Pages: (8) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

The Rules Of Courtship, [514.6.2] For Ilha/Tawny
Jassara
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 04:09 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: prongs

Jassara was not a person who was known for her patience, but she'd been patient - she felt - remarkably patient these past several months when it came to her relationship with Red. Not only because weyrlinghood required their being sneaky about it, but because Red was worth it, and because she needed a bit of patience for herself as well. She'd never done romance after all and she'd needed to learn the ropes of it as much as Red had.

But now, with this one thing, she couldn't be patient. Because it would take time and effort and careful thought and she needed to get the jump on it now. It would be a little bit like pulling a prank as well, something she was looking forward to immensely, because she couldn't see Red expecting it at all.

Masalath, Jassara would like to know if Ilharen would come for a visit, the bronze called. His cold voice sounded, shockingly enough, a bit lazy. He'd sprawled himself out on his ledge and had been baking quite nicely, but if they were about to have company then he needed to move. The bronze stood up and stretched, extending his wings out before smartly snapping them closed.

Once Margoth had cozied himself back up in his wallow Jass busied herself with getting refreshments together. Masalath hadn't answered yet but it gave her something to do with her hands, which helped her control her nerves a bit.
📧
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 05:54 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Tawny

After the Fall, and after some time with H'win after the Fall, Ilharen had been grateful to strip and collapse onto his bed; the Fall had been tough, he hurt, but it was over and nobody in Beta or Delta had been badly hurt. He had been on the point of dozing off when Masalath reached out to him, and honestly he wasn't at all inclined to move but he hated to disappoint friends and so he silently sent a feeling of agreement and heaved himself upright.

We'll be right there, Ilha just needs to get changed, Masalath sent to the younger dragon along with a warm vibrant feeling of affection.

Ilharen meanwhile found a casual knee-length robe in navy blue, slid his arms into it, and fastened it around his waist; any clothes beyond that seemed like too much effort. Moving with slow, careful grace he climbed up onto Masalath's back and - accompanied by Amber and Harmony - they made the ascent to the weyrling weyrs.

Masalath touched down lightly and rumbled deep in his chest, sending out a feeling of warmth and affection at the same time. Here we are!

Yes, here they were. Masalath lay flat for him and Ilharen slid to the ground with the minimum of discomfort; Harmony soon landed on his shoulders and Amber landed by his feet and rubbed against his legs, each of them earning a feeling of affection as he headed barefoot across the ledge.

"Hey Jass, how's hunting?" Ladijath wasn't about, did that mean no Red too?
^
Jassara
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 06:24 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

The sound of footsteps and Margoth's rumble of greeting made Jass look up from her preparations. There was jerky and juice and a bit of sweet pastry gathered on her little table, and even a meatroll or two. "Scarce," she said, laughing as she looked down at her findings. "The lower caverns wouldn't let me scavenge much earlier, and I have to steal jerky from Red so..." Jass let that sentence trail off as she grinned at Ilha. Both of them knew how Red was about food, after all.

"Thank you for coming," she added. He looked exhausted, and like he'd just pulled himself out of bed. If he was tired she wished he would have just said he'd come another time. He needed to rest, and Red would kill her if he found out she'd dragged Ilha over to her weyr right after a Fall.

Oh well. Jass let Ilha settle himself in and then plopped herself in the free chair, a piece of jerky in her hand. She sat there quietly for a moment - a sure sign that something was up - and then smiled a bit. "I need to ask you a question about Red," she said finally.
📧
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 06:37 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

"Is it?" Ilharen smiled; the expression was soft but playful. "Y'know if y're ever hungry y'can send a message t'Pa, y'll have a wing of firelizard bearing gifts before y'can sneeze." His Pa did love to feed people, especially family and Jass was definitely family by now.

As Ilharen sat down and crossed one leg over the other Amber hopped up into his lap and crooned; he started to stroke her of course, and leaned his head closer to Harmony as she gave him an extra nuzzle to remind him she was here as well. "Always glad t'see you Jass, what's biting then?" Something about Red? He didn't feel like it was something bad, but something important perhaps? Ilharen smoothed a hand back over his loose, somewhat dishevelled hair and watched Jassara with his head cocked curiously to one side; a visible question-mark.
^
Jassara
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 06:44 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

"I know," she assured him with a smile. "If it ever comes down to it I won't hesitate to ask him." But she wasn't going to ask Ilinar to send a phalanx of firelizards with food items just for this little meeting with Ilharen.

Jass considered him again, her dark eyes inscrutable as she tried to figure out where to start. "Ages ago, before...y'know, Red and I talked about how courtship goes among the Daghar." Her smile turned sly and knowing as she glanced at Ilha. "Teeth and claws are given as courtship gifts, or so I hear. Doesn't H'win sport one of those?" she asked, her eyes dancing innocently.

Hm. Red had never given her anything like that, unless the feline pelt counted. Should she be worried about that? The thought was dismissed almost as soon as it occurred to her. At this point if anyone doubted how Red felt about her they were blind and had no attention span to speak of. "But we talked about the baskets too. The ones that say you're practically married, if I'm remembering correctly."

She bit down on the jerky in her hands and chewed thoughtfully. "He asked me if I wanted to share a weyr with him after we graduate," she said softly, her entire face lighting up at the memory.
📧
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 07:00 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Course she knew that; Ilharen crinkled his nose fondly at Jassara and nodded. "Best used with caution, I once asked him f'a snack after a feast and got half a caprine." That had been a snack with H'win though and so all of it had gone without trouble between them.

"Ohh." And now Ilharen glanced away and laughed a bit awkwardly as colour rose to his cheeks. "That ah.... Yeah. Teeth, not claws s'much, but definitely teeth from a hunter yeah. That wasn't really fair of me, H'win didn't know what he was accepting." He'd known it was significant and loving but he hadn't known how for quite some time; Ilharen still felt a little guilty for the deceit and rubbed the silver band around his left ring finger with the thumb of the same hand to ease the sensation, all was well now and that was what mattered most...

Uhh....

Yes, baskets, and so on.

But; "What?" Ilharen blinked and sat forward a little. He'd heard her quite well but; "Really?" And slowly his expression of disbelief started to morph into a grin.
^
Jassara
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 07:18 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

She laughed and shook her head. "I learned that the last time I wrote and asked him for food," she said. "I asked for a few things for that party we threw for me and you a while ago and I feel like I sent enough to feed an entire hold."

Jass nodded once in acceptance of Ilha's correction. Teeth, that was right - she didn't know where she'd gotten claws from. It didn't surprise her that H'win hadn't known what Ilharen was giving him. All of the drama between them over Ilharen's reveal of his feelings had said as much. She kept her thoughts on that to herself though and watched quietly as Ilharen worked through his own thoughts.

The disbelief on his face would have stung slightly had she not known about Red's lie and Ilharen's unwavering belief in it. "Really," she confirmed with a nod and her own grin. "We left the hatching feast early and spent time here, and..." she lifted one shoulder and beamed at him. "Which is wonderful, and of course I said yes."

But.

Her teeth sank into her lower lip as she poked around for the right words. "But that's kind of the northern way of doing it, isn't it? And the baskets, that's the southern way."
📧
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 07:25 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Jass said 'of course' as thought it was so easy!... But maybe it was that easy between her and Red, they always looked easy around one another. "Well come and hug me then!" Ilharen exclaimed when his mouth caught up with his brain; he gestured at Amber as he spoke and added; "I'd come hug you but I'm covered in firelizard. Hugs first, then talk." It was not only that easy, but that serious? He'd known they were a Thing of course, that had taken a while to get his head around given what he'd always thought he knew but he had and now.... And now just a few months later they'd decided to share a weyr. He wished things could be that easy for him, but 'him' was the last person he needed to be thinking about now and so he shoved the selfish thought firmly aside as he held his arms out to Jassara.
^
Jassara
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 07:31 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Amber! Jass had been so preoccupied and nervous that she'd managed to miss the gold firelizard that had come in with Ilharen. And if the gold was with Ilha he must have been worse off than she'd thought. Concern had two seconds to take root before she realized that Amber could tell Red what she was talking to Ilharen about! Shards

She got out of her chair and walked over to Ilha, bending down to wrap him in a careful but fierce hug. After a moment or so she pulled away and, laughing, gave Amber a scratch. "Not a word of this to Red, you hear?" she told the gold. Amber got another scratch before Jass settled herself on the floor next to Ilha and braced her chin on the arm of the chair.

"I want to do this right, Ilha. It's important to me," she said softly. "And we haven't talked about it but I think it's important to him too."
📧
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 07:38 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Amber blinked at Jassara, rubbed her face against her fingers and said; 'Rrrp!', which might have been a promise or might just had been a cute firelizard noise. She wasn't paying attention to the words anyway, only to cuddles.

Ilharen returned the hug just as tightly and smiled down at Jassara as she settled on the floor. "Yeah, it would be important to him," he agreed with a slight nod, taking the chance to smooth Jassara's hair seen as she was so close. Weyrmates and that kind of commitment were not necessarily one and the same but Red didn't tend to do things by halves, either he meant it or he didn't and he'd asked Jass so he must mean it.

"Baskets," Ilharen stated with a slight nod. "What's he said already? What d'you want t'know?"
^
Jassara
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 07:45 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Jass didn't mind the comforting gesture, because her nerves were running on overdrive at the moment. She knew that this was a big conversation. Probably a bigger conversation than the one she'd had with Red about being weyrmates. And yet... it was scary, and it was huge, but it felt right. The impulse felt good, and Jass wasn't in the habit of ignoring her impulses.

"Red told me that they basically mean marriage," she said, tilting her head to the side a bit as she thought. "That you put things in the basket that mean something to both of you, and then you get sneaky and hide it in the other person's home. If they reciprocate then they give you a similar basket in turn."

That conversation had happened months and months ago. A lot had happened since then, so it was entirely possible that she wasn't remembering things correctly or she'd gotten details mixed up.
📧
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 08:12 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

"That's about right." Ilharen nodded at Jassara and squeezed her shoulder, a small disbelieving smile still playing on his lips. This soon? It was stupid and reckless to make such a commitment so quickly - it was something he would do - and in a couple of months or whenever everything seemed settled he'd very much enjoy teasing Red gently about that. Cloud-head, was it? Ha!

"It's like... well, like northerns give a ring yeah?" Ilharen resisted the urge to look at his own hand. "So we usually give a basket; it's a statement of intent for the future, a way to express how much somebody means t'you, and a chance t'show how well you know them. If y're a hunter a trophy like a prize fang's part of the package; says you mean to protect your partner in life. Fangs're never bought and sold only gifted, y'can give the smaller teeth to friends - and they might work them into crafts and sell - but the big teeth," he shook his head, "y'wear them y'self, or gift them to a lover y'want to spend your life with."
^
Jassara
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 08:23 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Ilharen might have managed to not look at the ring on his hand but Jass gave it a very pointed stare. Was that where Ilha and H'win were, then? And in that short a span of time? Six months ago the two had just been getting back to their feet after H'win's, ah, reaction had knocked them down. Then again they'd been friends for quite some time before that so what did Jass know?

"Well I'm fresh out of fangs," she said, sounding a bit concerned about that. "And I sure as shards plan on protecting Red." Were fangs the only way to demonstrate that? Maybe she could draw a fang? No, she was shite at drawing. She could write him a song about a fang, perhaps. Red had a necklace full of fangs already and had the skills to get more if he wanted them. He probably didn't need a fang from her either.

Shells and shards. Was she overthinking this? She was probably overthinking this. "I don't think they make a basket big enough to fit all of the things I'd know to put in the basket for Red," she said with a slight frown. How did you fit a spear into a basket?
📧
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 08:44 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Ilharen caught the look, smiled softly and shrugged but didn't say anything; they could talk about him another time if Jass wanted to.

"Y'don't need a fang," he said with a shake of his head and a wave of his hand. "It's just a hunter thing. What y'need is this." Ilharen held up four fingers and began to count off the points with; "Firstly food; something staple like bread and something they like best, that gift says y'll provide for and support them as they will you and that y'know their tastes. Then there's specifics t'who you are, so fangs from a hunter, a bolt of beautiful cloth from a weaver, perhaps a beautiful knife or tool from a smith; if y've more than one talent y'can put more than one thing in but the aim's not to load it down it's ah...." Ilharen paused for a moment and made a thoughtful noise. "It's simplicity I suppose, it's as small as three words are but made as large as they can be by the perfect way you picked the gifts. Last two things in the basket are something special to the person it's for like," Ilharen gestured vaguely, "mebbe if it was f'me somebody would give me things f'my hair. The last thing should be something special and secret between the two of you, a special memory captured or a special hope f'the future."

It was a very involved thing, it took a lot of thought and planning and... Yeah. It was romantic. He'd always wondered what somebody would give to him, and he wondered now if he'd ever find out. Something for his hair? Would he really be happy if he was given that? He honestly didn't know one way or the other.
^
Jassara
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 08:55 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Food. She could do food. As Ilharen began to talk and list things off she felt her nerves settle. All of the things that were supposed to be in the basket were things that she could come up with easily. Why had she panicked? She knew Red, and she knew herself, and she knew them. She had this. "My skills aren't tangible," she told him, smiling slightly. "Unless I put knitting needles in there. Which..." A slow, mischievous grin spread across her face. Hadn't she and Red just talked about knitting?

Yeah. Knitting needles might work fine.

The big thing, though, the secret gift - she already knew what she would do for that one. That had been the one and only basket item she'd been sure of going into this conversation, and she was glad it would still work. "I can do all of that," she said, giving Ilharen a brilliant smile. "Though I might need to write to your da about food after all. Not yet though - I've got time."

Seven months, to be exact. Seven months to get this basket perfect.

Jass suddenly wrinkled her nose at Ilharen. "I'm going to have to be patient about this, aren't I?" she asked, sounding both amused and nettled at the same time. Always with the patience!
📧
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 03:52 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

"Patient?" Ilharen's smile turned quizzical and he cocked his head at Jassara. "While y'figure out what t'put in sure but there's no rules f'waiting after that, he's got his own place now after all." Was being in the barracks like living with parents?... Probably, sort of, and he certainly couldn't imagine doing something so personal somewhere so public.

That aside though; "Knitting needles sound great," Ilharen agreed eagerly, excitement working its way back into his usually rather even tones, "and if y'want t'capture something less tangible y'could write it down, draw it, or represent it with another thing - symbolism yeah?" It was a little tempting to start throwing out ideas but this was Jassara's thing to do, she didn't need his help on saying how she felt.

"Ask Pa about a fancy basket while y're at it too," Ilharen added as the thought occurred to him. "Pretty colours and patterns get used a lot, again should be something that either y'think they'd like or that reminds you of them." Red might actually like a fairly plain basket, but he suspected that even his ever-practical brother would like one that was a little special even if it was just a nice pattern in different naturally coloured grasses or something.
^
Jassara
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 05:59 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

For a moment she considered it. There was a good chance that if she wrote to Ilinar that day and then had Eris deliver the letter she could have a basket filled and ready to go within the week. But...no. They’d just had the weyrmate talk, and that was a big enough commitment to chew on for the moment. Plus she wanted everything to be right, and that would take time. Red was worth the time. “I don’t know, it seems like the thing to do after graduation yeah? Although I couldn’t be very sneaky about leaving him a basket if we live in the same weyr...”

She smiled up at Ilha then, pleased to see him so excited about the idea. “I could, and I have just the thing for that.” Her smile turned secretive - clearly she wouldn’t be telling him what it was.

“Something that’s super decorated isn’t very Red,” she added with a shake of her head. “I don’t want to him something plain but I don’t want it to be too much either. I’ll write to your da and ask him if there are any around that might do.” That was another reason to wait a bit - if she did this after they were allowed to go places, she could get Ilha to chaperone a trip to Junglehold so she could pick a basket on her own.

“I’m excited and also terrified. What if I get it wrong, or he feels like I missed something or don’t know him all that well?”
📧
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 06:16 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Hearing that Jassara wanted to wait for something was a bit of a surprise, but it was a good surprise. Some things were worth waiting for. "I'm sure y'll figure something out, and if y'need him distracted so you can plant it I can do that," Ilharen said, squeezing Jassara's shoulder as he spoke and shaking his head a bit. "And y'won't mess it up because you do know him. Trust y'self Jass, y've already got some great ideas and months more t'think about it. Y'll get it right, I'm sure of it," he concluded with soft sincerity.
^
Jassara
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 06:40 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Jass smiled up at him and squeezed his knee gently. "When the time comes I might take you up on that, but I don't think we have to worry about it just yet." She laughed and shook her head, climbing to her feet. "The first thing we have to get through is manned flight, and then Ladijath's flight, and then graduation and moving in together."

Faranth, there was a lot going on wasn't there? "How are you doing?" she asked, turning and giving his ring another pointed look.
📧
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 07:02 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

And between training, and firestone drills, and ferrying stone to the wings, and their first Fall.... He could still remember Pheruth's scream clear as though it rang in his mind now, and the horrible wrenching grief from Masalath when she'd vanished never to return. Their lives were so precarious, they might not even see graduation, or he might not live to see them take on those knots and join the wings. He was hopeful on the whole but sometimes it was hard not to think about all of those what if's.

"Right," Ilharen agreed, the sombre expression he'd worn for a few moments melting away under another warm smile. "One step at a time, yeah? Y've plenty to keep you busy and y've come a long way already, Margoth's growing into a fine dragon." He was still small for a bronze and probably always would be so one day Jass would probably fly a similar position to him which was a nice thought.

When Jassara looked at his ring again Ilharen's warm smile went perhaps just a fraction silly and he laughed briefly. "On this front?" he waggled his finger. "Good, very good. We had a great time last night and.... Yeah." Ilharen shrugged in lieu of more words, which he seemed to have run out of for the time being. He knew Jassara didn't like H'win, maybe she never would and maybe H'win would never like her but they'd not fought at the feast or anything and he took that as a positive step.
^
Red
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 07:35 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

Even after confirming that Ilha and Masalath were in once piece after the Fall he hadn't been able to relax, and so he'd gone to the training grounds to work off the pent up tension. As he sparred and spent some time on weights the anxiety eased, and he'd spent a peaceful quarter hour or so watching Ladijath glide and swoop in the warm air. After that and a quick visit to the baths he was feeling himself again as he wandered up to Jassara's door and knocked, Ladijath was dozing and he wasn't going to rouse her just to ask her to announce his presence. He should probably more than just knock though and so he added; "Hey." If she was in he'd get an answer and maybe they could drum for a bit, if she wasn't he'd head back to his own weyr and work on his practice flight straps in readiness for the next time Tess would want to check their progress towards a final set for their first flight lessons.
^
Jassara
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 07:42 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Her eyes narrowed just slightly as she took in the range of emotions that crossed Ilharen's face. Where had his mind gone just then? His smile had gone a reassuring shade of goofy when he started to talk about H'win, and Jass's eyes relaxed a bit as she smiled back at him. "Good," she said. "That's good." She herself didn't like the bluerider but Ilharen was over the moons about him, and that was all that mattered. So long as the two of them were good, she was good.

And Ilharen didn't look like a hollowed out shell like he had nine months prior, so that was wonderful.

Jassara opened her mouth to ask him more about H'win - having promptly tossed her promise not to poke into it off the weyr ledge - when someone knocked on her door. Her head swung around as she regarded the door in confusion for a moment before striding towards it. The 'hey' clued her in to who it was on the other side, and joy and terror flowed through her.

Ilharen - casually robed Ilharen - was hanging out in her weyr. On a Fall day. How would she explain this? Before she had an answer to that question she pulled open the door and beamed at Red. "Hey! Come on in," she said, stepping out of the way and gesturing for him to enter.

Nope. Nothing to hide, nothing was going on, everything was perfectly normal.
📧
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 02:17 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Red was here; of course Red was here, it had only been a matter of time before he appeared. Ilharen wondered briefly if he had time to flee, but being caught fleeing would imply they'd been doing something wrong which they hadn't. Red couldn't find out what they had been doing though and as he door opened Ilharen's mind was already busily seeking a convenient lie, he didn't do it very often but now seemed like a very reasonable time to be very conservative with the truth.

"A'right?" he smiled at Red as he entered the small weyr and made a gesture in his general direction. "Been t'the baths?"
^
Red
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 02:32 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

Jassara's weyr contained an unexpected occupant; Red frowned at Ilharen in a puzzled manner as he stepped inside. "What're you doing here?" he asked as he silently greeted Jassara with a squeeze to her shoulder. It wasn't unusual for Ilha to visit but it was unusual to see him looking like he'd just dragged himself out of bed, slightly dishevelled hair and all.

Ilharen crinkled his nose at him fondly and replied; "What am I doing here? I love you too Red."

Red snorted, shook his head, and waited for a sensible answer from one or other of them.
^
Jassara
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 02:40 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Jass shut the door behind Red and smiled at him, reaching up to gently squeeze his forearm in a return greeting. “Margoth wanted to see Masalath,” she said smoothly, pulling Red’s hand off her shoulder as she spoke. Jass linked her fingers with his and tugged him deeper into the weyr. Just pretend like everything was fine and good and go with it. Don’t think about the fact that he can usually tell when you’re being fast and loose with the truth.

Luckily though a glance into Margoth’s part of the weyr showed that her bronze, at least, was playing along. He’d moved until he was partially out on the ledge and as snuggled up with Masalath as possible. “Ladijath can come snuggle up with them too, if she wants. There’s plenty of room.”

She grinned and picked up a piece of jerky, saluting her two visitors with it before shoving the whole thing in her mouth. If she couldn’t talk she couldn’t say something that would mess the lie up.
📧
^
Red
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 03:03 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

Red arched an eyebrow and said; "Right," in tones that stated disbelief not necessarily in Jassara's statement but definitely her intent. He squeezed her hand anyway though and let her lead him over to the table as he pondered what the pair of them might be scheming at, it wasn't his birthday or anything so it couldn't be that.

As he reached the table Red stopped and gave Jass' hand another squeeze before releasing her and bending to kiss the top of his brother's head, it wasn't lost on him that Amber was sitting in his lap but he wasn't going to mention it. "Ladi's sleeping," he said as he stooped further, lifted Ilharen into his arms - the dwt laughed briefly - sat down in the chair he'd been occupying and then set him down neatly in his lap all without disturbing Amber.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 03:08 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Ilharen leaned into Red's affectionate greeting and had been about to reply to his obvious mistrust when Red scooped him up in a motion that made him laugh, took the chair, and then sat him sideways in his lap. "Are y'sure the chair can take both of us?" he asked, eyes twinkling with conspiratorial amusement over at Jassara as he leaned his head comfortably on Red's shoulder. "Because if it can't, I'm just saying that you're not the one who'll get surprise firelizard claws in the cock when it all falls apart." If he could divert Red with this line of conversation then maybe he'd forget the slight oddness of the scene he'd walked into to begin with.
^
Jassara
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 03:22 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

In response to Red’s disbelieving tone Jass pushed the jerky into her cheeks so the bulged and crossed her eyes at him. It was difficult to keep from laughing but in the interest of not spraying jerky everywhere, she managed. When the jerky had safely been swallowed she grinned at both Red and Ilha and settled into her own chair. “Well then let’s not disturb her,” she said cheerfully.

She had just taken a drink of her juice when Ilha spoke. Unfortunately, this time she wasn’t so lucky and couldn’t hold back her laughter. Laughter that caused fruit juice to not only spray out of her mouth but to come out of her nose, which added a pained note to her laughter. “No, I imagine no one wants claws in the cock,” she managed, getting up and grabbing something to wipe her face off with.

“The chair will hold you,” she said with another laugh. “We’ve piled multiple people on it at once before and it didn’t break, so you’re safe.” Face now suitably clean - though her nose was burning, stupid juice - she set about cleaning up the rest of her mess. “You can plop on my bed for a while if the two of you like,” she added.

Ilha looked exhausted and she knew Fall days were stressful for Red, so it seemed like a polite offer.
📧
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 04:30 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

"Ah, sorry!" Ilharen looked apologetic as Jassara exploded in juice and made to get up to help, but then he remembered the firelizard in his lap and Red's heavy arm around him didn't encourage movement either. "Not claws in the cock or juice up the nose," he continued sheepishly as he settled back again. "Even if the chair is sturdy though I might take you up on that in a spell, the Fall was a bit wearing." They were always tough and always had been but it was tougher after them now than it had been this time last turn.
^
Red
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 04:32 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

If he hadn't had Ilha sitting on him he would've gone to help himself, but as he did he focused his efforts on stopping his brother from making any. "Yeah, mebbe," he agreed, though his mind wasn't so much as a comfortable lie down as it was on; "Y'alright?" She looked as though she'd taken it in good humour but he knew how stupid and awful he'd feel if he'd just sprayed juice everywhere so he still felt compelled to ask.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Pages: (8) 1 2 3 ... Last » Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Dear guests and new members: Cbox is to the right!
We also have Discord Chat - To join, please click here.

'Sirocco' based on Alpha 2.0 by gunblaza. Coded by Capricorn for Sirocco Weyr
Forum Topsites, Rankings & Listings. Please Click to Vote Here!
Pernese Online Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons
Online Communities
RPG-D Ruby Wings ListingsNerd ListingsRPG Initiative
Affiliates
Southern Winds Weyr Fortune Favors the Brave