Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Hello, Just A Few Newbie Questions
Guest_guest
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 08:19 AM

Guest_guest

Played by:

Hi, I'm thinking about joining this weyr but I have a few questions. I would like to start with three characters - a Candidate, a bluerider, and a goldrider. Would that be acceptable or do I need to Impress a gold ICly? Back when I used to write my own fanfic weyr (never published), I used to theme and write my own clutches, with complete dragon profiles. I really enjoyed doing that, so I would like to have a gold dragon here so I could write clutches for real live human players. Also, I would like to have my Candidate be transgendered and listed to Impress /any/ color dragon, would that be okay? (I would, of course, only create the goldrider character if my Candidate Impressed something other than gold in the end).

I would like to say to the people running this site; I am thinking about joining you because I read that you have a no flight lust policy. That lack of consent has always bothered me about the books. Thank you very much for reintroducing consent to the Pern universe.
^
RedShoesWrites
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 09:19 AM

RedShoesWrites

Played by: RedShoesWrites

I just joined so I definitely have no authority on any of this, but this thread might help you answer some of your questions - http://sirocco.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=1607
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Zahhy
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 10:04 AM

Zahhy

Root Admin
Quizard
-- --

Adminth
#d22608

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: A Ladybug

Hello and welcome! Thanks Redshoes for the link! It's a big read so I'll try to answer the questions here too.

I'm glad to hear you like our no flightlust policy. It is important to us to enjoy Anne's world but also maintain a modern acceptance of consent and sex/gender issues her books presented.

Goldriders impress IC. However, gold dragons are not required to write clutches here at Sirocco. We have member-run clutches in which current players interested in writing the next clutch do a quick writing competition to qualify and win the chance at writing the clutch! So even if you don't have a gold there is a huge chance you'll get to write a clutch here! I'm excited to see someone that likes this aspect of the game such as you!

All sexes and genders of candidates are welcome and impression is not contingent on color for candidates at Sirocco so your idea sounds good to me.

For your blueriser - traditional impression applies if they are a transfer. If you wanted a female bluerider we do have a blue dragon adoptable from the latest clutch that you can snag! View our Umbrella Clutch adoptables Here.
โœ‰WebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
inkwriter20
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 06:36 AM

inkwriter20

N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Christina

Thank you both! You've made me feel very welcome. No goldrider for me, I guess - that's good, as I didn't really have that character fleshed out yet. It's awesome that I don't need a gold to write baby dragons. I look forward to playing this game with you!
โœ‰
^
Zahhy
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 09:06 AM

Zahhy

Root Admin
Quizard
-- --

Adminth
#d22608

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: A Ladybug

Aw! I'm so glad to hear you feel welcome and are looking forward to playing! Your account should be active and moved to the Member group for more posting access.

Let us know if you have any other questions. We're all eager and happy to help!
โœ‰WebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
otterly
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 10:48 AM

otterly

Member+
Yells at Hockey Players
Journeywoman --

Lontrath

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: shh it's a secret

Hi Inkwriter! I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say we look forward to seeing your characters! I'd love a thread when you are ready to start posting!

You should also fee free to join us on discord! We spend a lot of time chatting and plotting there and it's always fun. You can find the link at the bottom of the site or in this thread!
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Tawny
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 11:10 AM

Tawny

Member+
Tea meister
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Tawny

Yes, welcome Inkwriter! Look forward to seeing you around.
โœ‰
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Add Reply Fast Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Dear guests and new members: Cbox is to the right!
We also have Discord Chat - To join, please click here.

'Sirocco' based on Alpha 2.0 by gunblaza. Coded by Capricorn for Sirocco Weyr
Forum Topsites, Rankings & Listings. Please Click to Vote Here!
Pernese Online Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons
Online Communities
RPG-D Ruby Wings ListingsNerd ListingsRPG Initiative
Affiliates
Southern Winds Weyr Fortune Favors the Brave