Raelero

Candidate
N/A
Apprentice Smith

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Heijale

Rae sighed as he soaked in the heat. While the heat of the desert was a bit extreme, he found that he took better to it than he did the cold. Even in the hottest, driest part of the turn, he tried to get out for a little bit every day. Unlike when it was cold and he would bundle himself up and hide away inside the Weyr as much as possible. Outdoor chores were the worst when it was cold.

It so happened that he was enjoying his free time this day by observing the herdbeast in their pens. Beastcrafters had always intrigued him. How did they get the beasts to listen to them? It was different from dragons and whers, where you could communicate with them almost flawlessly. Even Monster, who was flitting about above him was different when it came to communication than it was between beast and beastcrafter. That was why, he assumed, it was a craft and not something everyone could do. It was impressive, really.

His attention was turned when Monster bugled and took off in a random direction. "Hey!" He called to the blue and then took off after him. The flit was the nosiest thing he'd ever met and he didn't want him to cause trouble for an unsuspecting victim. Thankfully most people were fairly accepting of a flit's antics around here, but still... he could count a number of people he didn't want Monster to bother.

Thankfully, it was none of those people that he was currently heading towards. It was a fellow candidate, though one that Rae didn't know very well. She seemed a nice girl and not one to fault him for having a nosey flit. All the same, he decided to give her a warning. "Oi! Heads up!" He called out to Kehari as he continued to run over, mere seconds before Monster made it to her. "He's a brat but harmless!" Monster screeched back at his Person but landed on the girl's head and peered down at her, eye to upside down eye.
^
Kehari
 Posted: Apr 24 2018, 06:58 PM

Kehari

Candidate
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Prongs

The heat of Sirocco had, thus far, not bothered Kehari. She was used to the heat and humidity of the jungle - something the arid desert climate couldn't really compete with. Still, even back home they would find ways to stay cool during the hottest part of the day, and yet there she was, out on the mesa. There wasn't really a whole lot of cover out by the herdbeast pens but she didn't mind.

Truthfully, her attention wasn't on the climate or the heat or anything like that. No, Kehari's mind was engrossed in the animals themselves. She'd been sitting out there for a while watching their movements. Every herd tended to have someone who was in charge, and watching the dynamics of the beasts had been fascinating. Currently none of the beastcrafters were out tending to them so she couldn't ask questions, but oh, she wanted to, and -

Someone was yelling. Why was someone yelling?

It never occurred to her that someone might be yelling at her, so she ignored the sound and focused again on the animals. At least, until her visitor arrived. "There's something on my head," she announced, immediately starting to tilt her head back, as if it would help her see it. A little blue head and whirling eyes filled her vision and halted her movement.

"He's not a brat he's just curious," Kehari said, speaking without thinking. She didn't seem at all perturbed by the firelizard on her head as she turned to look at Raelero. "What's his name?"
📧
^
Raelero
 Posted: Apr 25 2018, 06:58 PM

Raelero

Candidate
N/A
Apprentice Smith

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Monster chirped in triumph as his Person approached, feeling that he had won since the newcomer hadn't shooed him away. Rae was just thankful that he'd read the young woman correctly, and that she wasn't angry that the blue had come out of nowhere to claim her as a perch.

"Monster," he answered her as he came to a stop at her side. "And curious is his constant state of being. He's a nosey thing, constantly getting into things. Especially if water is involved." He chuckled then. "He's not a favorite in the baths, trust me." More than once the blue had been chased out for splashing about when others were trying to relax. Rae found it hilarious, but knew it was his duty to discipline the blue so that he wasn't a bother when he was no longer cute and little.

"I'm Raelero, by the way," he said, offering Kehari his arm in greeting. "I've seen you around in lessons and the barracks, but it's great to finally meet you. You can call me Rae, also. The full name gets a little long to say after a while."

He leaned over and poked Monster in the nose. "Don't overstay your welcome up there, you brat. When she wants you down, you get down, hear?" The blue puffed himself up, then gave a cheerful chirp and continued to peer around their surroundings from his spot on her head.
^
Kehari
 Posted: May 2 2018, 11:48 AM

Kehari

Candidate
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

“That must be why he’s blue,” Kehari said, smiling tentatively at Raelero over her joke. Although... “I wonder if there really is something to that though. Do blues like water more than the other colors?” An immediate distracted and thoughtful expression wandered over Kehari’s face. Hm. “It might be worth looking into. I’m sure there are a lot of people around here with blue firelizards that might be willing to let me test it, and of course there are the people back home. I can’t remember whether or not any of their blues were particularly fond of water, though. Maybe I can write back home and ask them? Ma might be able to tell me...”

The candidate trailed off as she realized she was rambling. Again. Oops. Kehari tilted her head back, careful not to dislodge Monster, and looked up at Raelero to see if he thought she was crazy. He was offering her his arm, at least, which was a good sign right? She reached out and clasped his arm gently and then let go, hurriedly turning her attention back to the herdbeasts so she didn’t see any kind of ‘what are you talking about’ expression that might cross his face.

“I’m Kehari. My name isn’t long at all, but you can call me Kettle anyway, if you want to,” she offered, still not looking at him.

“He’s welcome as long as we like. Lots of people back home have firelizards so I’m used to it.” Even a well-trained firelizard could be a goofball sometimes, after all, and Kehari was accustomed to playing perch for them.
📧
^
Raelero
 Posted: May 3 2018, 09:22 PM

Raelero

Candidate
N/A
Apprentice Smith

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

The girl had gone off on a tangent, though it was a tangent that got him thinking. Could his coloring have something to do with his love of water? Did greens love those lush forests like where she was from? And the browns and bronzes? Did they gravitate more towards things their own colors?

He nodded as she gave her name, though her nickname was a bit odd. "Kettle," he repeated back. "I'd love to hear the backstory for that one." He pulled his knees up to his chest and wrapped his arms around them. "Tell me a bit about your Ma, too. After all, I'd like to know a little bit about the woman we're going to be harassing for information about if blues are attracted to water and greens to vegetation." He gave her a grin, not to embarrass her for her ramblings, but to encourage the idea of looking into the theory.

"You behave yourself now," he lectured Monster once more, giving him his sternest look. One that wasn't truly stern at all. "Don't lose your ally in this mess." He poked the blue in the nose again, then wrapped that arm back around his knees. Monster chirped and wrapped his tail around Kehari 's neck.
^
Kehari
 Posted: May 6 2018, 06:59 PM

Kehari

Candidate
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Kehari was sure she looked funny with her firelizard hat, but she didn't mind it in the least. "I had an eye injury and I was talking and I had a hot kettle in my hand. I may have waved the kettle and accidentally hit my uncle with it." She lifted her shoulders in a 'what can you do' shrug.

Raelero asked about her mother next, and Kehari couldn't help but smile. She missed her mother terribly, if she was honest, but she didn't know if she was allowed to ask someone to take her home for the day. Were candidates allowed to leave the Weyr when there wasn't a clutch on the sands yet? Maybe she could ask her Uncle Ilharen.

"Ma is wonderful," she said, looking at Raelero and smiling happily. "She's a healer, and she's really good at it. Blood doesn't bother her a bit. She likes to think about things like I do," she added quietly. Her mother wasn't the most outgoing person in the world but if Kehari had questions or thoughts or ideas Ariha never made her feel bad about it, not even when she rambled on about something that probably didn't make a lot of sense.

"If I have a question or come up with an idea she always helps me try and figure it out. That's why I know she'll help answer the firelizard question - because she always helps." A wave of homesickness washed over Kehari and made her cover her face with her hands for a moment.

"What's your mother like?" she asked after a quiet moment.
📧
^
Raelero
 Posted: May 7 2018, 01:37 PM

Raelero

Candidate
N/A
Apprentice Smith

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Rae burst into loud laughter at her story, just imagining the whole event. "That is awesome," he told her, amidst dying giggles. Every time he thought he had himself under control, he would start giggling again. Even Monster was giving him a concerned look, so he gave it a truly honest effort to calm himself.

When he had, he found himself lost in Kehari 's description of her mother. She sounded wonderful, and he found himself smiling. "She sounds fantastic," he told her when she had trailed off. He idly wondered if they would be able to get a rider to agree to take them back to Kehari's home, so that they could question her mother. He figured probably not, and that they would most likely have to wait until after Impression, when they were allowed to fly on their own without having to gain permission.

"Mum?" He asked, having not expected to have to speak about his own mother. "Well, she's.. far more patient than she seems, now that I think about it. I'm the oldest of four, and probably the most troublesome, but she never lost her temper when it came to my antics. Dad was more the disciplinarian, really, though he had a sense of humor too. Mum doted on my sisters, of course, hoping they would take after her love of weaving, but she always had a sparkle in her eye when she learned of the pranks I had pulled." He cocked his head to the side and thought for a moment. "I miss her a lot, actually. I haven't seen her since I transferred to the Smithhall. Well no, I take that back. I saw her right before I transferred here, but that was for a very short time. She was happy for me, but concerned about her son one day fighting Thread." He grinned then, mostly to keep himself from feeling too homesick. "I think the two of you would get along. She's not one to get into very deep conversations, but she's a great listener, and you get the feeling that she's always encouraging you, even if she's naming all the things that could go wrong."

He cut himself off then, feeling like maybe he was talking too much. His family wasn't a topic he usually got into, and now that he thought about it, he supposed it was because he missed them so much. His mother and youngest sister especially. He vowed that when he got his dragon, he would go visit them as soon as he could.
^
Kehari
 Posted: May 16 2018, 08:32 PM

Kehari

Candidate
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

No one had ever called that story 'awesome' before. Most people told her she needed to be more careful, or laughed and rolled their eyes at her. It was all meant affectionately, she knew, but still. Kehari gave Raelero a shy, hesitant smile. "Uncle Red didn't think so," she offered with her own soft laugh. "My grandfather thought it was funny, but then, he thinks everything's funny."

Kehari liked it that Raelero thought her mother sounded wonderful. "She is," she murmured. "Both m'parents are." Thinking of her father made her even more homesick. She wished she had a firelizard, so she could send it home with a note asking them to visit. There was a good chance they would come up for the hatching since she was standing, but that was so far away!

The way Raelero talked about his family clued her in to the fact that he was homesick too. She looked at him quietly for a moment, then smiled and reached out to pat his shoulder. The gesture was meant to be soothing, and she hoped it came off that way. "One day soon y'll be able t'go home," she said encouragingly. "And won't that be something? Threadfighting is scary no matter what, but imagine the look on her face when she gets t'meet your dragon."
📧
^
Raelero
 Posted: Today at 04:34 pm

Raelero

Candidate
N/A
Apprentice Smith

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Rae couldn't help but grin broadly at Kehari. They were both so homesick, and here she was, encouraging him, calming him even, if her pat was read correctly. Her family wasn't as far away as his, but it was just as hard for her to visit them as it was for him to do the same. After a moment of thought, he turned to her with a serious expression.

"I've just had a thought," he told her lightly. Though his expression was serious, there was a twinkle in his eye. Not one of mischief, but rather, one of excitement. "Let's make a deal, hm? Whoever Impresses first will take the other to see their family, when they're able to leave the Weyr unattended. So, for example, I Impress first, after I visit my family, I'll take you to visit your's. Or vise versa." Statistically speaking, it wasn't logical to think that the two of them would Impress during the same clutch. And if they did, well, then they wouldn't have to make that deal at all. However...

"And if we do Impress at the same time, I'd still like to meet your mother. Hopefully she wouldn't mind the both of us bringing our dragons. Mum would love to meet any dragon she could, I know, whether they be bonded to me or a perfect stranger." He grinned then, the expression more closely related to the one he usually wore and much less serious. "And then, if one of us has a blue, we can see if they follow the same suit as the flits and have more evidence to show to your mother for her opinion!"
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Dear guests and new members: Cbox is to the right!
We also have Discord Chat - To join, please click here.

'Sirocco' based on Alpha 2.0 by gunblaza. Coded by Capricorn for Sirocco Weyr
Forum Topsites, Rankings & Listings. Please Click to Vote Here!
TopRPSites RPGfix Pernese Online Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons
Online Communities
Pernese Online Caution to the Wind roleplay ads RPG-D RPGfix RPG Initiative
Affiliates
Southern Winds Weyr Fortune Favors the Brave