Tansy

Bluerider
Resident Plant Lady
Journeywoman Healer

Sitath
#4C6DD6

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Otterly

The sun was low in the sky and Tansy leaned against Sitath to watch it set. They were on the ledge, overlooking the vast desert, and she enjoyed this quiet time. Sitath rumbled lowly beside her, and she held Sage carefully in her lap.

Terath's rider will be here to visit soon, he said sleepily, and Tansy turned to smile at him.

"I'd best get up then," she said, though it took her a moment to heave herself up. She wasn't showing overly much yet, but she felt more cumbersome all the same, like her balance was beginning to shift. It would be more in the coming weeks.

Tansy rubbed her belly absently, padding into their weyr in search of T'len, Sage draped over her shoulders. As she walked she felt a fluttering in her belly, and she couldn't help the glowing smile that spread across her face. "Ah, T'len," she said, laughing, "I think I'm beginning to feel the babe moving. Mama said I might soon."

It was too small to feel from the outside, but she was exultant all the same, and she opened her arms to drag T'len into a hug.

"Sitath tells me that C'iel and Terath should be here soon," she added when she pulled away. "So I wanted to put the kettle onto the hearth. And maybe we could lay out the sweetrolls." Tansy rubbed her belly again and grinned up at T'len. "The baby is very hungry, you see."

Then all they'd have to do was wait for their friend to arrive.
^
T'len
 Posted: Jan 1 2018, 05:58 PM

T'len

Brownrider
Delta Wingthird | Harper at Heart
-- --

Tevith
#8B4513

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Tawny

C'iel Tansy

"Really?" T'len turned from the platter of fruit he'd been fussing with with a brilliant grin and hastened over to Tansy to pull her into a close embrace. "I can't believe it! Well, I can, but it still feels so new! Shells, I can hardly wait until I can feel it too." The last few weeks had been something of a giddy blur, now that the pain of scoring was near forgotten all that was left was the joy, and the mild panic of impending parenthood but he was assured by his own that this was perfectly normal.

"And my darling I pre-empt your whim and need!" T'len continued, turning half away so that he had just one arm around Tansy and gesturing to their small hearth where a kettle hung and then to the table where there was a platter of sweetrolls, one of fruit, and another of cheeses with a small round loaf of pure white wheat-flour bread on a board. Grinning again he leant down to kiss Tansy briefly on the lips. "Baby definitely needs feeding."
^
C'iel
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 08:12 PM

C'iel

Brownrider
N/A
-- --

Terath
#5a3a24

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Heijale

Keep them waiting for much longer, and they'll stop inviting you to do things.

C'iel smirked and shot Terath a look as he over tightened one of the straps. The brown grumbled low and flicked his tail at his rider, narrowly missing the man. "Oho! Feeling feisty today, are we? Well, well. That's a pleasant surprise indeed!" The redhead loved it when his dragon was in one of his rare feistier moods. For the brown to be in dry humor was normal; for him to be outright playful was not a common occurrence, and C'iel enjoyed it immensely.

Once they were strapped in and on their way, the man finally let his mind wander. He wondered why it was that his friends had called them over. Not that it was suspicious. But he was an inquisitive man and still he wondered.

Sitath! Terath bugled as he flew to the ledge that the blue was on. He landed gingerly beside the blue and hunkered down, allowing C'iel to slide down from his neck. He gave the brown a gentle slap and wandered towards the living quarters that were connected to the ledge.

"Helloooo," he called as he wandered in. He wasn't at all concerned about just wandering into his friends' weyr; for the most part, they all had an open door policy with each other. Sitath would have warned Terath against C'iel coming in in this manner if he hadn't be welcomed to.

T'len Tansy
^
Tansy
 Posted: Jan 5 2018, 03:48 PM

Tansy

Bluerider
Resident Plant Lady
Journeywoman Healer

Sitath
#4C6DD6

Profile | Plotpage

Sitath bugled a greeting to Terath, shifting over to make room on the ledge for him. How are you today, Terath? It's a good day for a visit! His voice was good-natured, and his eyes were whirling pleasantly. He enjoyed having visitors, and he knew that Tansy and T'len both were looking forward to spending the day with C'iel

Tansy leaned against T'len, pleased by his reaction. "Soon, I think. Only a couple more weeks till you'll be able to," she promised. She felt the fluttering again as T'len spoke and had the fanciful notion that perhaps the baby could hear him. Tansy liked the thought of that.

The arrival of C'iel drew her attention away, and her grin widened. "C'iel! Glad you've come!" She moved forward to give his hand a friendly clasp. "Would you like something to drink? The kettle's on, if you'd like tea. And T'len has laid out food." She grinned up at T'len and then turned back to C'iel.

It was wonderful to spend time with friends, and she enjoyed C'iel's company. She knew T'len was gratified to have him around, too, and she was glad for that.

"Come and sit," she added, settling into one of the chairs at the table and absently rubbing her belly. The fluttering had started up again, perhaps caught in Tansy's own pleasure and excitement. How much more wonderful would it be when the baby was actually here!

"Now, how've you been? And I hope that all is well with Terath too!"
^
T'len
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 03:33 PM

T'len

Brownrider
-- --

Tevith
#8B4513

Profile | Plotpage

In order to make room for a second very big brown Tevith had settled himself inside the living cavern he and Sitath shared, but when Terath landed he poked his head out and warbled a bass greeting. Hello, welcome! Always good to see you.

"Hello hello!" T'len replied, turning to greet C'iel with a broad smile with one arm still around Tansy's waist. "You have excellent timing, Tansy and I were just about to eat the lot without you," he winked and gave Tansy a squeeze before releasing her and heading over to get cups for their drinks.
^
C'iel
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 12:32 PM

C'iel

Brownrider
N/A
-- --

Terath
#5a3a24

Profile | Plotpage

Terath crooned at both Sitath and Tevith as he made himself comfortable on the ledge. He was a rather large dragon, but he made an attempt at making himself smaller so as to allow the other brown to join them as much as was possible. He enjoyed both of their company, as much as his rider enjoyed the company of their riders, and he didn't wish to make Tevith feel as if he was being excluded.

How are you both? I hope C'iel and I are finding you and Yours well, he rumbled pleasantly.

C'iel, meanwhile, had taken Tansy's hand in greeting and given it a gentle squeeze, nodding as she spoke. Tea and food sounded wonderful to him. He wasn't a big man, by any stretch of the imagination, but he certainly had the appetite of one. Even if he'd just eaten before he'd left his own Weyr, he was all for more food if it were offered to him, as it had been by his friends.

"Haha," he joked with T'len as he took the seat that Tansy had offered. "You say that as if you don't know that I wouldn't fight you for the last helping of a good, weyr-cooked meal." He would, of course. But he would also let the homeowner have the last helping. Usually.

He had made himself comfortable and was about to ask them about themselves when Pip popped in from between right in front of his face, screeching like she was being chased by wild felines. Oh yes. She is upset that you left her behind, Terath told him nonchalantly. Thanks for the warning...

"All right, all right. I'm sorry. I'll wake you next time I leave the weyr," he told her gently. She gave him one more shrill screech before folding her wings and nearly divebombing his lap. The drama over, the little green was just as content to continue being her usual lazy self in his lap.

"Sheeeeeeeesh," he grimaced, sending his friends an apologetic grin. "Worse than even the worst behaved Weyrling sometimes, I swear. Anyway, I've been well! Not much has been going on with Terath and I, him being a creature of habit and all. How about yourselves? What's been new with you guys?"
^
Tansy
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 09:44 PM

Tansy

Bluerider
Resident Plant Lady
Journeywoman Healer

Sitath
#4C6DD6

Profile | Plotpage

Sitath was the smallest of the three dragons, and happy to share the ledge with Terath, though he shifted so that there was room for Tevith to join in the conversation. When Tevith poked his head out, though, Sitath couldn't resist giving him an affectionate nuzzle.

We are well! My wing is finally back to its old self, he said, eyes whirling with pleasure. It had been sore and tight for the longest time. Only, I have not done much flying lately. I do not like to leave Tansy's side.

Inside, Tansy squeezed C'iel's hand in return. "I'm sure I could out-eat both of you nowadays," she joked, grinning. "The baby is always hungry!" She was smaller than both men, though she rather thought that she was currently wider.

Tansy settled in the seat next to C'iel's and handed him one of the plates stacked beside their meal. "So you'll both have to fight me for it, and we all know I'll win." She winked jauntily at them.

"Oh! Hello, Pip," she added when the fire lizard appeared. Her own Sage was nearby and trilled in greeting, waddling across the table to visit with her. Tansy wondered briefly where Flute and Lute were before she realized that Sage was about to walk right through the dish of cheese.

She scooped him up and cradled him, even as he grumbled. "It doesn't seem to occur to him that he can't just barge through everything," she said, grinning at T'len and C'iel both.

Tansy's grip on the fire lizard loosened, and Sage took the opportunity to crawl up her shoulders and curl around her neck. "We're all right," she said, turning her mind back to their conversation. "The babe is making itself known," she said, rubbing a hand over her belly. She felt the fluttering again and was certain that she had a silly smile across her face.

"T'len has been running around all over," she added, turning to smile at her weyrmate. "Our families all want to be involved, but Tali is the only one we're able to see regularly."
^
T'len
 Posted: Jan 19 2018, 01:51 PM

T'len

Brownrider
-- --

Tevith
#8B4513

Profile | Plotpage

C'iel Tansy

Very well! Tevith replied with a pleased rumble as he shifted forward so that his shoulders were out of the cavern, his tailtips back in the cavern swaying back and fore contentedly. We are very excited for the baby; I just wish it were coming sooner, we have so much to teach it! T'len had explained that human babies weren't like hatchlings, couldn't do anything very much, but it was a difficult concept for him to get his head around.

"Ah, it's true!" T'len laughed, "Tansy would destroy us all. Fortunately there's enough for all of us." As he spoke he leaned close to the kettle, watching the steam and listening to the bubble of the water - hot enough, and so he covered his hand with a thick cloth and lifted it off the fire. "I've enjoyed the chance to travel," he continued happily as he poured the water into the teapot. "The chance to see my parents so much too, and to get to know Tansy's family. Delta's flying well too, how are things in Beta?" They were three riders down at the moment, though Tansy's absence was for and excellent reason not a sad one! H'win would be joining Delta in the New Turn too, and like all non-permanent members of the wing T'len hoped for his own sake that it wasn't for long! The bluerider deserved a speedy recovery and a return to the wing he was familiar with, and no doubt loved as much as T'len loved Delta.
^
C'iel
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 01:35 PM

C'iel

Brownrider
N/A
-- --

Terath
#5a3a24

Profile | Plotpage

C'iel grinned happily at the pair as he took the plate; not one of his snarky grins, but one of genuine happiness. He was a family man in his own right. It kind of came with the territory when you have so many siblings. He would have liked to be able to start his own family one day, but the chances of that happening were very slim indeed. So the fact that one of his best mates was given the opportunity was good enough for him. He could be downright selfish at times, but for this, he couldn't be happier for the pair.

"I can only imagine you'll be seeing both of your families much more often after the little one is born," he laughed to Tansy. "It's one thing to tell everyone about the babe. It's another thing for the young one to actually be here." He knew, at least as far as we was concerned, that once the child was born, he would be making more time for his friends in his busy schedule.

"We're holding up," he admitted to T'len. "You know how it goes. A little more work on everyone's part for a while, then everything goes back to normal. It's been a while since we've had this many wingmates out, but it's not the worst situation. Not by a long shot." They hadn't lost anyone in the wing to thread this time. He didn't have to say that aloud for the implication to be known. "As long as everyone heals up well, we'll be fine. I won't lie, however. I do often daydream of a nice nap after most of our training exercises these days. Curse the brown terror that keeps me going instead," he grinned.

Terath ignored the jest and instead continued the conversation with Tevith and Sitath. His eyes whirled in greens and blues at the mention of the child. It was common knowledge to those close to the brownpair that the dragon adored children and the thought of there being one so close to his rider was exciting. His own excitement was not a result of his rider's, though it certainly helped to amplify it. Indeed, I hear they are quite helpless when they first arrive. They cannot even walk, if C'iel's memory serves correctly. In reply to the blue, Terath leaned over and touched his nose to the wing in question, crooning softly as he did so.
^
Tansy
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 05:44 PM

Tansy

Bluerider
Resident Plant Lady
Journeywoman Healer

Sitath
#4C6DD6

Profile | Plotpage

Sitath sighed, a little dreamily. It is hard to wait, for our hatchling to arrive. Tansy says that it is still a few months away, and that there will be much for Tevith and I to teach it. You will have to come and visit when it is here, Terath, Sitath added earnestly. He crooned softly and touched his nose briefly to Terath's side.

Tansy laughed too, grinning at C'iel. "Oh, I'm certain you're right. My mama is already making plans to come south to visit. Dear Sage has been going back and forth with messages when T'len can't."

She settled back and sighed softly, a wistful smile on her face. "Faranth, I cannot wait for it to arrive!" She pressed a hand to her belly. "It feels like a dream, imagining the child in my arms, or in T'len's. But in a few months, it will be real!" Tansy knew to be patient, for you could not rush these things, but she wanted her baby now.

"My family's been glad to get to know T'len as well," she added, turning to beam at her weyrmate. "I only wish I could go with him! But Sitath and I'll be grounded for awhile yet."

She was eager to hear more on Beta Wing too, for she missed flying with them. L'kin had been very pleased for her though, and was glad that her absence from the wing was for a happy reason--but they were still down a few riders, and that made things difficult. Tansy bit back a grin. "Sitath's been going a little stir-crazy while we're grounded. Maybe I should send him up to fly with you all, while I watch from the ground!"
^
T'len
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 05:02 PM

T'len

Brownrider
-- --

Tevith
#8B4513

Profile | Plotpage

T'len grinned at C'iel as he set the teapot down on the table and took his seat. "Well you know what they say, no rest for the wicked; Terath recognises that well I'm sure," he teased gently. "We'll soon have H'win and Ilharen back with you though I'm sure." He hoped at least! There was no reason it shouldn't be so, certainly.

"I think my parents are going to ask to transfer down here at this rate," T'len continued with a chuckle and a shake of his head. "I'm not sure if that's even a joke! They're thrilled that their first grandchild is on the way." Still smiling broadly T'len reached for Tansy's hand and gave her fingers a fond squeeze. "I'm sure the months will fly by, but it doesn't feel like it just at the moment!" He wished that they could raise their child properly together but it simply couldn't be, their duty to Pern and their dragons had to come first. They'd be there for the babe though, it would always know how much they adored it.

Or talk! Tevith agreed, his mind radiating puzzlement at the idea. Humans are very strange, it's really no wonder they need us so badly - they would even if there was no Thread! Dragons were sensible, sensibly arranged creatures. Imagine not being able to walk or talk! We shall take good care of it, until it can take care of itself, he concluded happily.
^
C'iel
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 08:35 PM

C'iel

Brownrider
N/A
-- --

Terath
#5a3a24

Profile | Plotpage

He grinned at Tansy. He couldn't imagine how boring it must be to be stuck on the ground, though he was well aware of why she was doing it. All riders knew the risks of pregnant women riding dragons. If the individual didn't want the baby, that was all well and good. However, his friends did want their child, and he wanted them to have it as well. He was very much looking forward to their little one arriving, and for that to happen, she had to be grounded. Sad, but true.

"You just wait. The time is going to fly by soon enough, and you're going to wonder where your little babe went. Mum always said that time seemed fluid when it came to her children, so while it may seem to be creeping by now, soon enough, it'll fly!"

He gave T'len a grin. "I hope they do make the move over! It'll be good to see them again. I can't imagine they've forgotten some of the trouble we brought their way after you Impressed. Though I'm sure they'll be relieved to hear that there won't be as much trouble making now." He hadn't been as incredibly close to his family as some friends were, but they certainly knew of him. And his family knew of T'len. His mother, the last time he'd visited her at High Reaches, had even inquired into the health of that "nice, good-looking rider that was keeping him under control". He was rather excited to to tell the family about Tansy and T'len's good news.

C'iel chuckled at Tansy before replying. "Perhaps you can command him from the ground and he can still fight in the wing in the air with us," he joked.

Terath crooned happily at Sitath's invitation. The brown adored children and would happily come and spend time with the human hatchling when it came. There is no reason I could think of not to see the young one. It will have to get used to our kind, afterall. I cannot see a hatchling coming from either of Yours not Impressing one day as well. There will be much to teach it. He knew from his rider's memories of his siblings just how feeble young humans were. Yes, the child would most definitely need the help of all the dragons it could get.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Dear guests and new members: Cbox is to the right!
We also have a dedicated Slack channel - to join it, please PM Badgerigar your Email Address.

'Sirocco' based on Alpha 2.0 by gunblaza. Coded by Capricorn for Sirocco Weyr
Forum Topsites, Rankings & Listings. Please Click to Vote Here!
Pernese Online Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons
Online Communities
RPG-D Ruby Wings ListingsNerd ListingsRPG Initiative
Affiliates
Southern Winds Weyr Fortune Favors the Brave