Sirocco' based on Alpha 2.0 by gunblaza. Coded by Capricorn for Sirocco Weyr
Forum Topsites, Rankings & Listings. Please Click to Vote Here!
TopRPSites RPGfix Pernese Online Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons
Online Communities
Pernese Online Caution to the Wind roleplay ads RPG-D RPGfix RPG Initiative
Affiliates
Southern Winds Weyr Fortune Favors the Brave