Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

A Well Oiled Machine, 514.03.10
Red
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 04:53 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Tawny

Ladijath stepped out of the bathing pool and shook herself, spraying water around the cavern definitely not deliberately. Fek, she sighed happily to those present, I thought I was going to die from itching, all that dead hide.

Red blinked and wiped his face, his face which was trying to look unimpressed but was really struggling with the task.

Why bother with that face? It makes you look constipated, and I can feel that you're not annoyed with me, Ladijath said, her thick heavy voice swirling with amusement that showed too in her bright green eyes. Don't you think he looks constipated Jassara? the green asked, dropping her head to give one of her most favourite humans a nudge in the ribs.

"Enough from you," Red gave his dragon's snout a swat and tsked at her, because he felt that he ought to. "We still have t'oil you and Margoth or y'll soon be just as itchy as y'were before that scrub, so stop fekking about and settle." Daft dragon!
βœ‰
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 05:39 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: prongs

The shades of bronze that made up Margoth always looked like they swirled over his hide, but in the water the effect was heightened. Jassara stood there and stared happily at her dragon as he moved through the bathing pool. It looked like he would disperse and swirl away through the pool at any moment. You're beautiful, she told her dragon.

Tell me something I don't know, Margoth replied, his icy, sharp tone not quite able to hide how pleased he was at the praise.

Ladijath's comments about her itching and then Red would have made Jass laugh on their own, but the green's nudge made her laugh louder. She reached out and patted the green's nose affectionately in response. "Mmm, maybe not constipated," she mused, turning to look at Red as Margoth made his stately way out of the bathing pool. "More like he feels like he should be displeased, so he's trying too hard to look that way." She wrinkled her nose at her friend and grinned.

Not one to be outdone Margoth also shook himself off, purposely spraying water all over the place while appearing supremely nonchalant. 'Fekking' about? the bronze asked. His icy mind crashed against the minds of everyone present, the cold managing to cover up the honest curiosity he felt at Red's phrasing. And what exactly is 'constipated'? Do you know, Ladijath, or were you just using words that sound good?
βœ‰πŸ“§
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 06:29 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

"Thanks Jass, glad somebody's on my side," Red snorted, looking over his shoulder at Jass and the dragons as he absently picked up a large amphora of oil one-handed and carried it over to the basin they'd fill up for use today. "Oh," his brow wrinkled, "could've done that the other way around." Seen as it wasn't important he then shrugged and poured out what he thought would be about the right amount from the hefty container.

I do know, of ye of little faith! Ladijath replied merrily, her tail swishing back and fore as she looked up at the far larger dragon. Constipated means you can't take a shit, she informed him with some satisfaction. And fekking is a word that you can use to mean all sorts of things, all of the rude, or if you're Red it can just be emphasis or punctuation.

"Fekking right," Red said as he took the amphora back to the rack.
βœ‰
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 06:50 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

"I'm always on your side," Jass shot back with another laugh. She watched as he poured oil into the basin and then turned her attention back to the dragons. Margoth was looking down at Ladijath, his head canted slightly to the side. For all his ice and patience she knew he had a soft spot for the troublesome green, even if he didn't understand her all the time.

Hm. Sounds supremely unpleasant. I'll pass on that - either feeling constipated or looking as such, thank you, he said, the amusement in his tone sharp enough to bite. Looking constipated could be something that Red did - like using 'fekking' as emphasis or punctuation.

Margoth bumped his nose against Ladijath's, being careful with the much smaller green. She was only half his size, after all - he didn't want to hurt her. Perhaps they should oil you first. There is less of you and it will go faster, Margoth mused.

"He has a point," Jass added, jerking a thumb at her dragon for emphasis. "He can go soak a bit more in the pool until we're ready for him." She knew her bronze was only making the offer because he wanted to swim a bit more - not to mention offering instead of being told to go second made him look better - but she wouldn't tell on him.
βœ‰πŸ“§
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 07:38 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

Jass was always on his side, he'd said it in jest - Ladijath was too, she was his dragon - but it was still a warming thought. "Yeah," Red nodded to Jassara, his expression warm even though he didn't actually smile.

I'm smaller, and I'm less patient, Ladijath agreed; they all knew it but it was still nice of Margoth to volunteer to go second and she sent him a feeling of affection for it. Human expressions are always funny with their squishy faces, but you'll soon be too tall to see them Margoth! He would still be able to see of course, dragons had excellent vision, but it was a joke so it didn't actually have to be true.

"Understatement." Red shook his head slightly as he dipped a sponge into the oil and put a hand under Ladijath's chin to hold her still while he started on her face.
βœ‰
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 07:49 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

I'm surprised you can see their faces either, since you're so low to the ground, Margoth replied. Ladijath might have been much smaller than him but she was much bigger than his Jassara so the joke didn't really work but oh well. He wasn't much of a joker anyways - he left that sort of thing to his rider most times.

The affectionate feeling Ladijath sent him let Margoth know he had done the right thing to achieve the response he'd wanted. He crooned softly to the green before making his way back into the bathing pool, his movements oddly graceful for a dragon of his size.

Jassara laughed softly and grabbed her own sponge. She dipped the thing in oil and moved over to Ladijath. If Red was going to start at the tip of his green's chin then Jass would start at the tip of her tail and work forwards - they could meet in the middle. "I wonder if they actually take until graduation to reach their full size, or if they achieve it a month or so beforehand," she mused.

Margoth and Ladijath - and the rest of the dragons in their class - were growing like crazy now, but when would that slow down and finally stop completely? Jass cast her mind back over their lessons but couldn't remember if a specific time frame had been mentioned at all.
βœ‰πŸ“§
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 08:17 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

Well I think we need to solve this problem I think, Ladijath began, her tone indicating that she was about to come out with one of her amusing solutions to life's woes. After a pause for effect she went on; How do you feel about putting your rider on stilts Margoth? Though Jass you'd have to balance the pros and cons of that of course.

Red groaned and tugged one of his dragon's headknobs. "Y'not funny y'know. And what about me? Going t'cut me stand in a hole?" Daft dragon!

"But that one I can answer," Red nodded to Jassara. "Keep growing to eighteen months on average but f'the last three months or so they grow slow. There'll be a big growth spurt when they're about a turn old, not as fast as when they were new hatched but faster than they're growing now; Ilha said it was an awful time for itching and flaking hide and that. Guess it's like us?" Red shrugged. "Adolescence and that. 'tis when the greens start t'rise on average so I guess the two could be compared." Made sense to him at least.
βœ‰
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 08:30 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

"Stilts," Jassara said. Her tone was curious and a bit dreamy, as if she were truly turning the idea over in her mind. It was a sure sign of trouble to come. "That pun was terrible Ladijath and you should be ashamed," she added with a laugh. "But stilts. That might have merit. Or a ladder, perhaps. Hmmm..." Jass chewed her lower lip and spread oil carefully along the green's tail. "Or I could just get myself some climbing experience. Well, more climbing experience."

Her eyes twinkled merrily as she thought on it. Surely one of the cave walls was rougher? So long as she didn't go too high she'd be alright.

Oh that's a great idea. Margoth, who normally kept conversations to himself and Jass, popped his head out of the water and blatantly told on her. After all, that was what Ladijath would have done - the situation called for it, so he did it. Maybe it would score him points. Climbing the cavern walls is a good way to break yourself. You won't need to worry about things gouging your organs out if you splatter yourself on the floor, the bronze said sarcastically. Excellent thinking.

Clearly Jass had remembered Red's talk about muscles and organs when the dragons had been small. Margoth liked to remind himself of it so he never forgot to keep things from his organs.

"He's going to grow faster? Shells and shards, I can barely keep up with him now." Jassara's tone was fond, though, and she clearly didn't mind the extra work an accelerated growth spurt would bring. "You better not whine about itching then like you do now, or you'll never have time for anyone else," she told Margoth.

Her bronze's response was to stick his head under the water and exhale, blowing up a stream of bubbles.
βœ‰πŸ“§
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 12:05 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

"Oh no." Red paused with the sponge pressed to the edge of Ladijath's jaw and shook his head. "I agree with Margoth, don't even think- don't think about it more than y'already have. And you," he pulled Ladijath's other headknob, "don't give her ideas, she's enough of her own." More than enough. Red shook his head and moved onto Ladijath's sleek neck. " 'tween the two of y'I'll be grey before I'm thirty," he grumbled, but not really very hard.

You loved the pun, Ladijath said confidently, turning her head to look back at Jassara once Red has finished with it. And I'm sure Jass would be careful Red; it looks to me like there are some good hand holds around, if I were smaller I could do it! It was hard to resist trying things when they were right in front of you just begging to be tested and explored.

"Fek, y're as bad as each other," Red muttered with a trace of fondness. "The world should be very glad it was Marogth that pick yous Jass and not Ladijath." The two of them together would be a disaster that didn't bother to wait to happen, it would just be constantly happening all of the time.

"They sometimes get candidates in t'help with the bigger dragons at that age," Red added, because even if he was having a grumble it was important to share needed information. "Ilha took the offer up, y'might be wise t'do the same."
βœ‰
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 12:48 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Don't ignore me when I'm speaking sense to you, Margoth told Jass firmly. He hadn't missed the fact that she'd smoothed right over his sarcasm.

"I'm not ignoring you, dearheart. I heard you. I also think I'll be a lot more safe thank you think. Maybe I can find an equally worried safety net to stand under me and catch me if I fall," Jass said, grinning at Red as she finished oiling Ladijath's tail. His comment about his hair made her laugh, and she just barely resisted the urge to throw her sponge at him. "Then you'll look dignified at thirty. Won't he, Ladijath? And he can tell cautionary tales about us to those who don't look like they've lost their youth."

Ladijath's words made sense - at least to her. Margoth's rumbling showed that he was firmly on Red's side. I am big enough now that you could climb on me without hurting me. Even Ladijath is big enough for that. You could climb on one of us instead. Then at least we could catch you if you fell, Margoth stated. He could just stick out a paw and wait for her to fall. Accidents were inevitable with Jass.

Red's words made her laugh softly, and she reached out and patted Ladijath's flank. "We would have been a marvelously exciting pair, wouldn't we, Ladijath?" Too exciting - clearly the dragons knew that. There was no dragon on Pern that was as perfect for her as Margoth. Besides, she and Ladijath could plan plenty of trouble just as they were. Poor Red.

"I helped some full-fledged riders when I was a candidate but never a weyrling. That might come in handy," she mused as she smeared more oil on Ladijath's back.
βœ‰πŸ“§
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 04:01 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

The whole exchange made Red snort and throw his hands up in the air. "They're lucky they have us Margoth." Green and bronze had chosen the way they had for very good reason, they were both just what he and Jass needed... Funny that he was a bit like Margoth, and Jass a bit like Ladijath. Just what they needed. And now, despite trying to be grumpy, he was smiling a bit.

Yes, and you're lucky to have us! Ladijath replied, crooning and turning to look at Jass again with whirling blue eyes. I think we're two of a kind Jass, who else could deal with these two? Naturally this question came with a fond feeling for Red, and one for Margoth too. Everyone needs balance, she concluded sagely.

"Mhfh," Red flared his nostrils, "stop making sense, I'll think y're ill."
βœ‰
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 04:18 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

"Everyone does need balance, you're right about that," Jass said contently. If she had Impressed Ladijath there would have been no rest for either of them, and that probably would have turned out badly. With Margoth she had a quiet spot, and he had someone that pushed him to step out of his comfort zone. For a moment she tried to picture her stoic bronze Impressed to stoic Red and almost laughed. If she and Ladijath would have been non-stop, Red and Margoth wouldn't have gone anywhere.

"And they are lucky to have us. But," she said, catching Red's smile, "I think they know that. Don't you?" She'd worked her way up to the middle of Ladijath's back and was close enough to playfully flick a few drops of oil at Red.

Could you possibly oil a bit faster? Margoth asked. Jass turned her head to look at him and caught the way his eyes glowed like watery jewels in their half-submerged state. I'd like to get out of the water soon. If it's not too much trouble, he added. If a bronze could raise his eyebrow, Margoth would have done it.

"Patience, deartheart," Jass sang out. Any time she got to tell Margoth to be patient was a good time, and she never passed up the opportunity.
βœ‰πŸ“§
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 06:06 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

I should hope so! Ladijath replied, her soft heavy voice rippling with amusement as she squirmed happily under the humans' attention. Yes Marogth you'll have to wait! she continued to the bronze. You did offer you know.

"Right," Red grunted, "do it right, not fast. If his-self is tired of the water though y'could start on him, I'll join when I'm done with her." Seemed a reasonable arrangement to him and more like he'd imagined it happening in the first place, not that he minded Jass helping with Ladijath - quite the reverse - he'd just assumed that they'd both start on their own dragon and then he'd come help Jass when he was done.
βœ‰
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 06:19 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Alright, dearheart - out of the water, Jass said privately. Margoth rumbled a bit and came back out of the pool. This time he was a little more circumspect about how he shook the water off himself. One last swipe of her sponge saw Ladijath's side finished, and she gave the green a gentle pat and moved to re-oil her sponge.

Jass looked at Red for a second, smiled and shook her head, and walked over to her bronze. "Where first?" she asked him. As usual he dipped his head and pressed the tip of his nose to her torso. Laughing softly she leaned forward and wrapped her arms around him, giving him the attention he always asked for before an oiling, before she started to swipe her sponge along his snout.

Since she figured Red wouldn't care either way Jass began to sing, softly at first and then at normal volume. It helped the task go faster, or so it felt. I did offer, Margoth said with a soft huff. Because you're so tiny. I thought it would take them no time at all. And now I'm pretty sure my hide is - what does Jassara call it? - pruny. The joke maybe fell a little flat in Margoth's icy voice but it had been made, and he could feel Jassara's warmth and approval over his attempt because he had meant it honestly.
βœ‰πŸ“§
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 04:30 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

Red paused to watch as Margoth emerged from the pool to greet Jassara, and as she embraced her dragon's snout he ran his hand gently down Ladijath's freshly oiled neck. We make a good team, between us.

Yes, Ladijath agreed privately, giving her rider's shoulder a nudge as her eyes sparkled bright blue. A very good team indeed. Then, sharing her thoughts with all of them again; Anything but pruny! That would be very unflattering, and you'd be a very very big prune.

As silliness was restored Red snorted and started on the last of Ladijath's other flank. "Is that where whers came from then, dragons that stayed in the water too long? They're very pruny looking things."
βœ‰
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 05:47 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Margoth didn't answer Ladijath right away. The bronze's attention was focused on Jassara as she carefully and thoroughly rubbed oil along his snout. Do you think she really liked the joke? he asked his rider, being careful to keep his thoughts between them. Or is she just playing along because it's the polite thing to do?

Jass blinked and paused in her oiling, rather surprised and yet not surprised by her dragon's questions. Her bronze was lovely inside and out but he was unsure of other dragons, even though he liked them, and whether or not they really meant what they said or did in regards to him. I'm sure she did, Margoth. It was a very funny joke, she assured him, her hands oncem ore resuming their task.

Of course it was. I told it, after all, he said, and just like that he was back to his normal self. Can prunes fly? If they can then perhaps being one might not be so bad. The firelizards would probably be quite content to curl up in my wrinkles, he said to them all, his voice thawing a bit with genuine amusement.

"I bet it is. They probably let hatchlings soak too long in cold water, then tried to dry them too fast," Jass said, taking up the joke and leaving off her singing. "So they stayed small and wrinkly. Though I don't know how they got to be nocturnal..." She flashed a grin at Red and had Margoth duck his head down so she could start on his headknobs.
βœ‰πŸ“§
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 07:16 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

Ladijath, seldom content to be still for long, squirmed under Red's hands and radiated joy and humour at the occupants of the bathing room. That depends on how hard you throw them! Ohh, Red you should throw prunes from your sling! See if you can bean some people in the head.

Red wrapped an arm around Lasijath's squirmy neck to keep her still and started trying to oil one of her wings; naturally she smacked him lightly in the face with it. "Bean?" he asked as he caught hold of the flailing limb in place of her neck and started swiping the sponge over it quickly. "Where'd you pick that one up? Bean's a food they eat in the north, not a thing y'do."

Bean is a thing you do as well, the green replied firmly, snaking her head around to regard Red with an expression in her eyes that he knew was a smirk. Language is ever evolving, and the people who use it decide what it means. So - bean.

How had this dragon chosen him again? How had she wanted him? So bright, so clever, so funny, so alive. "Fek off Ladijath."
βœ‰
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 07:28 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

That was one thing Jass liked about Margoth's stoicism - he didn't wiggle too much when she was oiling him. Jass couldn't help laughing when Red got smacked in the face with Ladijath's wing. She would have been doing the same thing the green was doing had she been forced to sit still for so long.

"She's right," Jass said, swiping her freshly oiled sponge along Margoth's neck. "Bean is a thing you do as well as eat. Although," she said, giving Ladijath a bit of a sly look. "With that logic you could just use any word you like and give it that meaning. 'Grape someone in the head'. 'Redfruit someone in the head'. 'Whap someone in the head'... The list is endless."

Margoth blew a breath over his rider to show her what he thought of her and Ladijath's talk - his opinion seemed to mirror Red's - and Jass let out another peal of laughter. "What! It's true! I don't see you snorting at Red because he's saying 'fek', which I didn't even know was a word until I came to Sirocco," she said.

That's because Red's word usage made sense. You two, on the other hand... Margoth shook his head in the draconic version of an eye roll. They're crazy, he told Red.
βœ‰πŸ“§
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 08:14 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

"Completely," Red agreed without hesitation. "And yet;" he shrugged, which in his opinion eloquently illustrated their mutual life choices in associating with the wild creatures.

I am right, and we're no crazier than anyone else! Ladijath stilled suddenly and crooned as Red's nails suddenly found and itch on her side that had been niggling at the back of her mind. And really the world isn't a sensible place, so it's not sensible to be sensible right? she continued after her moment of bliss. Nothing's ever going to make sense or follow on too neatly so you might as well do what seems smartest at the time, or just whatever you feel like - they might not be the same thing!

Red snorted. "No shit."
βœ‰
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 08:26 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

"We're not crazy, thank you very much," Jass said, tapping Margoth's neck in a mock reprimand. "I think it's sensible to be sensible when you can't be anything else in a situation. If there's even a chance that you can do something other than be sensible, that's what you do," she added, warming up to the conversation. As someone who usually did what she felt like doing, there were certain times - like during her lessons - when Jass usually reined it in.

Margoth rumbled softly and looked at Ladijath, his eyes whirling just a little faster with his amusement. If everyone was insensible then nothing would ever get done. You need sensible people so that you insensible ones can continue to be insensible when it suits you.

Hm. Had she told Ladijath about the dining hall incident? For that matter, had she told Red? Jassara dipped her sponge in more oil and went about making sure every spot on her bronze was covered. "Ladijath, did Red tell you about what happened in the dining hall a couple months back?" she asked, her tone innocent. "I hear it was quite chaotic."
βœ‰πŸ“§
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 04:18 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

"Right," Red grunted and nodded to Margoth. "People t'keep the world running smooth as well oiled hide." Somebody had to take care of mundane day to day details so that other people could go about big ideas and fancies; he was one of the former, boring but reliable. But Ladijath didn't think he was boring, and nor did Jass.

Ladijath didn't dignify Red's thoughts with a response in words, or rather she thought that feelings were better and she sent him warmth and love as she chirped curiously to Jassara. No he didn't! What happened? He might have told her but if he had she'd forgotten and she'd rather hear it from Jass than try to trawl through his memories to see how he'd said it, if in fact he had.
βœ‰
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 05:10 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Jassara looked thoughtfully at Red for a moment before she directed her words back to Ladijath. β€œMy friend Lorux told me the details, but I’d heard of it before then,” she started, her eyes glinting with laughter. β€œApparently someone -β€œ she paused there for dramatic effect.

’Someone’ meaning you, Margoth said privately to his rider.

β€œ-dyed the dining hall,” Jass declared. It took two seconds before she was snorting with laughter. β€œApparently there were bags of some sort filled with dye hidden all over the dining hall, and rigged in rather interesting ways so that they’d burst all over people.” She moved to the other side of her bronze and started oiling the other side of his neck.

Jass paused and peeked over at Red and Ladijath. β€œHe told me that after they got over the initial shock of being dyed, some of them found unpopped bladders and started throwing them at one another. Kleos almost took a dye bag to the face,” she finished with another laugh.
βœ‰πŸ“§
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 06:38 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

Ladijath bugled a laugh at Jassara's description; I wish I'd seen it! she exclaimed. Somebody will have to repeat the trick, while Red's there so I can look!

While Ladijath laughed Red finished up the last of her flank and kept his ambivalence about the prank to himself. What about the people whose clothes had been ruined? What about the people who'd had to clean it all up afterwards? The people who'd just been trying to have a quiet meal among the crowds? It sounded like some fun had been had but it hadn't been completely without a price.

Still, hadn't been anyone he knew so the amount he cared was a little limited.

"Don't get me involved," Red said with a snort and shake of his head as he dipped his sponge back into the oil and headed over to help with Margoth. "If one of them shites got dye in my food when theywere hurling them I'd have t'give them a piece of my mind, prob'ly by pressing their face in it."
βœ‰
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 06:59 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

“I don’t think it’ll happen, sadly. Pranks like that are a once and done type of deal.” It had taken her weeks to fill and stash those dye-filled bladders in convenient places. And now that Margoth was awake more and was growing so rapidly Jass didn't have the time for that kind of thing, honestly. “Plus it’s kind of bad form to repeat someone else’s work.” Jass winked at the green and smiled at Red as he walked over.

His response to being in the middle of a dye fight made Jass grin and shake her head. “It’s just a little bit of harmless fun,” she said with a soft laugh. “I think it proves that people can’t help but be children sometimes. I think it’s good for them.” She wished very much that she’d been able to see the fall-out from it, but Lorux’s description would just have to hold her over. "Instead of squishing someone's face in your food you could just throw a bladder back at them," Jass offered, her smile turning impish.

Margoth snorted softly and kept his opinion of the prank and who had pulled it to himself. Perhaps you could pull your own prank, Ladijath, Margoth suggested, his cold voice coming across as far, far too innocent.
βœ‰πŸ“§
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 03:51 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

Ohhh, my own prank? Ladijath's eyes wandered over to the rank of oil amphorae and she crooned softly. I'm sure I could think of something to brighten up a few days! Where could she put oil that would be funny? Maybe R'sol's office? Or she could put something in the oil, if she had somebody to help her. Wouldn't it be funny if all dragons were the same colour? she added innocently.

"Ohhh no," Red waved his sponge in the green's general direction, "don't think I'll help yous with the corks or putting stuff in there." She was really, seriously considering it - lucky he didn't know much about dyes or she'd soon have it out of him.

Oh I'm sure I can find somebody else to help, Ladijath replied, eyes sparkling with mischief. And I'll do it when you're asleep even so you can deny involvement!
βœ‰
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 04:02 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Who are you and what have you done with my bronze? Jassara demanded. Margoth suggesting Ladijath pull a prank? Was he ill? Did he need a dragon mindhealer? ...were there even such things as dragon mindhealers?

Even if there were I wouldn't need one, Margoth replied sternly, making sure to only speak to Jassara. Then, to them all, he added, I can suggest someone to help you, Ladijath, if you promise to leave me my normal color.

Playing along, helping her out - these were things that he should do in this situation. They were what would make the green happy, and make her like him more, right? Right. Jassara sighed softly and paused in her oiling to scratch his neck. She knew the other dragons liked him as he was, though he had not yet learned that (and refused to believe her). He was tricksy, so everyone else must be tricksy too. Except Arumth, of course.

"She's rubbing off on him," Jass told Red with a laugh. "He's never offered to help me plan any of my shenanigans. He just gets stern with me and tells me to find something more worthwhile to do with my time." She rolled her eyes and grinned, showing what she thought of that.
βœ‰πŸ“§
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 06:21 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

Mmmmh, I promise to warn you when I'm going to do something, how that? Ladijath offered, her mind laughing and her tail swaying behind her.

Red snorted and shrugged in return to Jassara's comment, a smile showing in the depths of his eyes but not on his still lips. "He indulges her fun more than he does yours? Wonder if I do the same with you?"
βœ‰
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 06:34 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Margoth pretended to think it over for a moment and then huffed. Not good enough, I'm afraid, he said, not sounding the least bit sorry.

Jass looked over at Red, caught sight of the smile in his eyes, and beamed at him. She casually made her way around to where he was working on Margoth's hide and reached out to poke him in the arm. "Probably," she said with a soft laugh. "For instance, I know you'd help me uncork bottles, even if you wouldn't help me add things to them."

She winked at him and moved to re-oil her sponge before she started working on Margoth again, carefully swiping the sponge along his gleaming hide. For a bit she kept her eyes on her work, but inevitably she swept her gaze back over to Red. "Just like I know it's easier for me to accept you being concerned about me than him," she added with another smile.
βœ‰πŸ“§
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 06:50 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

No? Ladijath flopped down on the ground and rubbed her face with a forefoot. That's alright! I can find people on my own, and if you're lucky I'll still warn you when I have plans! She liked Margoth, and he was being especially good fun today, but she wasn't going to let him dictate everything just as he fancied! Life is about compromise and sharing Margoth, can't we work something out? Sometimes she felt as though he saw himself as an outsider just like Red did and that was no good! They both deserved to be included, but that didn't mean she'd take their shite!

"Mmmmh," Red rumbled, soft and very deep down in his broad chest. "I might that. I might well.... And, yeah." He smiled and shrugged. "We're... two pairs of a... pair? Uh. The roles and... y'know what I mean?" There had been approximately three helpful words there, well done Red.

You're find, you eejit, she and I both like you just as you are so you really can stop beating yourself up.

I don't choose t'do it. It's just.... Red kept oiling Margoth's side; it just was.

I know, Ladijath reached out to him, wrapped him gently in her thick-quick thoughts. But I love you even though you don't and I always will.

...Yeah.
βœ‰
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 07:27 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

From where he was standing Margoth could easily extend his neck to reach Ladijath. So the bronze did so, nudging the green almost playfully as she rubbed at her nose. We might be able to come up with a compromise, he mused, his tone warming up a degree or two with amusement. But you have to come away from your original terms too. It has to be a new deal.

"Two halves of a whole?" she suggested with a grin. Red and Ladijath were a half and she and Margoth the other. It seemed to fit the same idea that Red had been going for, at least. "Extend your wing, dearheart," Jass said. Once Margoth did so she began to carefully oil the membrane, making sure she got every bit of his hide.
βœ‰πŸ“§
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Dear guests and new members: Cbox is to the right!
We also have Discord Chat - To join, please click here.

'Sirocco' based on Alpha 2.0 by gunblaza. Coded by Capricorn for Sirocco Weyr
Forum Topsites, Rankings & Listings. Please Click to Vote Here!
Pernese Online Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons
Online Communities
RPG-D Ruby Wings ListingsNerd ListingsRPG Initiative
Affiliates
Southern Winds Weyr Fortune Favors the Brave