Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

[touching] Please Bring Honor To Us, Chiroth's Umbrella Clutch [514.05.15]
Lorux
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 07:25 PM

Lorux

Candidate
Scrappy and Hungry
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Tawny

"Yeah, I hope so," Lorux murmured softly, his grin dropping back to a smile as Balance's calm soaked through his head like a cool drink of water or something like that. And I know stuff's hard, stuff that really matters, he continued, frowning a bit now in thought as he turned the egg's words over in his mind. I guess I'll just have to take the rough with the smooth right? Get my nose down and get on, I can do that. He'd never liked doing it on chores and that but he could, and if the thing he was working at really mattered then it'd be worthwhile right?

But what about you then? Lorux gave the egg a friendly mental nudge. What do you want out of life? Or a rider? Any idea?
^
Maelia
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 07:33 PM

Maelia

Played by: Heijale

Mae cocked her head to the side as the presence disappeared from her mind, leaving something akin to a smokey trail behind. She thought, perhaps, that maybe she had offended it afterall, but she didnt feel like its anger was aimed at her. Just that it was angry in general. With that, she coukd understand how she may be exhausting to it.

With that thought, she got back to her feet and looked around. Who to go to next? There was still a good number of eggs left, and she was only one candidate.

A bright blue egg caught her attention and she found herself wandering towards the Trophy egg. Almost immediately, before putting her hands on the shell, Mae felt that she liked this egg a lot. She decided this even more once her hands were upon the egg.

"Hello, little one!" She called happily. "How is the day treating you?"
📧
^
Lesalia
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 08:30 PM

Lesalia

Played by: bfkitsune

Lesalia could've chuckled at Audacious for the tone it took with her.

Almost.

She still wasn't a fan of the claws in her mind, but she did her best to not be bothered by them. Audacious couldn't hurt her anyway -- perhaps when it hatched, but now? Nope.

And was it... making fun of her? She couldn't tell exactly, but she had the distinct impression it might've been. It didn't seem prudent to purposefully call out and perhaps upset a growing hatchling though, so much as she wanted to say something about it she refrained. For now, at least.

Mmh, sometimes, she admitted honestly, not bothering to hide the fact. I don't always exactly like the things I'm doing, but someone has to do them. If it's me, then I'll get them done as quickly and as well as I can.

Why did it need to dig those claws so deep into her mind? It was beginning to give her a headache instead of frighten or unnerve her; Audacious would need to try harder than that if it wanted to get more of a reaction out of her. If I have duties to fulfill then I'll do them before going on any adventures, of course, Lesalia replied readily, albeit somewhat begrudgingly. Adventures were fun, and she enjoyed going on them, but she was a practical young woman. Responsibilities and duties came first and foremost before anything else. What about you, though? Would you rather go on adventures over doing the duties expected of you?
^
Miradena
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 10:25 PM

Miradena

Candidate
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Chocoholic Bookworm

If Rebellious wanted to be alone she could certainly let it remain so. She didn't mind being alone either but there were plenty of times that company was better. One couldn't always be alone, after it hatched Rebellious wouldn't be either.

As beautiful as the starry sky that was Rebellious' mind was it was also cold and impersonal. It was clear that Mira wasn't the one this particular presence would be seeking out when it left its shell. Not if it sought one that was like itself anyway.

If I am meant to fly, I think I would prefer a small bit of warmth there. I am aware however that it is not my decision to make.

If she were to share her mind with another she wanted the one that shared it to be able to give warmth and comfort if t was needed. Perhaps even appreciate the warmth she had to give as well. If this one wanted one as cold as it seemed to be she was never going to please it. Flying she'd enjoy, fighting she would do as was the duty of all who rode but the quiet comfort she would like much better if there was even a false pretense that it might stay.

As beautiful as your stars are, I will agree that they are likely not meant for me.

She would be interested to see who this one did choose when it came time.

I hope you find the one you seek. It has been interesting to meet you.

Saying it was a pleasure would have been a stretch with the rough handling of her mind. She didn't regret choosing to interact with this one though, they all were deserving of the attention. She gave it a moment to understand that she did mean what she said before taking her hand from the shell. It was time to move on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Mira remained kneeling in the sand before the starry shell as her gaze traveled over the eggs she had yet to visit. Slowly she got to her feet and made her way over to another. Her attention now fell on Friendly. She had planned on making sure to give some attention to the golden shelled ones, why not try one of them next. She settled to the sands once more. Taking a deep steadying breath in she touched the shell.

It was immediately obvious this presence was a much different one from either she had met already.

Hello there.
^
Sarine
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 10:32 PM

Sarine

Candidate
Book Worm
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Sarine was very off with this touching. This egg was very much a sweetheart, from what she could tell. Everything it was saying was done in a gentle manner, but the topics themselves were meant to have her question everything she knew. She didn't like questioning things she knew for a fact worked well. She liked questioning things that she didn't know, and then learning everything she could about it. When she did know everything she could about something, she tended to stay stuck in that knowledge.

"That logic could be applied to anything, though. Cracks could be found in the foundation of the non-traditional Impression as well," she pointed out. She had commented gently, not wanting the egg to think she was angry or annoyed, but rather continuing the discussion. "And I don't hold anything against those who Impressed differently. Nor personally, at least. K'nel is a perfectly likable person, what little I know of him, but I am suspicious of his pairing. Women Impress to golds. That's how it should be. That's how it's meant to be."

And then came the last comment. Sarine remained quiet, contemplative, for quite a while, mulling Determination's words over in her mind.

"I don't know," she finally admitted. "I want to do my parents proud. But I also have plans for my life if I cannot. I'm not certain which I want more, to be honest. Being a dragonrider is something to be proud of, to be certain. But to be apprentice Headwoman is something I have been working on for turns, and it's something I'm good at, and confident in myself in."
^
Ceony
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 01:49 AM

Ceony

Candidate
Knowledge & Dreams
-- --

n/a
#ffffff

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: otterly

Ceony was quiet for a long while as she pondered Balance's words. Did she like the challenge? Ceony had never thought about such a thing before. It hadn't occurred to her. But Balance's question deserved consideration.

I understood it, I felt, she said eventually, slowly. And I think it deserves to be given a chance. It needs a little confidence, is all. Ceony did too and perhaps that was why it resonated so well with her. She was glad that Balance was so friendly, and that it did not seem to disapprove of her.

She smiled a little down at the egg, feeling affectionate. I'll try to remember this, she promised it. And I'll do as you asked. Or, at least I'll try. It seems like the sort of thing that can take turns and turns to do, doesn't it? She was young yet, as her mother often liked to say. There was much to come.

Ah, the eye of the storm, she added, after a moment. Like during the hurricanes we'd get at Ista sometimes. She thought back to her memories of the storms, of the whipping winds and the driving rain and the storm surge rising. And then, yes-- The eye of it, calm and quiet, and a brief reprise. That's a good thing to be, I think. As long as you aren't, uh. Setting yourself on fire to keep others warm. She thought that was the saying. Ceony hoped that Balance wouldn't give all of itself over to make other calm. She stroked the shell gently.
^
Lilimina
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 01:56 AM

Lilimina

Dreamer was being so positive and encouraging, and she could feel its confidence washing over her in a warm wave, but she wasn't sure what to think. Lili wanted to believe the wise presence within the Dreamer egg, she really did, but her uncertainty and hesitance radiated from her every thought, even if she didn't have any specific reply in mind for the egg.

It had good points though; some people were good at some things and bad at others. Before she could really calm her mind enough to think of any solid reply for Dreamer, though, it made its request, encouraged her a bit more, and gently pushed her away.

For a few moments, she didn't exactly know what to do or what to think. Had she ever tried being herself? No, she hadn't - she never had - because that wasn't what her parents wanted. A thousand dizzying thoughts buzzed around her mind, weighed down her heart and left her stomach performing acrobatic feats, but before she did anything else she smoothed her palm hesitantly over Dreamer's shell once more. Thank you for talking to me; I'll think on what you said, and I'll come visit you again to answer you.

And with that her hand slipped away and she stepped back a few careful paces from the egg. Now what? Now... Now....

Lili took a deep, quavering breath and turned to leave the sands for the day; her mind felt like a tumultuous mess now, and she didn't think it a good idea to subject it to any of the other eggs, at least not until she'd had a chance to sort out her thoughts. Conflicted and mostly Dreamer had given her much to think about.
^
Mortieron
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 12:02 PM

Mortieron

Candidate
Wet Blanket
-- --

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Zahhy

Well Mortieron wasn't hoping the egg would understand him (at least that's what he told himself). What better is there to be than a dragonman? Nothing. That's why Morti was here, talking to silly eggs like he had every few months for the past two and a half turns. That's why he ran and worked and memorized traditions. He didn't feel the need to defend himself against an egg though and he sighed.

Being a dragonrider would be progress. Being a father would too. Morti had a lot of progress in his future and though he wished to pout about it he just thanked the egg and hastily walked away. Well, maybe he would pout about it, but not in front of this silly idealist that called itself an egg. Bah!

Maybe Dreamer had been right, and Morti could do more if he tried... But the thought of trying, really trying to connect to anyone was frightening. Even more frightening that the idea of fighting thread. Thread was distant, and without a dragon or a wher he would never actually see it with his own eyes. Being genuine with someone, giving it his all wouldn't get him anywhere but left out on his arse with his heart in his hands.

Shucking off his thoughts like he might a cloak, Morti approached Rebellious .

"Hello. I was told we might get along. Do you think that's true?" Mortieron asked the egg before gently pressing his hand to the shell as if it might bite him.
GTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
prongs
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 09:36 PM

prongs

Captain Red Pen
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: prongs

Arria
Obvious power isn’t always the best power, Fateful said, jumping on a stray thought of Arria’s about why she had come to the Weyr. The smoky presence turned thick and opaque, making itself more apparent for a moment before dissipating again. It was a demonstration meant to prove its point. Sometimes the power that hides in the shadows is more potent than that which stands in the light. The Fateful Egg thought again of its darling siblings and how they got all the attention, and how they would all see soon enough why Hidden had deserved attention from the candidates too. Would you rather be flashy and in-your-face? the egg asked.

Lorux
There was approval there from the egg. The results will make the hard work worth it, it told Lorux gently. Balance thought for a moment on the last question, however. What did it want in a rider? It felt that Lorux’s question was far more specific than Ceony’s. It couldn’t just tell him the calm in the storm as it had her. Amusement pulsed through the otherwise calm presence. You see, it is not just those of us growing giving you things to think upon, but you do the same for us. I seek calmness. Bravery. But beyond that… I suppose I shall have to think on it, hm? Balance didn’t seem terribly bothered at the fact that it didn’t have a good answer for Lorux.

I hope your conversation with me has been enjoyable, Lorux, it said. I know I have enjoyed it. But perhaps it is time to continue on, and visit my siblings. Balance didn’t push him out, or even guide him out. Instead, it allowed Lorux to leave, gently pulling itself away from his mind.

Maelia
The Trophy Egg jumped on Maelia, wrapping its mind around hers like an over-enthusiastic friend wrapping an arm around your neck. I thought you’d never come! it exclaimed, its mind bursting with violent, loud colors. But of course you did. How could you resist coming to see me, after all? No one could resist coming to spend time with the Trophy Egg, after all! The egg began rifling carelessly through her mind, not caring about whether or not it was being too rough with the candidate. All it cared about was getting information. Ah! I see that you like to be the leader! Do you enjoy bossing people around or do you just like getting what you want? the egg asked eagerly.

Lesalia
You’re so sure that my just-an-egg self can’t hurt you and yet here I am, giving you a headache, Audacious said, sounding mockingly aggrieved. There was something rather wonderful about being able to catch the thoughts of the person visiting you as they thought them. The presence within the Audacious Egg did enjoy the fact that Lesalia seemed to be determined to withstand it - was even annoyed by it! - though it had no intention of letting up. In fact, its response was to drag its claws along the candidate’s mind. Me? Why, I would rather do what I want. Wouldn’t we all? A sound of delicate, tinkling laughter floated from Audacious. Though I would prefer to neither follow orders nor go on adventures. I would prefer to give the orders, child. Do you have any wish to be the one in charge?

Miradena
The skies are cold and unforgiving. Rebellious responded firmly. There was nothing uncertain in it’s tone, and there was a snort as Miradena pulled away. Indeed. Good luck with the rest of my siblings. Rebellious settled back into its quiet void, allowing the candidate to pull away. Fine. She didn’t want to talk to Rebellious anymore? Well, Rebellious didn’t want to talk to her, either.

The presence within the Friendly Egg burst across Miradena’s mind in a haze of bright lights and energy. Like it’s Rebellious sibling the Friendly Egg rifled through Miradena’s mind with dizzying speed. Unlike its sibling it did so gently. Miradena! That’s an awful long name for you. How about Mira? Oh I like that. Mira it is! Friendly laughed in a booming, inviting way. Have you enjoyed your time among my siblings so far? It asked, immediately wanting to know if Miradena was having fun.

Sarine
You do not see that as a sign that perhaps it’s not meant to be so? Determination pressed. What is there to be suspicious of? We choose what is right for us, not what is traditional. This is something you cling to. It narrows your views. It sounded a touch disappointed when it explained that. It liked Sarine, after all! To find such narrowness in her mind, though, was… well, disappointing.

Determination listened carefully to Sarine’s words, and sent her feelings of encouragement. But what if being true to them makes you dishonest with yourself? They should be proud, no matter your choice. So long as you are true to what you want. There was a sudden thread of amusement in the gentle feelings Determination sent to the girl. If you are meant to fly alongside us, we will find you so long as you are nearby when the time comes.

Ceony
I can see why Conflicted liked you so well. Balance seemed to murmur the words, and there was a calm warmth that wrapped around Ceony. It was like warm water filling in the gaps, surrounding her gently. And you are right. It can take turns. Lifetimes even. But that makes it all the more worth seeking out. You have time yet.

Rumbling laughter filled the egg. Indeed. I shall not catch fire, so long as you promise to do the same. Go then, Ceony. Visit with more of my siblings. They can learn much from you. And you from them. They are not all so gentle, but even those who are rough can teach much, in their own ways. It was a pleasure being able to speak with you so.

Lilimina
The presence within the Dreamer Egg rose to the surface once more to brush against Lilimina’s mind as the girl spoke to it again. I look forward to it. Don’t forget, now, it said kindly, and then it was gone once more.

Mortieron
There may not be things better than being a dragonman but - Dreamer began as it caught Mortieron’s thoughts. But then the candidate took his hand off the Dreamer Egg’s shell and went away, and the Dreamer egg was left to sit there in surprise. Well. At least Mortieron had said thank you before he left, though that didn’t do much to alleviate the impression of rudeness that the boy left on the egg.

It was probably a good thing that Morti touched the Rebellious Egg with such a gentle hand, because as soon as the presence within the egg felt contact, it pulled. Yanked, really. And a feel of being pulled forward at a dizzying speed was the result. Stars seemed to speed past, blurs of light, as the presence within went through Mortieron’s mind.

And then, blessed quiet. A quiet, cold void, filled with stars that twinkled in the distance. Perhaps. The voice seemed to come from everywhere and nowhere, accompanied by the perhaps unsettling feeling of eyes watching from the darkness. Eventually the stars seemed to reshape themselves, creating the appearance of yellow glowing eyes that peered warily at Mortieron from the darkness. I am not so gentle as Dreamer. Does it bother you?
📧
^
Ceony
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 10:18 PM

Ceony

Candidate
Knowledge & Dreams
-- --

n/a
#ffffff

Profile | Plotpage

Ceony smiled again, feeling warm with pleasure at Balance's compliments. She was glad that it liked her so, and that it was willing to share its wisdom with her. "Thank you," she said aloud, patting its shell one last time. "I'll keep all you've said in mind. You've given me much to think about."

After she parted ways with that egg, she looked around the clutch a bit. Chiroth had suggested that she visit the Friendly Egg, so that, Ceony decided, was where she would go next.

This egg was very golden, not unlike the Conflicted egg was. She didn't think it was possible for there to be two golds in one clutch, but she wondered again if one of them would hatch a golden dragon. Ceony wasn't sure how to predict such things.

Well, it did not matter. All that mattered was getting to know the eggs. So when she reached the Friendly Egg, she laid her hand carefully over the gleaming shell. Immediately she felt the presence of the dragon inside, bursting brightly across her mind. It made her laugh with delight, and Ceony found herself grinning down at the egg.

Hello! There was still laughter in her voice as she spoke to it. How have you been? Have you met many other candidates? I'm Ceony, another one. I'd love to get to know you, and to chat with you a bit.
^
Miradena
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 11:49 PM

Miradena

Candidate
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

This one was much more pleasant, first appearances would have Friendly living up to its name. It had her smiling almost immediately. There was no coldness in this egg. Perhaps that was the reason for the golden color of the shell, it mirrored the personality within.

Mira is perfectly fine, it's what my family calls me.

And her friends once they actually managed to get to know her well enough. The egg wasn't the only one to find it easier.

I have, it's my first time meeting any eggs and I find it very interesting to meet all of you. I don't think I expected such distinct personalities.

Even Rebellious. She may have felt the need to keep that one short but she was still glad to have met with it.

Are you having fun? Had many visitors?

Mira didn't know exactly which of the other candidates had visited with what eggs. Her attention had mostly been on the one's she herself was touching. As it should have been.
^
Maelia
 Posted: Yesterday at 12:33 am

Maelia

How could she resist the Trophy egg indeed.

A huge grin lit up Mae's face as the egg all but bombarded her, and she reveled in the feeling of it surrounding her. The bombardment itself wasn't at all ill intentioned, or at least it didn't feel that way, and so the girl didn't mind. Afterall, if her brother was to be believed, she would have to get used to someone else being in her head all the time, and she'd honestly rather that person be loud in her brain, than sneaky.

She didn't think she would do well with sneaky.

"Oh, I think it's a little bit of both, plus some," she explained. "I can be very bossy, but that's just when no one else will take the lead, or contest my taking it." It was true, and it wasn't a fact she was ashamed of. There was very little she was ashamed of, actually. "And I do like getting my way, but who doesn't? It's a nice feeling. But I also think that part of it is also that I like to help people who can't think for themselves. I feel sorry for them, and instead of trying to make them lead themselves, I'm more comfortable just leading them. I'm pretty good at being the head of things, if I can boast for a moment, but I'm not so good at helping others find the leader in themselves." She paused to think on that for a moment. Was it because she wasn't a good motivational speaker? Was it because she was too selfish and thought only about leading? No, she didn't think it was either of those, as she was very good at helping people if they asked her, and leading wasn't the only thing important in her life.

"I think," she said finally. "That it goes back to the fearless thing that has been brought to my attention a bit today. I think I just go do things without thinking, and others follow. People tend to follow those that seem confident about their actions. I'm told I should be more brave than fearless, and while I'm still figuring it all out, I think it might be because I tend to lead people. Being brave means I'll think of them, while being fearless means I could get them in trouble."
📧
^
Mortieron
 Posted: Yesterday at 12:49 am

Mortieron

Candidate
Wet Blanket
-- --

Profile | Plotpage

Getting pulled head first into an egg was something Morti was not expecting. He gasped audibly, his head and heart reeling from the exhilarating feelling. He was NOT used to this, but he didn't think it was any less pleasant than the strange way Dreamer had shuffled through him like a stack of papers. In fact. This was better. At least there was something pretty to focus on.

Quiet. Morti liked the quiet and he found his breathing and his heartbeat slowed. He knew it wasn't a true quiet he could sense the presence of the egg peering at him. At first Morti felt cold in the void but he also saw the stars that formed eyes. Morti winced at the unsettling feeling of the voice echoing from everywhere, from nowhere but he mentally shrugged.

"No." He answered the question simply. How could the way someone was bother him? Morti thought that perhaps the only times he was ever bothered was when people were not careful around others, or mindful of them. Otherwise he was content to remain discontented. Did the egg think it had the power to change that? Dreamer thought it would give him advice, but Morti wasn't really looking for advice.

"Does it bother you?" He asked Rebellious Morti didn't think dreamer was very gentle. It was a bit pushy if you asked him.
GTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Sarine
 Posted: Yesterday at 12:52 am

Sarine

Candidate
Book Worm
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

There was so much coming at her from the Determination egg that Sarine almost felt herself shutting down. Almost. She had felt the egg's disappointment, but then she'd also felt it's encouragement. The encouragement was a good feeling, but the subject matter was a bit to be desired. Mostly because now, she wasn't quite sure what to think.

She knew, of course, that dragons never chose wrongly. But golds choosing males and females flying bronzes and browns was wrong. Or at least, she'd always been raised to believe that. And there was no way that her parents had been wrong. Her mother was the Weyrwoman! Riding gold was something she spent majority of her time doing. And her father... he was just like her, and knowledgeable in a whole slew of things. If traditional thinking was wrong, he wouldn't have come across this in his research, wouldn't he?

Her head was starting to hurt with all the conflicting thoughts going through it. "I never really thought," she said finally. "That being true to them was anything other than also being true to myself. I've always felt that I held the same views and wishes for myself that they did. They stand behind me in my decisions for my future." But the thought still gripped her. Would they stand behind her if she, herself, Impressed bronze, brown or blue? Would it change her in their eyes. She never once doubted that she was either meant for gold, as her mother wished, or to be assistant Headwoman. But more than one egg had commented on her inflexibility. And while she could be stubborn, she also embraced learning, and sometimes, learning meant expanding one's view. It was just very difficult to expand one's view when it was about one's self.
^
Lesalia
 Posted: Yesterday at 02:54 am

Lesalia

Oh, yep, that was a thing; she couldn't very well hide anything from something that was currently sharing her head-space, even if only temporarily. Ah, well, if the worst you can give me is a headache, then I'm probably fine, right? She asked rhetorically, her thoughts tinged with amusement.

When the claw-like feeling in her mind intensified, it made her head ache a tiny bit more and neither of those things surprised her at all. In fact, she would've been surprised if it did let up, given what she'd learned of the Audacious egg so far. But its response was interesting - she wasn't the least bit surprised when it spoke of wanting to be the one giving orders, not receiving them - and she paused to ponder on it for a moment or two before replying. I think everyone does want to do what they want, honestly, even if that desire's deep down. Me, though... I don't have any strong desire to be the one in charge, but I'll gladly do it if the situation calls for it. Someone has to be the leader, after all. It was similar to her sense of duty, now that she thought about it; if something had to be done, then she'd gladly do it. If someone had to lead, then she'd just as gladly do that, too.

And then, because she couldn't help herself, she went on in slightly more teasing tones, Does that mean you wouldn't want to go on an adventure even if you were the one leading it?
^
Lorux
 Posted: Yesterday at 11:59 am

Lorux

Candidate
Scrappy and Hungry
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Right, Lorux nodded and gave Balance a gentle pat, you've got plenty of time for that yet! And part of this is meant to be helping you to decide, so maybe over the next few days you'll get a better idea. Much as it was nice spending time with Balance the whole point was to meet as many eggs as possible and so he sent the egg a feeling of thanks and farewell. I'll come back and see you again before the Touching's over, alright? It was great to meet you too.

When he straightened up Lorux stretched and rubbed his face, the heat of the sands was getting to be a bit much and he kind of wanted to let his brain rest before he met any more eggs - he needed to be at his best after all! There was plenty of time left, no rush.

____

The next morning Lorux returned right after a quick early breakfast, there weren't many other candidates around yet at this time so he pretty well had his pick of where to go. He still wanted to meet Hidden as Chiroth had suggested but his meeting with Lilimina last night on the mesa was still on his mind and his found his eyes wandering back to Dreamer. Well, he had wanted to go back right? He didn't think it was going to be impressed just because he'd worked hard the previous day after he'd left the sands but that wasn't the point, the point was.... Well he just wanted to meet it again, that was all.

Lorux approached the egg and laid a hand on the squiggled surface. Morning, you had many visitors since I left then? It had probably had plenty, it was a big egg after all and even here at Sirocco that kind of thing drew people in.
^
Arria
 Posted: Yesterday at 02:31 pm

Arria

Candidate
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

I'm definitely flashy darling, but that doesn't preclude me being subtle as well, Arria replied confidently to Fateful's question. When people are focused on a glittery exterior; pretty words or a flourish of one hand they often fail to see what the other hand is doing - slipping a card into the deck for example - so I can certainly appreciate your approach. My own power has been of a subtle kind so far, though my presence has not been. As a favoured bastard child of a Lord she had privileges aplenty but no official standing; thanks to the guidance of her mother however this had never presented a problem for her, or at least it had never kept her from doing whatever she wished.
^
prongs
 Posted: Yesterday at 04:18 pm

prongs

Captain Red Pen
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: prongs

Ceony
The Friendly Egg reached out and exploded across Ceony’s mind in a cloud of light and energy. She was already laughing - that was a good sign! Welcome, Ceony! the egg boomed, its delight in her evident. Ceony. Hm. Now that’s not a name I can shorten. Cee? Ony? Do you have a nickname? it asked. The more familiar it could get with the candidates the better. A blur of energy accompanied the egg’s movements as it sped through Ceony’s mind. It encountered her interactions with its siblings and dug deeper, wanting to get at who Ceony was. Reserved? Am I seeing that right? But you don’t seem that way at all! it said, recalling the happy way she had greeted it. What holds you back?

Miradena
More light and sparks burst across Miradena’s mind as the Friendly Egg laughed again. Why wouldn’t we have distinct personalities? We’re individuals, after all! The egg didn’t seem offended by the candidate’s surprise. If she had never met the like of itself and its siblings before, how would she know what to do expect? I always have fun, Mira! Friendly paused for a second as it perused the candidate’s mind, wanting to learn more about her before it asked her questions. Ohhh, I see here that you like to be reckless. Are you always reckless? it asked, bouncing across her mind again.

Maelia
Helping people who can’t think for themselves, the Trophy Egg mused. It definitely liked the sound of that. And instead of giving them the chance to learn to do so you just swoop in and show them the way? Oh it definitely liked the sound of that! Maelia was right too, Trophy knew instinctively. People followed those who seemed to exude confidence. That was probably why the Dreamer Egg got so many visitors - even Trophy could feel the confidence coming off of its sibling!

But the Trophy Egg had more than enough confidence of its own, and it would rather be the leader than the follower any day. Does being fearless mean being selfish, then? it asked, more bold colors splattering against Maelia’s mind as it talked.

Mortieron
Rebellious seemed almost to soften a bit as it picked up Mortieron’s thoughts. He liked the cold, the void of twinkling stars. He didn’t think it was too rough. In fact, he hadn’t been fond of Dreamer. The stars twinkled, and there was something akin to laughter. It does not bother me. But it bothers others. The presence within the egg seemed to pause for a moment. It is lonely. But you understand that, don’t you? Perhaps that is why you were not fond of my pushy sibling. It does not understand loneliness, does not have it curled around its heart like an old friend. When it touched Mortieron’s mind again, going through the thoughts there, Rebellious was almost gentle.

Why do you wish for a partner? To be rid of the loneliness?

Sarine
It’s difficult, isn’t it? Determination sent gently, that cool breeze blowing through again, sending encouragement and strength to Sarine. But you are smart, Sarine. I am sorry to have upset you. But you should do that - think. About what you truly want, about what you truly believe. What is right does not always match what is tradition. The presence sent her the thoughts gently, fondly. Despite having shaken up Sarine - it hadn’t meant to - Determination had enjoyed their talk.

Decide on your truth. Talk to my siblings. They are sometimes hard edges, but they are true. Please, come back if you like though. I have enjoyed our discussion.

Lesalia
The Audacious Egg’s bright presence flared once in amusement. Its claws now stroked Lesalia’s mind almost fondly. While the presence inside was powerful and knew it, it seemed to like it when people showed a bit of backbone towards it. I’d like to do anything, so long as I was leading the charge, it said sweetly, that tinkling laugh once again ringing out. Now. Why don’t you run along and visit with some of the other eggs, hm? Audacious pressed its talons again onto Lesalia’s mind, wanting to leave the candidate with a little reminder of itself as she moved on to the other eggs. Do have a good rest of your day, the egg cooed. The light that was Audacious dimmed until it vanished, leaving Lesalia alone and back on the sands.

Lorux
The presence within the Dreamer Egg wrapped around its latest visitor, and found itself delighted that it was a repeat customer! Lorux! the presence exclaimed, ushering the candidate into the cozy den that seemed to make up its mind. Once its guest was settled into that comfortable guest chair Dreamer settled itself in to visit. I’ve had a few, yes. And I’m sure you’ve gone and visited a few of my siblings yourself. How have those visits gone? As it spoke the egg perused Lorux’s mind, finding the signs of industry that the boy had given himself over to the day before.

Dreamer seemed extremely pleased at that. How are you feeling today? it asked.

Arria
Arria’s words actually made the Fateful Egg pause. The smoke that made up its presence stilled and hung suspended around her mind as the egg thought furiously over her words. You have a point, it said slowly. It was still angry that more hadn’t noticed it, but perhaps being flashy didn’t necessarily mean that you couldn’t be subtle. I’ll have to think on that. The smoky presence moved again as it spoke, becoming opaque again before it began to dissipate. Go visit some more of my siblings and see if they’re worth your time. If you find you get bored of them, come back, Fateful said, chuckling softly. Then Fateful disappeared, its smoke blown away by a cool, piercing wind, though perhaps it had left the scent of smoke behind.
📧
^
Lorux
 Posted: Yesterday at 04:28 pm

Lorux

Candidate
Scrappy and Hungry
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

He hadn't really expected Dreamer to be pleased to see him; he was glad that he was wrong and found himself relaxing and smiling with the cozy warmth it gave out. I've only been to see Balance since you but it was good! I think we both got something to think about from it and I guess that's the point of all this right? A chance for them to get to know each other before the dragons hatched. After that I got on with my day, he didn't mention that he'd worked harder than usual, he could already feel that Dreamer had noticed and approved, and then I met Lilimina.... She seems like a girl with a few problems, right? I tried to be helpful but I'm not sure what good it did really. There was a large part of him that still resented where she'd come from, the cushy life she'd had, but she didn't seem like- like a bad person or anything, not like some fancy folk. How did you help somebody with being squashed under what their family wanted from them though? So... I'm feeling alright but I guess that's weighing on my mind a bit. I feel bad for her even if she is a clueless piece of holder fluff, she's not nasty.
^
Ceony
 Posted: Yesterday at 05:04 pm

Ceony

Candidate
Knowledge & Dreams
-- --

n/a
#ffffff

Profile | Plotpage

The Friendly Egg was such a bright, welcoming presence that Ceony laughed again. It was obviously delighted to have a visitor, and she couldn't help being pleased. Oh, my brother calls me Cee, sometimes, Ceony agreed. But mostly I haven't got a nickname. Unless you have any suggestions! It doesn't count unless someone gives it to you, right? That, she supposed, was the best part about nicknames.

The egg seemed to speed through her mind, darting about her consciousness not unlike Bitsy used to dart across the warm sands at Ista. It was a little dizzying, but Ceony did not mind, and she grinned again down at the egg.

She blinked a little as the egg continued to explore her mind. Oh--well, she started, feeling sheepish. It's um. Harder to talk to people than it is to dragons. Or eggs. It was a bit hard to explain, she thought, so she paused a moment so she could consider her words carefully.

And sometimes--my thoughts go too fast for my mouth. So I stumble over my words. But it's not all because of that, she offered, a hint of a smile appearing back over her lips. Sometimes it's nice to just listen. I like to hear what others have to say.
^
Arria
 Posted: Yesterday at 05:06 pm

Arria

Candidate
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Ahhh. Arria's smile curved up into a little flash of white teeth and she smoothed her hand gently down Fateful's shell. Happy to help darling, you have given me things to ponder as well. So saying she removed her hand, straightened, and looked over to the Conflicted egg - the one most likely to shell a gold according to the Weyr's many quiet betting pools. Was that what she wanted? A weyrwoman was vastly powerful and yet her day to day work was so dull. Would it perhaps be better, not merely acceptable to Impress a dragon of a different hue?

With these thoughts turning in her mind Arria approached the tiny Trophy egg and cocked her head at it. A green? Surely it could be nothing else. Well perhaps a green would be just perfect for her! Terrible shame about that clashing red band upon its shell though.

Arria discreetly kicked her shoes off under her skirt and then knelt down on them, saving her knees from the heat of the sand and her from the indignity of trying to touch the egg by bending over. One should only be seen with one's arse in the air by very specific people.

Hello darling, how are you faring with this experience?
^
Lesalia
 Posted: Yesterday at 06:11 pm

Lesalia

The presence of claws in her head lessened and turned a bit more gentle, and it felt almost like... it was petting her? Knowing what it wanted out of life before it even hatched was a good thing, at least in her opinion, and she gave the egg a fond pat and shared a feeling of approval and gratitude with it, and hoped that more candidates came to visit it. Perhaps its partner would be one of them.

But it had vanished from her mind and left her gazing around the sands once more to find another egg to visit, but which one? Lesalia hummed to herself a little as she ambled around slowly, both so she could take her time in deciding which to visit next, and to give herself time for the headache Audacious had given her to go away.

Eventually Lesalia wound her way around to the Falling egg, and she paused to look over its unremarkable, dull shell. She'd heard others wonder if this one could be a dud, but since she'd never been around dragons or eggs much before coming to the Weyr, she really had no idea if any of their wonderings had much merit or not. What better way to find out than to see for herself? With her curiosity piqued and traces of concern pricking at the back of her mind, Lesalia smoothed her hand over the egg's smooth, gray surface. Hullo there, she greeted it amiably, even if the egg itself felt cold and non-responsive at first. Would you like a visitor?
^
Mortieron
 Posted: Yesterday at 06:25 pm

Mortieron

Candidate
Wet Blanket
-- --

Profile | Plotpage

The laughter surprised Morti as much as being pulled into the presence of the egg had, but he managed not to gasp or flinch this time. Was the egg sarcastic? Cynical? Did it laugh at Morti, or the fact that Morti found Dreamer to be too full of dreams?

No matter what the egg thought, Morti felt some sort of sudden need to impress it, almost the same way he felt around Anhara, or his father. He didn't give in entirely to that feeling, but he did take a moment to consider the questions that echoed inside Mortieron's head.

At first, Mortieron wasn't sure if Rebellious was repeating his own thoughts and feelings to him, or if it too lived in the darkness, the forgotten parts of one's mind, safe from everyone's expectations by being content only with the expectations one had for themselves. "Well... yes... and no." Morti thought it was foolish to think that the loneliness he felt would evaporate only because he impressed, but it was a nice idea nonetheless. He paused to consider how to answer.

"I wish for a partner... to... just... be." Settled as he was for his loneliness and mediocrity, Morti was hoping a dragon would help make him more than ordinary. Not spectacular or anything, just... better than he was alone.

"I don't mind the loneliness. It's the... not mattering that hurts." He felt vulnerable, but he was not afraid to admit how he felt to Rebellious as he might have anyone else. It was an egg - a baby dragon, it could know who he was by looking deeper anyway. No sense in being dishonest when he wouldn't win at the lying game today. He was too practical for that!
GTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Miradena
 Posted: Yesterday at 10:11 pm

Miradena

Candidate
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Because you've just clutched, you're so new. I thought it might take longer to figure out who you are. You seem to know yourselves better in this short of time than we do after turns on this world.

There was laughter in her tone as she said it though, living up to its name this was after all a Friendly conversation. It was true as well, how many humans could ever really say that they knew everything there was to know about themselves. There was always something new to try or learn and each one told you something.

I hope that stays true after you hatch.

And after threadfall became a reality for them all.

Not always I've been trying to be good since I got here.

Actually she had been trying since her father's encounter with that particular batch of thread. She had yet to go running just a bit too close to the edge of the mesa summit or outside the Weyr as she didn't want to worry him with so much else already bothering his mind. But the egg could see the thrill that came from standing on an edge knowing all it would take was one wrong step and down you'd go. A rush of adrenaline as you raced the storm back to shore.
^
Lilimina
 Posted: Yesterday at 10:16 pm

Lilimina

After speaking to Dreamer and Conflicted, Lilimina had left the sands for the day - and the day after, truthfully - to spend time pondering over what they'd said. Talking to Lorux had helped too, despite how guilty she still felt over how she'd cried and admitted things her parents would be extremely disappointed in her over, so when she did return to the hatching sands it was with a slightly clearer head than before.

Now that she was here, though... Which egg should she visit? Instinct told her to go towards the largest eggs, but she did her best to reign her gut reaction in and instead consider which she wanted to visit instead of which her parents would like her to. They'd want her to go to Friendly or Falling next, surely, because bigger usually meant gold...

So Lilimina turned and headed towards Friendly, not because it could contain a gold but because it was the friendly egg, and an egg nicknamed for its friendliness sounded like just the egg she wanted to meet. Plus, after the difficult conversations she'd had before, it sounded like a nice egg to visit that perhaps wouldn't dig so deep into sensitive things... even if it had been for the better like Conflicted and Dreamer had. Once she reached it she gingerly pressed a hand to its gleaming shell, and immediately lights and sounds exploded through her mind. It almost startled her for a moment, but she quickly recovered enough and pressed her other hand to the shell alongside the first. Hello, she greeted it softly, in comparison to the loudness of the egg's presence, her mind full of hesitant curiosity and hope, although the guilt and uncertainty still lingered below the surface. Would you mind if I talked to you for a little while?
^
Maelia
 Posted: Today at 02:04 pm

Maelia

Mae could feel the feelings practically tumbling through her mind and she couldn't care one bit. She loved the way Trophy felt, and she found herself hoping it didn't dismiss her any time soon. She felt a kinship with the little one, and she rather hoped that of the ones she'd met so far, this was the dragon that would pick her.

"That is a good question," she mused, and thought on it a little. "I suppose in a way, selfishness does come with the territory, thought I don't think one means to be selfish when they're fearless. Again, I'm not terribly good at explaining things, which is why I'm a better leader than teacher, but I think those who are fearless areselfish, but don't mean to be. I mean, I didn't really know until today how my fearlessness could affect others, and I would never go out of my way to hurt anyone. But, that's the selfish part about it, I didn't think about how it affected others, I just did it. You and your siblings have taught me a lot today."
📧
^
Moony
 Posted: Today at 02:56 pm

Moony

Subtle As A Thunderclap
-- --

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Moony

Lorux
One of the points, yes, Dreamer said with obvious amusement. The egg was more than glad that Lorux had visited its sibling and had found the exchange of ideas that they’d shared a good one. Dreamer seemed to still when Lorux mentioned Lilimina, and then it rummaged through the boy’s mind to find those memories. It remembered giving the girl a great deal to think on, but Lorux’s memories showed that she had been rather sad. You stopped and talked to her though. No doubt she appreciated the company.

The presence shifted around Lorux’s mind, almost as if it were giving the boy a pat on the back. And I think you’ve learned something from this too, the egg said. It could tell that Lorux knew he was more than the circumstances of his birth. Maybe, perhaps, his conversation with Lilimina had showed that people who had been born with a bit more could also be different than their circumstances conveyed. Perhaps you have made a friend?

Ceony
The Friendly Egg paused in its energetic zooming to reflect on what Ceony had said. Cee it is then, the egg replied. Her words had the presence bobbing along, as if it were nodding agreement. It’s harder to talk to someone who isn’t in your head already. It would be easy to misinterpret what a person was thinking or feeling if you couldn’t read it as it floated across their mind.

But Ceony said she liked to listen, and the Friendly Egg was more of a doer! If you stop to listen to what the person is saying, does it make it easier for you to talk to them? it asked, bouncing its way merrily along her mind once again. You know sometimes actions are louder than words. If you can’t say something right, have you just tried showing what you mean?

Arria
Colors, bold and bright and maybe a bit much, burst across Arria’s mind almost before her hand had fully made contact with the shell. Trophy’s presence rose up to meet her, loud and garish and proud as it brushed against her mind. I’m faring wonderfully! Everyone loves me, of course, the egg said, its tone more than boastful. It was self-assured and maybe a bit selfish too. As the colors stroked and splattered across the candidate’s mind the Trophy Egg dug around, looking for interesting tidbits about its latest visitor. Are you enjoying your visits with us? I’m sure they’re not all as splendid as me, of course, it said with a laugh. Ah! You come from a life of privilege. Why would you leave such a thing?

Lesalia
There was nothing in response from the Falling Egg when Lesalia touched its shell. Just silence and the feel of a cooler-than-normal shell. No mind reached out, and no presence within could be detected. It remained silent for a breath...two...and then without warning there was a sharp tug, pulling Lesalia within and letting her fall within. The feeling of being surrounded, of having snow around, under… even over her dominated. And even still there was silence and the feel of eyes watching. You are sent to interact with all of us. Whether we want a visitor doesn’t matter as much. We get a visitor, though I may not always respond. Indeed, the presence within the egg seemed almost on the edge of perception. As though it hadn’t quite decided what it thought of Lesalia just yet. In fact, the presence seemed to be there and then not. Strong when it was there, but faded quickly.

Mortieron
Rebellious seemed to consider for a long moment, and there was something that became almost welcoming about the starlight within. This was a candidate that understood. The loneliness was not always bad, but to be dismissed, to not matter… the idea likely would have created panic in other eggs. After all, for the growing presence within to not matter would mean something very different. And yet, the energy that filled the egg was calm and determined. We will matter. There was a firmness there, as if it had decided that it would come to be. I am okay, not being noticed. Sometimes flying under the radar is better. But I want to matter. I want to make a difference, no matter how small. The Rebellious egg was, after all, one of the smaller eggs. It was aloof and while the egg itself was warm, the presence within was cold and aloof. But there was a heat to its words.

But to matter in the way that you would matter if bonded to one of us means to fight. It means danger. Can you risk everything you are? The feelings were different now - the heat of fire, wind under the wings and surrounding - before fading once more to the calm void. There was an intensity there, under the cold.

Miradena
We grow a bit faster! The Friendly Egg exclaimed. Its bright presence seemed to expand as it spoke, making the mind wrapped around Miradena’s seem larger than life. Miradena spoke of wanting to be good and the egg paused, pushing against her mind so she could feel its curiosity and slight confusion. What did you do before that you’ve changed now? it asked, giving the distinct impression that it had cocked its head to the side. Friendly could see the fact that she was trying not to worry her father written clearly across Miradena’s mind, but what had changed? Was the Weyr scarier than where she’d been before?

Lilimina
Another visitor! The Friendly Egg burst up from the confines of its home and wrapped its mind around Lilimina, showering her in bright light and energy. Of course not! Stay and talk as long as you like! It’s wonderful to have visitors, the egg replied with a booming laugh. Lilimina. Hm. Lili is much better. Or do you prefer Mina? Friendly sped through the candidate’s mind, picking up her hope and curiosity as well as her guilt and uncertainty. Ahhh you met with Conflicted and Dreamer yesterday, it said, matching those memories to the negative emotions she was feeling. Those two are enough to make your brain hurt! Are you feeling better today?

Maelia
So when you’re a leader you don’t have to explain things? Trophy asked, its colors splattering themselves against Maelia’s mind with excitement. You just get to do what you want and tell other people to do what you want them to, and they listen? Oh, it could certainly get used to a life like that! But she was talking about how she’d learned things, and the colors of Trophy’s mind dimmed a little bit, maybe felt a bit heavier as they splattered against Maelia’s mind. Oh. So since you’ve learned you’re going to try and do things differently now?
^
Lorux
 Posted: Today at 03:13 pm

Lorux

Candidate
Scrappy and Hungry
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Yeah, I think she did, Lorux agreed with Dreamer; it didn't seem like Lilimina was much good at pretending stuff. That was probably one thing that disappointed her parents, among many others apparently. It wouldn't be like that if she Impressed though, well no it probably still would but she'd have a dragon's love and that had to help. And yeah, I guess so. Last clutch I stood for an egg told me not to judge them by their shells, and I've been trying to do that. Hadn't thought much about what it'd be like to be one of them if you're not very good at it, and that's all your parents can see though. Learn a new thing every day I guess? Lorux grinned then and, humour filling his mind he added; Every Touching at the very least, guaranteed. A friend though... I don't know, maybe? He felt bad for her and that was a start, maybe he'd spend some more time with her after this. They might not end up friends, might just be too different, but he could give her a chance right?
^
Mortieron
 Posted: 16 minutes ago

Mortieron

Candidate
Wet Blanket
-- --

Profile | Plotpage

The almost welcome from Rebellious allowed Morti the comfort of lean in closer to the egg, his gentle hand on the shell pressing down firmly so he could really feel it while it whispered to him.

"You will!" Morti promised the egg. It was a dragon, if anyone had the ability to matter and to make a difference, it was whatever lived inside this shell! Even if it was small, there was a place for dragons in the sky.

"I am afraid." It was difficult for Morti to admit it, but maybe it was what was always holding him back? The dragons could always sense his deep, deep fear. He felt the fire, the wind, and the void, the pressure of it was threatening, yes and Morti quivered in awe at the way the egg seemed to know why it was here and the calm and calculated way it knew what it would do. Morti wished he could use his mind to that effect!

"What am I? What is there to risk if not myself?" It was easier knowing that he had a better chance to impress than Anhara this time around. She was made to be a dragonrider - that he knew, but Morti wished he could do it for her. If he had a dragon and fought for Pern, the Anhara's of the world would be just a little bit safer. If it was Morti stacked against anyone else? He would choose to risk himself every time. Like he had against Soleil for the sake of filthy crawlies. Others had their hearts and their minds and their passions - their lives. Everyone had their place in the weyr. Morti might matter someday and even if he did, wouldn't he always matter less than those he cared about? At least he would matter to the little one on the way, and that gave him a little tiny spark of courage.

"Yes. I think I can risk myself. Death isn't everything. I'll live in memories." Not many memories, but a few and hopefully - if Anhara's baby was his, Morti would live on in blood too. Morti blinked in surprise his eyes seeing the sands and also the darkness of the egg. He hadn't dared to hope until now that Anhara's baby might be his... but he did hope for that. He never hoped for anything. He let that hope seep deeper into his private desires.

"And if I become a rider, I'll be like my father. That will matter too." Mortieron would outshine his brothers, at least for one spectacular moment. Fighting thread would be worth the surprised looks on their faces that he, silly, sad Morti could do something. The first of Mo'ri's sons to fly! That would be a feeling he could live on for a very long time, or a feeling worth dying for too, perhaps.
GTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
3 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

View Topic Options Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Dear guests and new members: Cbox is to the right!
We also have a dedicated Slack channel - to join it, please PM Badgerigar your Email Address.

'Sirocco' based on Alpha 2.0 by gunblaza. Coded by Capricorn for Sirocco Weyr
Forum Topsites, Rankings & Listings. Please Click to Vote Here!
Pernese Online Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons
Online Communities
RPG-D Ruby Wings ListingsNerd ListingsRPG Initiative
Affiliates
Southern Winds Weyr Fortune Favors the Brave