Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Welcome Chat
squidface
 Posted: Feb 7 2016, 05:02 PM

squidface

Member+
Lurker of the deep
Master Fisher

Depth

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Cthulu

I just thought I'd post a little welcome thread, so we can say a bit about ourselves, our previous experience writing, what we like to write about, that sort of thing!

So I'm Squid, I'm doing an English degree, so writing and reading is a big part of my life. This is my second Pern roleplay but probably my first serious one. I've been on LOADS of different roleplay genres in the past, but haven't had the time in the last few years for anything too serious.

I like to write all sorts - I really like plots with a good twist (who doesn't?) and those which really get into the emotions and psyche of a character, especially putting them under pressure or creating good character development.

I'm usually on once a day, I have quite a busy life with work, uni and social commitments. But hoping to make Sirocco part of my daily routine too (:

--------------------
[dohtml]<a href="http://www.languageisavirus.com/nanowrimo/word-meter.html" target="_blank" title="NaNoWriMo writing toys games & gadgets"><div style="width:200px;height:15px;background:#FFFFFF;border:1px solid #000000;"><div style="width:0%;height:15px;background:#eaa82f;font-size:8px;line-height:8px;"><br></div></div></a>0 / 800000 words. 0% done![/dohtml]
โœ‰
^
nox
 Posted: Feb 7 2016, 05:08 PM

nox

N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: N/A

I'm Nox. I was putting up ads for my site when I stumbled across this place. I started reading into it and got interested, so I joined.

Been playing for years and years, since MSN groups were a thing.

I'm super curious about that adoptable clutch >.> Its hard for me to not just take ALL THE BABIES XD
โœ‰
^
Capricorn
 Posted: Feb 7 2016, 05:28 PM

Capricorn

Root Admin
The Goatiest Fish
Master Beaster

Mulloidichth
#3964C3

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: A Literate Caprine

Glad to have you here, Nox - a very warm welcome and thank you for joining us http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif I look forward to writing with you!

And yes, haha - I thought I'd try something a bit different with the adoptables. It's basically a dragon lucky dip.
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Fellis
 Posted: Feb 9 2016, 10:22 AM

Fellis

Bookstore Dweller
Journeywoman Harper

The TARDIS

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Fellis

Hey, I'm Fellis! This site looks neat, I like that the plot is more free-form than some places without a huge backstory. I'm also really excited about Threadfall. I've been RPing for a long time, mostly on Pern games.

I work full time as a researcher so I'm mostly online Wednesdays, Fridays (I work from home those days) and weekends.

I'm eyeing those adoptables myself, and will probably make a candidate as well.
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Capricorn
 Posted: Feb 9 2016, 10:36 AM

Capricorn

Root Admin
The Goatiest Fish
Master Beaster

Mulloidichth
#3964C3

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: A Literate Caprine

Hi Fellis - a very warm welcome to you too. Thanks for the vote of confidence for things being more free form - I'm hoping this way people will be encouraged to write the stories *they* want to write without being too bogged down in the setting. Plus, it means we're all contributing to the Weyr's history and canon.

What is your area of research? I work full-time in a music shop myself (in the business of piano servicing, restoration and tuning), but typically have Sundays to myself (that's when I'll be hatching all the nefarious plans for this place >>)

I'm looking forward to writing with you, and can't wait to see which of the adoptables you snag!
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Fellis
 Posted: Feb 9 2016, 12:20 PM

Fellis

Bookstore Dweller
Journeywoman Harper

The TARDIS

Profile | Plotpage

Working in a music store sounds fun! I do government policy research. Which is...not so fun but can get interesting sometimes.
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Tig
 Posted: Feb 9 2016, 02:08 PM

Tig

N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Hi all! -hugs Nox & Fellis- I'm Tig, and I love to write. I'm going to school to earn my second bachelor's degree full-time, and it's all online, so I look for good RP sites to help me take the occasional study break. I'm 27 years old, happily married and live in Texas. I love my golden retriever puppy, and I love to sing, especially with my church's praise band. <3 Looking forward to RPing with you all!
โœ‰
^
Kaz
 Posted: Feb 9 2016, 02:26 PM

Kaz

N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Well hihihi. I recognise a few faces here ;)

I'm Kaz, I run New Benden Weyr but like to have places to rp in as a member. I'm older than most of you I expect. A grandma, living IN Tennessee, originally from the UK. I work from home which is awesome. I have a degree in Costume design and making but havent been able to use it much over here.

I love writing, sewing and cuddling up with my two doggies called Molly and Rascal.
โœ‰
^
nox
 Posted: Feb 9 2016, 04:31 PM

nox

N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Nice to see everyone :D I really like how this site is set up, so I hope we can all have fun :D
โœ‰
^
squidface
 Posted: Feb 10 2016, 05:39 AM

squidface

Member+
Lurker of the deep
Master Fisher

Depth

Profile | Plotpage

It's awesome most of us have dogs (:! I have two Rotties and a Jack Russell - Bruce, Bentley and Pip.
Nice to see some new faces! I guess some of you must be avid Pern rpers if you know each other (;
โœ‰
^
otterly
 Posted: Feb 17 2016, 01:24 AM

otterly

Member+
Yells at Hockey Players
Journeywoman --

Lontrath

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: shh it's a secret

Hello!! I'm Otterly, and I've been looking for a Pern RP site for what feels like ages, especially one that sticks to canon dragon colors! I stumbled upon Sirocco in the Pern tag over on Tumblr, and when I had a look around it seemed like such a good fit! I am a little intimidated by the big Pern RP sites, to be honest, and I like the idea of being able to know everyone here.

I've just finished my masters degree in library and information science (with a focus on archives!) so I'm currently in the process of sorting through job applications, and as such have been looking for something fun to occupy my time in between. I love writing, although my RP experience has mostly been over Skype. I'm also an avid fan of ice hockey and calico cats, and I am from New Jersey where, in the span of a couple days, it's gone from below freezing and snowy to (relatively) warm and rainy. I've been going slightly stir crazy!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to writing with all of you!
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Flapjack
 Posted: Feb 17 2016, 09:30 PM

Flapjack

N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Hi everyone!! I'm Flapjack and was invited by Squid from RPG directory. I'm shameful in the fact that I have not yet read the series, but I will be getting on that soon!!

I am a licensed secondary education teacher with a Masters of Teaching in Secondary, but I am currently getting another Masters in Library Science (you rock Otterly!) I also have a calico cat named Phoebe (man Otterly, we are so alike! Are you sure we aren't the same person!?)

I have a daughter that I adore and love most of all, but in my free time I am a reading fanatic and am obsessed with goodreads. I love dragons and while I haven't read the series, it is on my list to read and love the fact that I can play a dragon here :)

I have been rping for over 15 years and I belong and moderate a Dragon Age site, but also love to rp fantasy and certain fandoms.

PS: Squid, I have two jack russells as well, and a BA in English :)
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
otterly
 Posted: Feb 17 2016, 10:01 PM

otterly

Member+
Yells at Hockey Players
Journeywoman --

Lontrath

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: shh it's a secret

Hah, we really are similar, Flapjack! No children for me, but I have to admit: my BA is also in English!

My own calico's name is Rosie and our other cat, Maggie, is a tabby. They're a mother-daughter pair we adopted a few years ago (Maggie's the mama.) I'm pretty sure Rosie's the boss of the house.
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Flapjack
 Posted: Feb 17 2016, 10:50 PM

Flapjack

N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

That's so sweet!! My Phoebe is the only cat I have, she'll be 12 in April and has really mellowed out in her old age.
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
squidface
 Posted: Feb 18 2016, 02:19 PM

squidface

Member+
Lurker of the deep
Master Fisher

Depth

Profile | Plotpage

Humanities degrees ftw!!
I am so glad you decided to join! My sales pitch must have been good (;
โœ‰
^
Kestrel
 Posted: Feb 18 2016, 02:37 PM

Kestrel

Member+
N/A
-- --

Hawkmoth
#7b0d62

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Kestrel

Hey! I'm Kestrel. I graduated with a Masters in creative writing a while ago, and now I'm working as a freelance journalist and conservation writer for an organization here in the US. I'm on at strange times, because I tend to work at home and I love not staring at my work sometimes.

I've been RPing Pern for far, far longer than I'd like to admit, though it's been a few years now. I'm excited to join a new Weyr and help launch this place off the ground.

--------------------
โœ‰
^
Fellis
 Posted: Feb 20 2016, 04:40 PM

Fellis

Bookstore Dweller
Journeywoman Harper

The TARDIS

Profile | Plotpage

Flapjack and Otterly, I also have a Masters in Library Science! Can't believe there are 3 of us here. :P
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Flapjack
 Posted: Feb 20 2016, 10:37 PM

Flapjack

N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

That is amazing!!! I've never known so many people with the interest!
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Chimerical Beast
 Posted: Feb 25 2016, 10:37 AM

Chimerical Beast

Member+
Helpful Monster
Master Harper

Myth

Profile | Plotpage

Played by:

Hello, I'm Chimerical Beast. You can call me pretty much whatever you want, though Beast is most common. I'm an androgyne, and I just go with whatever pronouns someone throws at me. I'm 23, I graduated from college with a BA in English roughly ten months ago, and I am unemployed *jazz hands*! Buuut I'm also working on a kid-lit manuscript (9/25+ chapter done)!

I live in EST, and my hours are erratic, but I tend to respond ASAP. I started roleplaying when I was 11 or 12? Started on Neopets, moved to Gaia Online. Been away from it for a bit. I read the first Pern novel in high school, and I loved the dragons!

I have two cats (feral kittens rescued and adopted) one is 8ish, and the other is 1 1/2. Then there's my snake, who's a corn and about 7-8 months old.

Sometimes, I might have to go away for a while when my headspace needs tending to. I'm an autistic introvert, so I don't always get social stuff. But! If I ever do anything wrong by any of you, please let me know! I'll do my best to fix it. You can contact me by PM.

I also don't mind my roleplaying being critiqued just not publicly?

Nice to meet you all!
โœ‰
^
squidface
 Posted: Feb 25 2016, 10:42 AM

squidface

Member+
Lurker of the deep
Master Fisher

Depth

Profile | Plotpage

Welcome to the site Chimerical ^_^ I think I'm going to have to start calling you Beast or Chimer, Chimerical is fun to type but I don't want to spell it wrong ;_; I have a name which SO many people spell wrong and it really irks me, so I try not to do it even with screennames.

Omggg you have a snake. Exotic pets are awesome. I really wanted a tarantula for ages, but settled on some rats, which are now still living at my old house. >_> Is it difficult to care for a snake? Or are they pretty easy going? I would really like a bearded dragon at some point in the future. <3 scaly babies. (Like mini dragons!)
โœ‰
^
Chimerical Beast
 Posted: Feb 25 2016, 04:43 PM

Chimerical Beast

Member+
Helpful Monster
Master Harper

Myth

Profile | Plotpage

Played by:

Don't worry about the name thing! As long as I know someone's speaking to me, it's all good C:

Well, one of the reasons I chose corn snakes is because they are one of the easiest snakes to care for. Temperaments differ from snake to snake, but corns tend to be curious and chill (if kinda wriggly). They need fed once a week, and it's good to handle them often, but not too often. 15-10 minutes is a good session when they're getting used to you.
โœ‰
^
Cirrus
 Posted: Feb 25 2016, 09:47 PM

Cirrus

Member+
\o/
Master Smith

Cumuloth
#e3e3e3

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: 42 Sootsprites

Hi everyone, I'm Cirrus! I'm pretending to be an adult and so far people seem to be falling so it so I guess I can't be doing too poorly at it? I've been rping since very young, starting on boards like these and pretty much never looking back. Mostly I've done Pern or Harry Potter sites, although in my time I've also experimented with Star Trek, did a whole phase of superpower/'gifted' school stuff and even turned my hand at a couple original concept type places

Other then that I read a bunch, sing along with musicals (badly) and try to remember to have three meals a day. I have a silly amount of dragon-related memorabilia thanks to finding the Pern books at an impressionable age. I don't have a Master's of Library Science, but I lived with someone while they were getting theirs, if that counts? I even looked at one for a while, but then the siren song of not-being-a-student got too strong and I shelved the idea

Aaand I guess that's all I have for now >.< It's lovely to meet you all, and I look forward to writing with you!
โœ‰
^
Flapjack
 Posted: Feb 25 2016, 10:43 PM

Flapjack

N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Haha it counts ;)
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
xvcrimsajadevx
 Posted: Feb 25 2016, 10:59 PM

xvcrimsajadevx

Archived
Library Nerd
Journeyman Harper

Lurketh

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Crim

Greetings everyone ^^

So, I'm one of the many that got hooked into coming here from RPG-D by Squid. She didn't know when she responded to my ad, but I'm an avid Pern fan myself, having been enamored with the books since I was 4 (mom always had them laying around), though I never actually got through my first book until I was 11 (though I tried!). I discovered RP when I was 13, through AOL chatrooms, where my first username was actually Ramoth1027. My first e-mail address was also Pern-related, as was the name of my first 'original' character *cough*

Now I'm 29, with a daughter, and working in a library. I don't have any degrees, but I was in college for animation for a time. In addition to being an avid Pern fan, I'm also an avid writer, and I largely have Anne McCaffrey and her books to thank for that. Eventually , I will write a short story manuscript and submit it to the L. Ron Hubbard Writer's of the Future Contest, of which she was once a judge, and now her son judges in her place.

Umm... I have no pets myself, unless you count the kid (I mean, she is a dog on the chinese zodiac *cough* <_<). But I've had snakes, rats, turtles, salamanders, frogs, scorpions, and other such critters in the past.

Anyways, I look forward to RPing with you all in the future ^^

~Crim

--------------------
- Plotter -
user posted imageuser posted image
Men Plan. Fate Laughs.
~Jim Butcher
โœ‰
^
squidface
 Posted: Feb 26 2016, 08:39 AM

squidface

Member+
Lurker of the deep
Master Fisher

Depth

Profile | Plotpage

Once a week, that does sound low maintenance. Quite different from a dog, three times a day. x)

Welcome Cirrus and Crim! Nice to have you with us. Cirrus, how did you find us?

Crim, how ironic is that, a squid fishing ;)? hehehehe.
โœ‰
^
Cirrus
 Posted: Feb 26 2016, 04:55 PM

Cirrus

Member+
\o/
Master Smith

Cumuloth
#e3e3e3

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: 42 Sootsprites

Haha, thanks Flapjack ;)

Squid, I found it on RPG-D as I was poking around for something to quench my rping thirst, and have to say I'm pretty happy I did!
โœ‰
^
eris
 Posted: Feb 27 2016, 03:45 PM

eris

N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Ah. Hi. Hello. Greetings. Uh. This is the first DRoP roleplay I've been on for a while (life got busy) but I've been roleplaying on and off for.. oh, dear, long enough. I work way too damn much - this is my first day off in fourteen days, lol - so my activity is gonna be a bit sporadic at times, but we'll make it work, bby. I'm training, and working, as a student veterinary nurse, in which I spend the majority of my day getting covered in various body fluids and dodging the sharp parts of animals. But hey, there's puppies and kittens too.

Um. Speaking of animals, I have a mongrel dog, a gerbil, and like Beast a snake (or two). I live in the UK, and I'm twenty six. :D
โœ‰
^
squidface
 Posted: Feb 27 2016, 05:38 PM

squidface

Member+
Lurker of the deep
Master Fisher

Depth

Profile | Plotpage

*waves to the fellow UKer*
โœ‰
^
crowfeet
 Posted: Mar 5 2016, 06:13 PM

crowfeet

Member+
caw
-- --

---
#ffffff

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: ----

Hello everyone, I'm Crow. I just joined today. I found this site through Pernese Online. I'm a university student who really likes birds, mythical creatures, and biology, especially paleontology. I'm also an artist, painting and drawing are probably my two favourite things to do; I'm currently trying to get into art school. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and writing some fun plots! Hope everyone has a great day! :)

โœ‰
^
Kestrel
 Posted: Mar 5 2016, 06:22 PM

Kestrel

Member+
N/A
-- --

Hawkmoth
#7b0d62

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Kestrel

Ahh, I love paleontology too. :D Two of my closest friends are/were studying paleontology, so it's been around my life quite a bit. I look forward to seeing you post (and seeing your art!)
โœ‰
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 3  Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Dear guests and new members: Cbox is to the right!
We also have Discord Chat - To join, please click here.

'Sirocco' based on Alpha 2.0 by gunblaza. Coded by Capricorn for Sirocco Weyr
Forum Topsites, Rankings & Listings. Please Click to Vote Here!
Pernese Online Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons
Online Communities
RPG-D Ruby Wings ListingsNerd ListingsRPG Initiative
Affiliates
Southern Winds Weyr Fortune Favors the Brave