Pages: (6) « First ... 4 5 6  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
Create a new Topic Start a Poll

[touching] Please Bring Honor To Us, Chiroth's Umbrella Clutch [514.05.15]
Ceony
 Posted: Feb 21 2018, 08:41 PM

Ceony

Weyrling
Knowledge & Dreams
-- --

Rekenth

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: otterly

Ceony welcomed Conflicted's presence in her mind. Its digging around didn't phase her, and its tenacity reminded her of Bitsy, who she thought it should meet someday. She thought they might get on well.

Its question made her blink. I don't care about the color of my dragon's hide, she said earnestly. I know that any dragon that chooses me would be exactly right for me. Isn't that the most important thing? Ceony stroked the shell absently.

I think, she said, that people are sometimes more concerned with hide color than is necessary. All dragons are important, no matter what their hide is like. You're important, too. Especially Conflicted, she thought.

She sighed a little. But hopefully they will learn. Her brother rode a green dragon, and she knew that his Keriath was as necessary to the survival of Pern as brightly-golden Arumth was.
^
Sarine
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 12:07 AM

Sarine

Weyrling
Book Worm
-- --

Hamith
#96BDBF

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Heijale

"I think I'm definitely in need of a confidant," she told Balance. There was something almost wistful in her voice, and she suddenly felt all the exhaustion hit her again. She took a deep breath, then exhaled slowly, letting the tension leave her body. "A teacher too, perhaps, depending on the situation."

She paused then. Had the egg given her permission to just unleash her feelings on it? Or had it merely been describing itself in reply to what she'd said to it? She wasn't quite sure, but she did feel that it would be quite rude to launch into a long explanation of her problems without even introducing herself to the dragonet inside.

"I'm Sarine, by the way," she told it. Normally she would have proudly added that she was the daughter of the Weyrwoman, but somehow that didn't seem as important as it usually did. She highly doubt Balance cared who she'd been born from.
^
Maelia
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 12:13 AM

Maelia

Weyrling
O Fearless Leader
-- --

Aridath
#085A10

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Heijale

And just like that, with a final word of approval, Trophy was gone. Mae would miss the little one, but she knew there were others to go meet. Besides, she could always go and talk to the little egg if she wished. For now, it was time to seek out a new friend.

She wandered her way through the maze of eggs and found herself in front of the large, blindingly white and black egg that was Dreamer. Even before she knelt before it, she could feel the presence from within. It was a confident presence, but not an overbearing one, and the girl was quite happy with that feeling. Not deterred in the slightest -for why should she be?- she placed both of her hands on the shell and gave a low whistle.

"You're quite the large beauty, aren't you?"
📧
^
Miradena
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 12:25 AM

Miradena

Weyrling
N/A
-- --

Simkyth
#1443BC

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Chocoholic Bookworm

This was much better, at least Determined acknowledged that she was there. Not that she'd fault Falling for that. If she didn't have what that one was looking for why should it have bothered to try. She did prefer those who sought to be pleasant though.

That they are. We do keep bothering you though so I can't blame them.

It wasn't like they really had much say in whether or not someone would be approaching them, perhaps they only wanted to slumber as they grew into what they would be upon hatching. Besides you learned something from them all, even the quiet one's or those that were uncomfortable.

I have no complaints. I find it all a fascinating experience. And it would not be complete without the prickly personalities. Hopefully they have all found someone that they too enjoyed the company of as well. It will be interesting to see who they choose once out of the shell.

Not that all that would visit with the presences inside the eggs could be considered less prickly. There were just as many differences in the human candidates as there were in the eggs. Probably more so as this was a small clutch.

Have you found many among us that are more difficult to understand just as we have among you? Or are you just glad to have anyone pay attention?

It was a smaller and less noticeable egg when the two golden colors and the larger would draw more in. As would some of those with more outrageous looking shells. Hence her visit with Rebellious, though the feathery look of Audacious had not.

^
Lesalia
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 12:58 AM

Lesalia

Weyrling
N/A
-- --

Tenameth

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: bfkitsune

Lesalia smiled somewhat wryly at Determination. No, that's true, I didn't. But, those are good things to look for in a partner, she told it with a nod and a strong sense of approval. Yes, those were excellent qualities to look for; she thought she had such qualities, but then again she wanted to think most candidates did. If they Impressed, they'd be fighting Thread, after all, and she imagined that would take quite a bit of bravery to defend their home.

It had pulled to light some of her own traits though with its own sense of approval, and she couldn't help but smile at it again. I'm glad you think so; perhaps one of you will choose me for those, or for something else. And I'm sure you'll find your partner easily, there's plenty of good candidates around, I think. Perhaps Determination would hatch and bond to her, but perhaps not. Either way she sincerely hoped it had as little trouble finding its bonded as possible.

Mention of its siblings, however, had her thinking. This was her first time attending a touching, and she was eager to meet all of the eggs. You seem just wonderful; thanks for talking to me. I'd like to go see some of your other siblings now if you don't mind, but if you'd like I'll come back and see you again later on? Lesalia waited patiently for a response first - she felt bad enough ending the conversation early, so there was no way she'd just leave without giving it a chance to answer - before she gave the bumpy, fragile-looking shell a fond, gentle pat and moved away.

Lesalia fully intended to go see one of the eggs she hadn't seen yet, she really did, but as she passed by Audacious again she couldn't help but pause in front of it. She hadn't met all the others yet, she really should go do so, and yet--

She bent down and pressed her palm to the inky black shell instead, too drawn to the curious creature growing inside. All the others had seemed nice enough or even sweet, but Audacious had the strongest personality of all those she'd met so far. It was the most interesting, it made her curious and to want to learn more about it if she could. I came back to see you again. Would you mind having some more company? If not she could leave and go find another egg like she'd intended to -- but she hoped Audacious didn't mind.
^
Arria
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 01:13 PM

Arria

Weyrling
N/A
-- --

Daheth
#108FAB

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Tawny

The feeling of another mind digging through hers was going to take getting used to; it wasn't unpleasant, far from it, it was just strange how her own memories bubbled up at the egg's curious touch. I don't think I will return to Audacious, she confessed with a shake of her head. It was a little.... Harsh? Cruel? Arria was no sweet spring bloom but the egg had left her disquieted. I don't think I am quite what it needs, she concluded after a brief pause, though she knew Conflicted could feel her thoughts so nothing really needed to be said.

Of all of your siblings I've met I think I have felt the most connection to you and to Fateful, Arria added once she'd had time to consider it - they were very different but each intrigued her very much.
^
Moony
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 07:52 PM

Moony

Subtle As A Thunderclap
-- --

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Moony

Ceony
Conflicted roiled around Ceony’s mind, pondering her words. Yes. That’s most important. It seemed like it should be the most important thing, it had seen in so many of its visitor’s minds that they have come to it only because its egg’s shell was golden, and that must mean a golden dragon, right? It liked being called important though, and the presence around Ceony’s mind seemed to puff up just a little bit at the word. You’re important too. Just as important as me. Without candidates, what would happen to us? Conflicted may not know the exact answer to that question but it knew without a doubt that the answer amounted to ‘nothing good’.

Sarine
Balance sent Sarine a gentle sense of understanding. I think we all are, at times. There are days, things, in which you will be a teacher. And others where you will be the student. There is much room for growth, for learning. Seeming to pick up what Sarine needed, rather than giving any talks, or lessons, or anything of the sort, the presence within sent her reassurance, the feeling of support. If she was in need of someone to bare her soul to, if it would help to talk out what she felt, Balance would listen. Sarine. It mulled over the name, having picked up on the fact that she was the weyrwoman’s daughter. It assumed that was important, somehow. I like just Sarine.

Maelia
The Dreamer Egg immediately came forth to greet Maelia, welcoming the girl as if she were an old friend. Thank you for the compliment, the egg said graciously. As it settled her into that comfortable, cozy space that was its presence, the Dreamer Egg began to sift through Maelia’s mind. It didn’t get very far before it paused, its attention snagged firmly on that conversation she had had with the Trophy Egg not too long ago. It seems you had an interesting conversation with my sibling, it said, some of the warmth draining out of its voice. Do you really believe that leading people by the nose is better than teaching them how to lead, how to think, for themselves?

Miradena
There was a pleasant laugh on the wind that swirled around Miradena. It’s no bother at all. At least, not for me it isn’t. I enjoy meeting all the different minds. I fear I may not remember all of them, but I’d like to hang on to them as long as I can. There was a genuineness in the presence. It truly was enjoying meeting all the different personalities among the candidates. Too true. The prickly personalities, the differences are what make it interesting. The ability to work together, to do what’s right, no matter those differences is good, it makes us strong. Determined told her, conviction ringing through the words.

I am content, whether people pay attention or not. Doing the right thing, being someone you are proud to be, it does not depend on attention being received. What do you think, Miradena? What do you look for among all these shells, prickly and not?

Lesalia
Determined wasn’t particularly disappointed to hear that Lesalia wanted to leave and see some of it’s siblings - well, it was, but at the same time, it clearly understood, and a pleasant breeze blew around her. Come back, if you would like, Lesalia. It’s been a pleasure.

Well. This was intriguing. The Audacious Egg hadn’t been expecting any of its (admittedly few) visitors to return. The bright presence within the egg made itself known slowly again, once more luring Lesalia to it rather than the other way around. I’m surprised you came back, it said, sounding rather pleased despite itself. Audacious’s claws wrapped themselves around Lesalia’s mind almost in a caress, though this time the egg seemed to hold her at a distance, as if it were observing a rather interesting toy. Why did you?

Arria
Oh yes, Conflicted liked that. It liked the fact that she had come back to it but wouldn’t go back to one of its siblings. Being liked the best was -

Arria mentioned the Fateful Egg, and the presence within the Conflicted Egg deflated a little bit. That protective puff its storm clouds had taken on receded, replaced by a definite sulkiness. No, she didn’t like it the best. She liked it as one of the best, which was completely different and not at all preferable. Well if you like Fateful so much then why didn’t you go back to it? the egg demanded.
^
Miradena
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 08:55 PM

Miradena

Weyrling
N/A
-- --

Simkyth
#1443BC

Profile | Plotpage

Determined seemed to share in that this was a new and for them at least a once in a lifetime experience. Even if more hatchings came after this the eggs would be different then too, so in that it held true for the candidates as well. But once one bonded it would be the same mind to which you stayed.

I hope to remember all of you for at least some time yet, but there are fewer of you to meet than there are of us. I imagine that makes it easier.

As did the fact that human minds held on to memories longer, and that may have been even more true of a still developing mind than that of a fully grown dragon.

All have their place, even if it isn't one that takes them into the air. Though that is something all of you share here. As will those you ultimately choose. If all of us were the same there may be none to lead or too many that wish to.

She gave some thought to the question of what she was looking for. The answers she had given the others still held true, she sought to know where she would fit into this new Weyr. Even if it was only going to be in the infirmary. She understood fully that the lack of attention did not make you more or less important in the grand scheme of things. She had never been one to seek it out, the quiet girl in the corner of the small group of friends. She was not shy as Ceony was and would happily voice an opinion if asked but she was content just being included most times.

I look to see if my place will be among those in the sky or not. I also seek to learn all that I can, both about those here and myself. I believe the questions you give us to think on helps with that.

No matter how hard some of those questions may be for some. But she knew she could be proud of the work she did helping the dragons when they were injured. Even as she knew she had much growth to do in that respect as well, much as Dreamer had pointed out.
^
Lesalia
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 11:17 PM

Lesalia

Weyrling
N/A
-- --

Tenameth

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: bfkitsune

It pleased her to know Determined wanted her to come back, and she made a mental note to try to do so.

Once again the Audacious egg led her further into its space, but unlike last time, Lesalia did so with much less wariness and much more curiosity -- and without any sort of headache. The mental claws felt gentle for now, though Lesalia wasn't under any illusion that they'd stay that way. I take it you haven't gotten many second-timers then? Given Audacious's rather sharp and almost intimidating personality the first time she'd met it, maybe that shouldn't have been too surprising. It made her feel a bit bad for it though.

I came back because you're the most interesting egg I've met so far, she told it honestly. Being in her head as it was, it could probably easily see which of its siblings she'd spoken to, so she didn't bother to waste time talking about them. Audacious didn't seem like the type to want to spend much time talking about its siblings, anyway. The others I've met are nice enough, some of them are sweet even, but, and then she gave it the mental equivalent of a shrug. She'd enjoyed speaking to them, of course, and being nice or sweet were good things, but none of them caught her attention quite like Audacious did.
^
Ceony
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 12:37 AM

Ceony

Weyrling
Knowledge & Dreams
-- --

Rekenth

Profile | Plotpage

When you hatch, everyone will understand how important you are, Ceony promised, running her hands over Conflicted's shell. I'll be sure to support you no matter what the color of your hide is. You can count on that. That was another promise, and she let it feel her determination and the truth of her words. Even if Conflicted was not the dragon's choice, she would be here for it.

Her heart warmed as the dragonet continued. And without dragons, what happens to Pern? Her voice was affectionate then, and she sent waves of it to Conflicted. We need each other, all of us. We're best when we're together. Dragons and riders were meant for one another, Ceony thought.

And Conflicted was right. Without each other, it's really not good at all, she agreed, grinning down at the egg.
^
Lorux
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 04:02 AM

Lorux

Candidate
Scrappy and Hungry
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Tawny

//Yep!// Lorux thought happily to hidden //you can have loads of visitors! I bet you will before the Touching's done too.// He liked this one already, he remembered his first Touching when he'd hardly been able to believe he was allowed on the sands to meet all of the amazing eggs.

//It's exhausting but I love it,// Lorux continued with a grin and a flare of excitement. //Never stops amazing me how different and bright all of you are, so it's worth ending the day passed out on my bunk still dressed for.//
^
prongs
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 10:30 PM

prongs

Member+
Captain Red Pen
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: prongs

Miradena
The cool breeze that moved through and around Miradena was refreshing, pleased with her answers to what the presence within had asked her. Your place is in that sky. It told her, a certainty in it’s voice. You stand on the sands, you speak with my siblings and I. Even if not all of them will speak with you. That means that eventually, your place will be in the sky. Perhaps Determined did not have the best memory. But this, it would try and remember. Every role, even the smallest ones, the ones who do not get attention or listen in the corner, is important. They all support each other.

There was a gentle, approving amusement from the egg. Well, Miradena. If you seek to learn, to improve, to fly and fight… You have come to the right place.

Lesalia
The Audacious Egg seemed calmly taken aback by Lesalia’s words. It was not used to the idea of someone liking it best, though it supposed that someone would have to like it best - its partner would have to, after all. Even though I gave you a headache, Audacious murmured, its claws tightening with frightening speed around Lesalia’s mind. No more gentle caresses for the moment. Even though I scared one of your fellow hopefuls? You still come back to this egg and tell me you find me the most interesting egg you’ve visited?

It was an intriguing idea, and one that the Audacious Egg was more than happy to be talked into believing. So it loosened its grip ever so slightly. Very well. You may stay.

Ceony
Oh it liked that. It liked the idea of being important, and of everyone knowing how important it was. Its mind roiled around Ceony’s as it considered her words. The people didn’t just want dragons, they needed them, which was why the candidates were there in the first place. That made sense to Conflicted. Well you can stay and talk as long as you like, the egg said shyly. And we can be together for a while! At least until the hatching, it added. It didn’t know if Ceony was its partner or not, or if that was one of the other candidates, but it certainly didn’t mind spending more time with her.

Lorux
Hidden’s sparkling presence seemed to freeze in awe for a moment. It could have multiple visitors? No, Lorux had said loads! That meant a lot! Hidden’s presence began to move again, swirling and twirling like light through a canopy while the wind was blowing. Well I love it too! It gets so lonely in here all by myself. But you should take better care of yourself! At least get undressed before you collapse into bed. The egg paused and considered something for a moment. Or do you always sleep fully dressed? Is that normal?
📧
^
Miradena
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 11:17 PM

Miradena

Weyrling
N/A
-- --

Simkyth
#1443BC

Profile | Plotpage

It was nice that one of them was so certain of what the future would hold. While that may or not be the case, with this or any other hatching none really had any way to know, as even one so self assured as Determined couldn't see into the future. Not that Mira didn't hope this one was correct.

And I wouldn't trade meeting any of you. It has been a pleasure as well as a truly enlightening experience.

Determined was right in that every role was important, both in the sky and in the Weyr itself. One would not function well without the other. Mira may not have made it to all she had intended before this touching ending, but it was enough. She had met with some that had made a difference, at least in her thoughts. That was important, would so much have come from it had it not made her think of how she too had to grow from this.

There is always room to improve, no reason not to keep trying.

A fond pat was given to the shell as it was called that the time was up.

It seems as if our time is up. We will see you when you hatch, I hope you and your siblings find everything you seek that day. Now you just have to grow strong so you are as ready to meet everyone out here as they are to meet you.

And with that she stood to make her way from the sands. As she passes she made sure to have feelings of warm wishes in her mind to all the eggs, whether she had spoken to them or not. They were all important and they needed to know that, just as they needed to know they were all wanted. She couldn't wait to see how this hatching went. They were always exciting to watch but this would be the first that she was actually involved in and whether impression was for her or not that day it would make for an interesting afternoon.
^
Ceony
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 12:45 AM

Ceony

Weyrling
Knowledge & Dreams
-- --

Rekenth

Profile | Plotpage

Ceony beamed. Yes, I want to stay here with you awhile, she told Conflicted. At least, for as long as they'll let me. She knew that soon the Candidate masters would drag them away, and Ceony found she did not want to go, even if touchings were always more exhausted than she remembered them to be.

But it wasn't very exhausting with Conflicted, and she was happy to chatter away with it while she waited for the other candidates to finish their own conversations. It would be hard to wait to meet Conflicted for real, when it was out of the shell and looking for its partner, but she knew it still needed time to grow.

Eventually the call came, and Ceony patted the egg one last time. We'll see each other again soon, she promised. Whether or not it was the dragon who would choose her, she would be waiting to greet it when the time came.

But for now, she had to leave it to its mother, and she patted the egg one last time, whispered "goodbye," and allowed herself to be ushered off the sands.

They'd meet again soon, and Ceony would be looking forward to it.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Pages: (6) « First ... 4 5 6 
Closed
Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Dear guests and new members: Cbox is to the right!
We also have Discord Chat - To join, please click here.

'Sirocco' based on Alpha 2.0 by gunblaza. Coded by Capricorn for Sirocco Weyr
Forum Topsites, Rankings & Listings. Please Click to Vote Here!
TopRPSites RPGfix Pernese Online Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons
Online Communities
Pernese Online Caution to the Wind roleplay ads RPG-D RPGfix RPG Initiative
Affiliates
Southern Winds Weyr Fortune Favors the Brave