H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Zahhy

H'win bent over the small hand mirror inspecting his most recent shave. He checked for any wayward blond hairs that might catch the light turning his chin this way and that. Setting the mirror down carefully, H'win turned to Beramoth, straightening with a sincere sense of determination.

"This is it." H'win said, his voice cracking a little with the nervousness in his guts. Beramoth swung his head around and blinked the inner and the outer lids of his eyes at his rider.

Is it? Beramoth's voice in H'win's mind was incredulous. How many times had H'win convinced himself that he could actually voice his true feelings to Ilharen? The dragon still thought it ill-advised to be so forthcoming, but H'win brushed the aloofness of his dragon away with a snap of his fingers.

"Yes! It is." H'win was resolute. He didn't have a habit of sharing his feelings, not his true ones anyway, but today he and Ilharen would be adventuring. It gave Ilharen the perfect opportunity to think on all of the things H'win wanted to say, while also not having to actually talk to him.

Are you certain you've thought about it enough?
Beramoth's tone shifted to intense concern and H'win almost laughed at the offensiveness of the fake interest.

"I've thought about it enough. Hail Masalath will you?" The bluerider straightened his riding jacket and stood to wait while fidgeting with his clothes. Beramoth's voice reached out to Masalath, the friendly cool tones apologetic.

Masalath, good morning! I apologize the sun has yet to properly rise, but H'win is insistent that we be out before the day gets too hot. Are you and Ilharen both ready?
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 03:45 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Tawny

Ilharen had been looking forward to today since they'd made the plan, he always did. While H'win was checking his shaving job Ilharen was checking he'd pinned his hair up properly, it'd get flattened and scruffled under his helmet before long but he wanted to at least start the day without any fly-aways. If they hadn't been off flying he would've left it loose, but perhaps there'd be time for that when they made a stop somewhere.

Good morning Beramoth, yes we're ready! Masalath called, his voice as bright and warm as the sun that was beginning to peek over the horizon. Ilha has just put on my harness, we need to drop down to the lower caverns entrance to pick up the provisions but that will only take a few moments. I can't wait to get going!

As his dragon spoke Ilharen climbed up onto his back and grasped the harness, though he didn't fasten it for the quick descent to the ground.
^
H'win
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 01:14 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

Beramoth leaned down, indicating that he and Masalath were ready. H'win clambered quickly atop the blue, it was a well-practiced motion by now and took him no time at all to strap in. Giving his dragon the go signal the two fell off of their ledge. Beramoth dove toward the lower cavern entrance after Masalath and he replied to the brown.

We will meet you down there. H'win has something he wants to say before we go. There was a slightly humorous note to Beramoth's cool and velvety voice, a secret gift he offered Masalath to tip them off. The blue found his rider's plan to be dramatic, even for them and his tone indicated so in an apologetic way.

At the last possible moment, Beramoth threw out his wings to landed at the mouth of the cavern with Masalath. H'win hastily unclipped himself, dissy from more than just the sudden nose-dive they had pulled off. Climbing down, H'win stood next to Beramoth to impatiently, but politely wait for Ilharen to retrieve the promised provisions. He pulled his helmet off to run his fingers through his hair. H'win hadn't bothered making it up today, so it stuck in all directions, the curls uninhibited by the helmet.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 03:19 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Is that so? Masalath replied, his warm amusement casting a friendly contrast to the cool tones of Beramoth. I look forward to finding out what it is! It sounded as though it was going to be something interesting, a suggestion for their trip perhaps? He'd soon find out one way or the other and so would Ilha; while he didn't share exactly what Beramoth had said to him he did pass on to his rider that the pair would be joining them on ground level.

"Humm?" Having collected the two bags of supplies Ilharen turned to watch as Beramoth approached in a steep dive and a slow fond smile spread across his face as the blue grew ever closer to the ground; show offs.

As Beramoth touched down in a flurry of dust and H'win jumped to the ground Ilharen headed over to meet them with the bags over one shoulder and his helmet held in the same hand, his small warm smile still in place. "Nice landing," he greeted, smoothing his free hand back over his braided crown of hair as he watched H'win comb his fingers through his own. "Y'both well t'day? Ready for adventure?" H'win certainly looked well, and messy hair suited him. Styled, neat hair also suited him.

Basically you just like looking at him, Masalath teased fondly as he moved to greet Beramoth with a friendly nudge.

Well, there is that. No point in lying to your own dragon!
^
H'win
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 05:19 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

Their landing was flawless, as was Beramoth's way, but H'win made what should have been a smooth entrance tense as he stood stiff and uncomfortable just staring at Ilharen. H'win felt his breath catch, and his heart leap at the sight of his friend and it froze him in place.

Beramoth, unable to stand the awkwardness, rumbled a happy greeting and pretended as if he wasn't as pleased to see Masalath as he really was. The blue adored the brown, and he might not voice it, but he rubbed his face snout to head-knob on the brown's neck in a sign of affection.

"Thanks." H'win finally said and he stepped forward, offering his hand out to take one of the bags of supplies from Ilharen.

"We're very well, thank you... and ye know I'm always ready for adventure." The beginning of the greeting came out unconsciously in H'win's polite and lordly tone, the one he used when he was nervous and needed to fall back on something. The bluerider caught himself though and offered Ilharen a lopsided grin and a shrug to play it off. H'win gulped and his heart hammered in his chest as he sort of stood there staring at his best friend.

"Erm... How are you today?" The question was swift and jumbled as if H'win was looking for an excuse not to go.

You're just looking for an excuse to not tell him again. Beramoth chided, but H'win ignored the blue and waited for Ilharen's answer, his expression a sort of mashed expression of pain and excitement.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 06:25 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

And there was H'win just staring at him frozen as a rock. Heh. Ilharen passed over one of the two bags as his heart squeezed tight and his whole body seemed to fill up with warm tingling sensations, he could feel the ring around his third finger almost more than he could feel the ground under his feet.

Then H'win greeted him with those clipped tones he used most when he was being formal or anxious in some way, it didn't go unnoticed and Ilharen cocked his head with concerned curiosity. The 'ye's slipped back in quick though and Ilharen's expression relaxed back to the soft fond smile he directed at H'win most often, though perhaps with slightly wider eyes and wider smile. Was H'win stalling? If so he didn't know why but he was glad he had!

"Well, good actually seen as y'ask. I was thinking when I was getting up, and I can't remember last time I had a bad day." They both knew what he meant by 'a bad day'; not a day when things hadn't gone his way but one where the thick scores down his side had burned and clawed at him with pain. Bad days been getting fewer over time, less bad as well, but now.... Well, he still hurt and ached after Falls but everyone ached after a Fall. Being in pain on one side after a Fall and with an odd twinge here and there or having a day or two with some aches, was almost unbelievable given where he'd been just over a turn ago.

"I feel good, in every way," Ilharen concluded after a brief pause with a soft-eyed smile to H'win. "Today feels like a good day y'ken?"
^
H'win
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 07:10 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

Normally, H'win looked Ilharen in the eye, paid attention to his words keenly. Even on his bad days, H'win was polite and sincere, but today, it was like he wasn't even listening at all. He barely looked at Ilharen, and he had this sort of distant frown on his face and he pulled his hand through his hair again. Then, as if he was just slow today, he caught up to the conversation and his eyes lit up and locked with Ilharen's.

"Really? That's great, Ilha." There was no denying his sincerity at hearing so. H'win was very glad that Ilharen couldn't remember the last time he had woken in pain. It meant... it meant that H'win could feel better about his friend almost risking his life for him, that things were going back to normal. Shards he was glad it was a good day.

"Excuse me, Ilha." H'win spoke up suddenly as if something serious had just occurred to him. The statement should have been a question, but it wasn't, the intonation was too filled with frustration. H'win looked at Ilharen, his eyes growing dark and serious for a moment. He opened his mouth to say something, but then immediately closed it and a resolute expression crossed his face.

Without warning, H'win dropped the supply sack Ilharen had handed him and he took two quick steps forward. Reaching out, H'win grabbed Ilharen by the jacket and pulled the other man toward him. H'win turned his chin down and pressed his lips firmly against Ilharen's and his grip on Ilharen's jacket tightened, the wherhide creaking between his fingers. H'win lingered there, his eyes closed in the kiss, and a ringing sound he hadn't noticed in his ears seemed to stop. He parted his lips to taste Ilharen's breath on his, inhaling deeply but a well of panic forced H'win to pull away as fast as he had approached. He felt dizzy and intoxicated by his daring and the musky scent of dragon and Ilharen's spicy plant smell that reminded H'win of home.

"You look really nice today," H'win whispered, his lips barely moving, somewhat afraid that if he spoke too much the feeling of Ilharen against him would disappear. He then released his grip on Ilharen's jacket and stood to wait for Ilharen to hit him square in the jaw. He looked at his friend, his hazel eyes wavering but slowly, a hint of a cheeky smile started to dimple his cheeks.

"I really like your hair like that." He said, and in another show of daring, rached up to touch one of the pins.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 07:43 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

H'win wasn't listening to him or rather he was listening but he wasn't as well, there was a little warmth in his expression for good news and-

And a kiss.

For a moment Ilharen was tense with surprise and his eyes were wide with it too, how long had he hoped H'win would want this from him? Time hardly even seemed to exist and he found himself touching his own hair and staring at H'win as he spoke of it with a slightly dazed grin starting to curve his lips.

H'win had just kissed him. Unprompted, unasked, a thing he had accepted that H'win might never want but he could still taste H'win on his lips and he remembered how his breath had felt so close against his face. The moment of intimacy only made him want more, a stirring in his blood but a more fervent one in his heart. If H'win wanted anything, anything, with him beyond a kiss please just let it be a shared bed with shared comfortable nights and gentle mornings.

Half stunned Ilharen leaned in again to return the passionate yet chaste kiss and then smiled bright as the sun and stars as he tilted his head into H'win's touch and slid a hand up and under his open flight jacket so that his palm was pressed to the small of the bluerider's back, asking him to stay close but by no means trying to force that closeness if H'win wanted to move away.

"Y're more than excused," he managed to say breathlessly, holding H'win's gaze with elated surprise that was soon tempered by tenderness as he knotted his fingers lightly into the bluerider's shirt. "Y'look wonderful y'self. I love you, 'Win. Always."
^
H'win
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 08:36 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

He had been so afraid of not knowing what it was like to kiss his love, H'win had been going right mad thinking about it. He couldn't even look at Ilharen without wondering what the scar across the slender face felt like, or the way that Ilharen's lips might feel on his skin. And now he knew! H'win swallowed hard wondering if Ilharen's shocked and tense reaction was how this was going to go and the fear shook him again. Just as he was about to apologize though, Ilharen returned the kiss and pressed his hands onto him.

The cheeky smile on H'win's face grew and he pulled Ilharen closer into a hug. He felt conflicted, nervousness and happiness coursing through him. A thrill almost sent a shiver through his body, but he buried it by taking a deep breath and smelling Ilharen's lovely hair.

"Ilharen... I love you. You are my home..." H'win's voice trailed off, caught with all of the emotions he felt. H'win remembered all of the tender moments he had shared with Ilharen. He could almost feel each time Ilharen had walked close enough their arms brushed together or when they held hands, or when Ilharen grabbed his arm to hold him back or comfort him. He wanted to go on this adventure, and as many adventures as they could and he wanted to do it together.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: Apr 28 2018, 01:16 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

I love you. You are my home.

Ilharen felt as though his heart had leapt within his chest and squeezed so hard that it skipped the next beat; he wrapped both arms around H'win in a tight embrace and pressed his face into his shoulder. He'd known for a while now, H'win had as much as said it with the ring but he'd half resigned himself to never hearing the words aloud let alone that- that- My home. Tears were prickling his eyes, a stupid grin had plastered itself on his face, and he he never wanted to let go of H'win. Today was a really, really fekking good day.

After a few moments of stupidly grinning silence Ilharen lifted his head again and looked up at H'win, still grinning and blinking moisture out of his eyes. "I... I can't tell you how much hearing y'say that means to me. I'm yours 'Win, as long as I live." Perhaps that would be a long time or perhaps it would only be a couple of weeks - any fall could be a rider's last - but that was all the more reason to make the most of the time that they had.

Ilharen swallowed hard and feeling very glad he hadn't put his gloves on yet he reached up to caress H'win's dimpled cheek. "My face hurts from smiling," he informed him very seriously.
^
H'win
 Posted: May 1 2018, 03:44 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

"Shells, Ilha..." H'win said with tears in his hazel eyes as he looked at Ilharen. He reached up and gently smooshed Ilharen's cheeks beneath his thumbs and kissed Ilharen on the nose, his lips barely brushing the skin. He smiled back.

"Sorry about swearin. Don't mean to swear at ye, I just..." H'win pulled one hand away from Ilharen's face and brushed it through his bangs, only messing up the slight curls a little, and immediately the shaggy blond strands starting to fall back into his face. He swallowed hard past the emotional lump in his throat and his smile wavered but kept his eyes and his other hand on Ilharen's face as he talked, a seriousness weighing down his usually light tone.

"I'm still torn up about Caleen, Ilha. I... I miss her, and I know I did her wrong. I want to tell her, and I will, but... I should have given her the same chance I want to give you." Slowly, H'win knelt down and tried to take Ilharen's hand in his. If his friend would pull away he wouldn't force him to touch him, but H'win wanted to feel the silver band wrapped around the fingers of the man he loved.

"Do ye think, Ilha, that as yer mine like ye promise, do ye think I could be yours too? I know ye love me as I am but I've just got to talk a little for a second..." There was more H'win wanted to say, but he wanted to make sure Ilharen was still smiling, or at least, still listening. Not being honest about their feelings had already cost them both. He looked up at Ilharen, waiting for the signal to continue.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: May 2 2018, 03:50 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Ilharen grinned wider as H'win touched his face and kissed his nose and then laughed lightly when his love leaned back and apologised. "Swear as much as y'like, y'know I do!..."

Ah. Yeah. That... Yeah. Ilharen's grin faded away to a slightly sad smile and he nodded, ran his tongue over his lips. "I.... Yeah. I am too, not like you must feel but.... Yeah." He'd never imagined H'win would leave Caleen, not ever, and certainly not for him. The guilt over that, that he might have encouraged H'win to do it by what he'd said when he'd given him the ring, was a heavy weight that still dropped into his stomach at times. He hadn't wanted her to get hurt. Had he been selfish, saying he wanted a life with H'win? He felt it sometimes.

As H'win knelt down holding his hand Ilharen's smile warmed again and he squeezed the bluerider's fingers in encouragement. "I'm listening love." He couldn't help but feel a bit nervous though, but a good nervous? He thought? He was still feeling giddy from H'win's admission and the memory of their lips meeting.
^
H'win
 Posted: May 2 2018, 04:01 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

H'win chuckled a little when Ilharen told him it was okay to swear, and he felt his heart catch as Ilharen agreed he had thought about it too. H'win didn't want to hurt Ilharen, never again, but he felt it was important to talk about. They only had the one life, right? Holding onto Ilharen's hand, H'win took a deep breath.

"I know I could promise ye to be faithful, to have only you in my heart and my bed and Ilha I would try... and I have... but it hurts too much. I don't want to lie to ye like that and... what if I failed?" The words were hard to say and H'win's voice wavered. He didn't yet know what kind of man he was becoming. Though these last few turns had changed him much, the weyr was still changing him. Though he wished he could just bite his tongue clean off he also didn't want to mess up in their future together, as friends or as something more so he shook his head, hoping to make the question rhetorical and he went on blabbering.

"I don't know what the future will bring for me or my heart or my life Ilha, but if you want part of it, the parts of me that are already yours, and will always be yours, ye can have em. All ye have to do is say so and I'm yours, as much as I can be." H'win always tried to do what he thought was best. He had tried to love just one person and had foolishly thought cutting Caleen out of his life would have rid his affection for her. It hadn't. His heart merely ached with the loss of her, and then H'win made himself sick over every moment he had when he was happy without her or he went and made himself sick in the moments he mourned for her that took away from his time with Ilharen.

"I... I know it might sound selfish to... ask you to be okay knowing she has part of me, but I don't want to hide anything from you, especially my heart." There was absolutely no way H'win thought ever that Caleen would take him back, but shells he would love her always, and it was only fair that his best, most dearest friend know it, even - and especially now that he loved him too.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: May 2 2018, 04:29 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

As he listened Ilharen felt his heart sink from the sky back to the ground. He hadn't expected H'win to stop loving Caleen but... but he'd thought that maybe..... It had been selfish to want H'win all to himself. He still wanted it. If that wasn't something H'win could promise though, and it was clear that it wasn't, what did he do? Where did he stand? What if somebody else ended up meaning more to H'win than he did?

Ilharen swallowed hard, his mind was racing and suddenly he wished they weren't standing right outside they lower caverns. Couldn't this have been somewhere private? It was done now though and though his thoughts and emotions were swirling chaotically he already knew what his answer was. How could it be anything else? He had made a promise, and he knew what was in his heart.

After a few still, breathless moments Ilharen knelt down and cupped H'win's jaw tenderly with his free hand. "Yes," he murmured softly, closing his eyes as he leaned forward for another kiss. The thought that he might have to share H'win with somebody else in the future was....

But they did not live in a perfect world; Thread fell, hearts wanted what they wanted, and you took your gladness where you could find it. Today he chose to take what H'win offered, today he chose to be happy.
^
H'win
 Posted: May 2 2018, 05:08 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

The look on Ilharen's face hurt H'win, but it was better than tears. How could H'win ever forget the tears Ilharen had sobbed at fearing he wouldn't love him? H'win wasn't worried about falling in love with anyone else, his heart was full as it was, but lying about how dearly he cared for either Ilharen or Caleen was something H'win never wanted to do again. At first, H'win didn't have anything else to add for he was afraid that what he had to say was asinine and unimportant and not at all going to alleviate the confusion or hurt either of them might be feeling but then Ilharen stooped down and touched him.

H'win gulped and pressed his face into Ilharen's hand. He hurt too, but he knew they didn't have to. He closed his eyes and leaned into the kiss. For once in his whole life, H'win didn't care if anyone saw. He wrapped his arms around Ilharen and pulled him closer kissing Ilharen tenderly at first, tentative even. He pulled away to smile.

"You're so wonderful, Ilha. You're my favorite person in all of Pern." H'win said as he kissed Ilharen's eyebrows and his cheek, and then he kissed the scar that ran down Ilharen's long beautiful face. He even pulled at Ilharen's shirt and leaned down to kiss the small scar on his collarbone. Slowly H'win put a hand beneath Ilharen's pointed chin, pulling their faces closer so H'win could look into Ilharen's eyes as they knelt in the dirt.

"You are like a dream. When I am with you the whole world feels so far away and even prettier than the stars." Happily, H'win kissed Ilharen again. His heart yearned to kiss the darkness out of Ilharen's beautiful brown eyes. He wanted to wrap his arms around Ilharen and hold him until every fear they had melted away.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: May 2 2018, 06:38 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

The grin worked its way back onto Ilharen's face and he slid his right hand from H'win's face up into his curly hair. "Y're mine too. I love you." It felt good to say it aloud, incredible, and whatever might happen in the future H'win loved him in return and that was all he'd ever really wanted. As H'win's kisses travelled across his face Ilharen drew in a deep breath and closed his eyes, arched his neck as H'win tugged at his shirt and kissed the scar on his shoulder.

When H'win looked into his eyes again Ilharen leaned their brows together and squeezed his hand, he'd been going to say something too but he was interrupted by another kiss and he was quite happy with that arrangement. After eternal moments he broke away, kissed H'win's jaw to let him know it wasn't for a bad reason, and leaned back just a little so that H'win could see his face and the love written all over it. "You're my favourite star 'Win, with the brightness of Rukbat and the pull of the moons. Being around you makes life feel.... right."
^
H'win
 Posted: May 7 2018, 12:53 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

"Ye promise?" H'win asked, turning his head so Ilharen's fingers would brush through his hair. There was a happy, playful note in his voice, but H'win's breath hitched in his throat when Ilharen pulled away. H'win felt his heart skip and he gasped in a deep breath as Ilharen spoke. Right. It was all H'win ever wanted.

"Ilha." Overcome with emotion, H'win didn't know what else to say. With Ilharen, he felt important, necessary even. The bluerider buried his face in Ilharen's neck for a big hug to try to stem the tide of the tears pricking at his eyes. H'win had been so afraid of being with just one person, and loving just one person and yet Ilharen was everything. He didn't regret telling Ilharen how he grieved for the loss of Caleen, but just saying it aloud changed it. This was where he was supposed to be.

"Right... on to the next adventure, yeah?" H'win stood slowly, carefully lifting Ilharen with him. He didn't care that a few people had seen him so intimately engaged with Ilharen, like he might have. In addition to the weightless feeling kissing Ilharen had given him, H'win felt the awkward embarrassment of running out of things to say. His nose and cheeks flushed red and he tried to look down at his toes, but he saw Ilharen's feet there too and his face broke into a stupid smile. He tried to blink away the tears hanging off of his eyelashes, hoping Ilha wouldn't notice them.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: May 7 2018, 02:43 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

He'd never really had the chance to touch H'win's hair before, had he ever at all? He wasn't sure, but if he had he hadn't have time to appreciate how soft the pretty blond curls were. "Yeah," Ilharen nodded firmly, "I promise." It was an easy one to make and he couldn't imagine it being hard to keep, nobody he'd met in his whole life had made him feel the way H'win did.

When H'win buried his face in his shoulder Ilharen carefully slid his fingers free of his hair - he didn't want to tug it - and wrapped his arms tightly around his best friend, the love he'd been hoping to find when he'd left the jungle. It felt like so long ago, almost like it had happened to a different person or as though it had been another lifetime. In a way he supposed it had been, you were made anew in some ways when you Impressed after all.

He would have been quite happy to let the hug go on all day but he didn't resist when H'win pulled back, and he accepted the taller man's hand to help him to his feet. "Yeah," Ilharen grinned again, blinked dampened lashes and then wiped his eyes with the heels of his hands; H'win's eyes looked a touch tearful too but he wasn't going to say anything about that. Spotting H'win looking down at their boots Ilharen caught his hand again for another squeeze, his grin softening to a tender smile. "I think we had a desert t'explore, right love?" Was he allowed to call him that in public now? Maybe he wouldn't try it anywhere too public just yet, but there was nobody close enough to hear right now and so he was going to say it just as much as he pleased which was a lot.
^
H'win
 Posted: May 8 2018, 05:52 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

Though H'win needed the hug, he hated the moment when Ilharen's fingers fell from his hair. It was such an intimate, comforting feeling and he didn't want to let go. There was a moment when H'win sighed out a deep breath he had been holding, and he felt like a massive weight seemed to shift and disappear from his back.

Ilharen's promise made the smile on H'win's face grow. It hurt to smile so much, just like Ilha had said, and H'win felt his dimples taking over his face. He tried biting at his tongue to put a different expression on his face, but all he managed to do was bite down on his tongue while still smiling. Giving up on trying to stop his ridiculous grin, H'win looked back into Ilharen's eyes. His own hazel eyes stared for a moment too long and H'win squeezed Ilharen's hand back tightly.

"Right. We do." Slowly, regretfully, H'win let Ilharen's fingers go and he bent to pick up both of the discarded supply sacks. There was a fuzzy warmth in his belly that was replacing the nervous churning that had been there before. Ilharen would keep his promise, H'win never knew the man to go back on anything. H'win was glad for that, and he was glad that Ilharen didn't mention their tears. Ilha was always so thoughtful.

In a not-at-all-subtle display of his strength, with one arm H'win lifted one of the sacks up next to Masalath's shoulder to be clipped and he looked over his shoulder at Ilharen to see if he would be helpful and do the clipping for them. His hands were busy with both of the sacks after all and he lifted his sun-golden eyebrows in a silent and playful question 'are you going to get that'?
^
Ilharen
 Posted: May 9 2018, 04:40 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

H'win's big dimpled smiles never failed to make his heart lift and flutter a bit, which was probably silly but people were often silly about the ones they loved.... What was that expression he was making now? It looked like he was fighting the smile and losing, which made Ilharen smile all the more in response.

It was a shame to let go of H'win's hand but they could hardly fly along like that or even load up the discarded bags for that matter, and in light of them it was probably a good thing he'd attached his goggles to his belt or he would have had to go and have an awkward conversation with the Weyr's glass smiths. How did you smash your goggles, rider? Well-

Ilharen chuckled to himself slightly at the thought and his lips curved into a slightly smirky smile of appreciation at H'win perhaps showing off to him just a little bit. Was that was he was doing? Well if it wasn't it was working anyway. As H'win turned to him with his blond brows raised Ilharen flicked a dark one up in response and sauntered over to secure the first sack, standing a bit closer to H'win that he really needed to in order to accomplish the task. "Thanks," he said, and once the sack was safely attached he nudged his hip against H'win's. "Are y'going t'lift the other one up for me on the other side?" he asked softly with a little smirk, now looking up at H'win with his head tilted a bit to the side. "Y're so much taller than I am."
^
H'win
 Posted: May 15 2018, 01:00 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

Though it was warm at the base of the mesa, H'win still got a pleasant chill that rushed over his flesh with the smirky smile he saw on Ilharen's face. His heart began to pound loudly again in his chest, and H'win looked over his shoulder at Ilharen.

"Yer welcome," H'win said easily once Ilharen got the sack tied off.

"Of course, I will." Though his words were steady, H'win felt another body tremor when Ilharen tilted his head and asked the question softly. There was a moment where H'win wondered how he was to get anything done if he grew so distracted by the way Ilharen flirted with him with every move.

"I'm not doing it because I'm tall." Slowly, now that his right hand was free of the first sack, H'win reached up and brushed a finger along Ilharen's jaw, and he stared into Ilharen's eyes for a lingering moment. Though it was difficult, H'win managed to keep most of his senses and carefully step under Masalath's neck to the other side.

"Like this?" He asked, his tone impetuous as he lifted the sack with only his left arm and held it to the side of the brown dragon. He was more than happy to show off and tease Ilharen if he was going to receive soft and sultry replies!
^
Ilharen
 Posted: May 15 2018, 03:17 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

"Humm? No? Why then?" Ilharen asked, smirking a bit still as he tilted his head a little to expose more of the line of his jaw; his his stance was relaxed and his gaze soft and warm with just a sparkle of deeper heat to it. When H'win ducked under Masalath's neck he followed him neatly and reached up slowly to fasten the sack H'win was now holding one handed. "Tall and strong?" he suggested with a hint of playfulness in his tone; it was a bit tempting to give H'win a good tickling for standing posing like that but instead once he'd tied off the familiar knot he gave the bluerider's arm a squeeze, keeping his eyes on H'win's face all the while.

Being so openly flirtatiously affectionate like this was more than a little dreamlike. Dreaming while awake? And love was a dream wasn't it? It was nothing that could ever be bottled or crafted, though people did try, it was an idea and a feeling that lifted you beyond the normal realms of man. In a dream you could fly without a dragon, and undisguised love felt a bit like that to him; exhilarating, marvellous, precious, all that and more - more than he could put words to. Whatever else might happen in the future H'win was flirting openly with him and that was... that was a lot, it meant a lot.
^
H'win
 Posted: May 15 2018, 03:35 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

When Ilharen tilted his head, H'win bit at his lip, stifling the sudden intense desire to kiss all along the sharp jawline that lifted toward him. H'win kept his own hazel eyes on Ilharen as they moved, and as soon as Ilharen gave his arm a squeeze to indicate the sack was tied off, H'win let it go but he didn't move or step away.

"No, it's not that either." Shaking his head, H'win turned to face Ilharen. Ilharen was so close to him, it made H'win feel dizzy and he smiled at Ilharen's playful suggestions. The bluerider wrapped his arms around Ilharen and lifted him up.

"You get one more guess," H'win said, his voice was laden with amorous affection, but his smirk indicated he was enjoying this teasing too much. He looked up at Ilharen as he held him, and he crinkled his nose teasingly.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: May 15 2018, 04:00 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Lip biting. The lip biting was very attractive, and drew his mind to how he could gently bite down on that lip too or on H'win's neck, shoulder, hip-

And suddenly H'win's arms were around him, lifting him into the air; Ilharen laughed and whooped with surprised delight as he looked down at H'win and his heart did another funny squeeze at his cute crinkled nose. "Is it because you love me?" he asked, grasping H'win's shoulders and kicking up his heels.
^
H'win
 Posted: May 15 2018, 05:05 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

"Nope." H'win's smirk grew wider and he also laughed and shrugged his shoulders beneath Ilharen's touch. While he laughed, H'win began to spin around in a circle. He spun them until he got dizzy and breathless and then he spun twice more. Slowly, H'win stopped his spinning and shakily the bluerider stumbled back against Masalath to steady himself. His grin was wider and dimpled and he went sort of crosseyed staring at Ilharen trying to steady his vision.

"That isn't why, but I do." His voice was quiet and H'win had to lean back and close his eyes at the spinning and the pain of seeing Ilharen's delight. It hurt, somehow to feel this full, and H'win gasped for air, clinging to Ilharen so they both wouldn't fall.

"Love you, that is," H'win said, absently, almost as if it were an afterthought, but really he just to make certain Ilharen knew. He peeked through his eyes to see if Ilharen was as dizzy as he was, and to see his reaction.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: May 15 2018, 06:20 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Ah, bad guess, but somehow he couldn't mind! It probably had something to do with being spun around like a child's top, and something to do with H'win's smile, and mainly the latter. "Ah, do I lose?" Ilharen grinned and as H'win set him down unsteadily he gripped his love's jacket, for the bluerider's balance rather than for his own but H'win was quite heavy so if he toppled he'd have a time of it hauling him back.

Lucky I'm here! Masalath laughed to his rider, he had been keeping back to give his very very most favourite human some space but now he couldn't contain his delight anymore. How did you ever think he loved another and not you too?

Wasn't it you who said he liked Sapphire? Ilharen asked, grinning so hard it hurt again as H'win said those special words again.

Pass - when was it?

Long ago, by your reckoning.
And how he'd hated her, even back then! Ah, poor silly Sapphire, she hadn't deserved his veiled ire. "I know. I trust that." Ilharen's grin softened to a tender smile and he freed one hand from H'win's jacket to slid it up his neck, over jaw and cheek, and into his hair. "Why then? Will y'tell me love?"
^
H'win
 Posted: May 15 2018, 09:54 PM

H'win

Bluerider
The White Knight
-- --

Beramoth
#8ac0ef

Profile | Plotpage

"Hm. Not this time." H'win said, his smile turning into a smirk and he blinked a few more times to steady himself some more. Rather liking the feeling of Ilharen supporting him, H'win wrapped his arm tighter around the slighter man and pulled him closer.

"I hope you can always trust me." he said, his voice quiet in an attempt not to shatter the tenderness in Ilharen's smile. H'win would do everything in his power to ensure Ilharen could trust him, and the momentary seriousness in his voice was an attempt to convey that. He had never lied to his friend, maybe hidden some things from him, but never lied.

"Ah well, it is simple really..." H'win sighed and nuzzled into Ilharen's hand, the smirk on his face widening.

"I do it because you like me to." It was perhaps, a little bold to admit, but H'win was certain Ilharen enjoyed his displays, or at least he did when they were for him. Well - he hoped he did, at least. H'win turned his face to kiss Ilharen's wrist, his eyes dancing with playfulness and love.
^
Ilharen
 Posted: May 16 2018, 05:37 PM

Ilharen

Brownrider
The Bridge
-- --

Masalath
#b17e49

Profile | Plotpage

Ilharen grinned again as H'win tugged him closer and he wrapped one arm around the bluerider in return, the other hand remained in his hair. "Of course," he replied softly, flexing his fingers gently against H'win's back and his scalp. "I've said I'll not doubt you, yeah? I meant it, I know I can trust you." H'win was a man of his word, and so was he.

When H'win turned his face into his hand Ilharen's grin shifted to a soft-lipped smile curved up just a little more at one corner than the other and he hooded his eyes a little. "Ohh, is that why?" he asked in mock surprise, allowing H'win to manipulate his wrist and - his heart skipped - to kiss it. Here, in front of the Weyr, where anyone could see them. This was... this was unexpected, very unexpected, still unexpected, every little gesture; he was going to enjoying getting used to it quite a lot.

"And I do like y'to," Ilharen continued after a brief, deliberate pause. "I like it very much." 'It' being 'showing off' but he wasn't going to say that aloud! Instead, he squeezed H'win's waist and stood up on tip-toes to close the gap in their height. "I like the kisses too," he hinted with a deliberate dearth of subtlety.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Dear guests and new members: Cbox is to the right!
We also have Discord Chat - To join, please click here.

'Sirocco' based on Alpha 2.0 by gunblaza. Coded by Capricorn for Sirocco Weyr
Forum Topsites, Rankings & Listings. Please Click to Vote Here!
TopRPSites RPGfix Pernese Online Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons
Online Communities
Pernese Online Caution to the Wind roleplay ads RPG-D RPGfix RPG Initiative
Affiliates
Southern Winds Weyr Fortune Favors the Brave