Posted: Feb 4 2018, 04:47 PM

A'lek

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Isaroth

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Moony

She wasn't entirely sure when Isaroth had gotten to be so... well, massive. Once upon a time he had barely come up to her waist. Now he was taller than her and days like today she really wasn't looking forward to bathing him or oiling him. After all, he was still growing so rapidly that she couldn't climb on him to get some spots. She wouldn't risk hurting him and delaying his growth.

You are far too small to hurt me. He leaned down, huffing hot air in her face as he gently brushed against A'lek in affection.

"And you're too small to even hunt for yourself, so the answer is still no." A'lek's voice was firm - surprisingly confident for the young woman. Isaroth was slowly easing her out of herself. Instead of seeming to curl into herself as she stood, there was a slight, subtle sort of confidence in her posture. "I thought you wanted to strengthen your wings."

Perhaps. His deep voice filled her mind with amusement, as he looked back towards the barracks, to another pair walking out. Hello Havith. R'hael. Would you like to join us while we still have sun? It was a rare moment of clear skies during the rainy season, and the brown had decided to take full advantage, rather than allowing his bonded to sit and work on reading or writing.

Turning, a small smile danced across her face at the sight of the greenrider. "Hello R'hael. Havith. Isaroth decided it was time to practice some exercises. You're welcome to join if you wish."

Inviting him to join us? There was something teasing about the smoky voice that filled her mind, a slight sarcastic tint. Jassara will enjoy this almost as much as she enjoyed you two holding hands.

A'lek frowned up at her brown. "Shush."
^
R'hael
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 04:01 PM

R'hael

Weyrling
N/A
-- --

Havith

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Tawny

They were rather good at visualising by now and one advantage of it was that R'hael could walk along reading with half a mind's eye looking through Havith's to make sure he didn't trip. The notes about Alpha Wing's manoeuvres and formations were extensive, the comparisons and pros and cons as compared to traditional wings meticulous.

It's a shame the other Weyrs won't try it, Havith mused as she drank in the information her rider was absorbing. They can see that it works, yet they refuse to acknowledge it.

"Mmh." R'hael shrugged and nodded. Traditional formations have worked well since records begin, I suppose they see no need - and have no inclination to give greens or blues positions of command.

It's a shame that talent goes to waste like that; if I hadn't been shelled here we would have had to move, I can't imagine- The green stopped mid thought and crooned as Isaroth's voice reached her. Hello Isaroth, A'lek, we would indeed, she said as she turned to the brown and his rider and extended a feeling of greeting.

"Ah, hello!" R'hael looked up from the papers and tucked them under his arm as they met with A'lek and Isaroth. "It's a good opportunity for it; not raining," he said, looking up at the currently cloud-free sky with his eyes slightly squinted. "It's nice to see colour other than red around the mesa, but having to dodge the downpours hasn't been my favourite," he said with some amusement as he looked down at A'lek once more.
^
A'lek
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 05:07 PM

A'lek

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Isaroth

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Moony

A'lek smiled at R'hael. "I know what you mean. I've taken most all of my studying inside for the remainder of the rainy season. It wouldn't be the first rain-damp book I've had to transcribe, but I'd rather not." Years of working with the archivists had given A'lek two distinct styles of writing - one was the firm, blocky style that was best suited for transcribing public hides. The other was her own personal style, flowing and elegant.

She looked up at R'hael with a smile. "We've got some food up here, and I brought a blanket to sit on. If you'd like, we can study whatever it is you have while those two practice. And if it starts to rain, Isaroth's wingspan is finally big enough to protect the hides."

It will be some time before the rains roll back in. We will not need to protect the hides from anything but wind. He rumbled, going over to Havith and nuzzling her gently. A'lek is not fond of the rains. Is R'hael the same?

A'lek smiled a little at her brown with Havith. "I don't like the rain because it makes my hair go wild." Er. Wilder than normal. She had even had Jassara put it in tight braids in an attempt to keep it from getting too bad.
^
R'hael
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 06:04 PM

R'hael

Weyrling
N/A
-- --

Havith

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Tawny

"I've never had to transcribe anything, it sounds rather tedious," R'hael admitted with a slight shake of his head and a lingering little smile. "I can see there being some satisfaction to a page well copied but I think writing your own words is more interesting, even if they happen to be a list of requisitions for the Steward or something like that." He had found his work at Igen satisfying in a lot of ways but knowing that there would likely never be more had been hard, he would always be grateful to the Searchrider who'd plucked him out of that situation.

Havith crooned and nuzzled back before casting her eyes up to the sky. He likes the rain because it reminds him of where he grew up, but he dislikes it when he wants to be out and doing but it's pouring down. On the whole though he likes it.

"My hair gets thicker with the rain too, though I don't think it does it as impressively as yours," R'hael said, his husky voice tinged with amusement. "And yes, I'd like that - I've been reading reports on Alpha Wing's style, I hope Havith and I will fly there one day so I need to start studying sooner rather than later." In Alpha he could become a wingleader once he was old enough, he knew Havith would be good at it and he believe that he could be too.
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Dear guests and new members: Cbox is to the right!
We also have Discord Chat - To join, please click here.

'Sirocco' based on Alpha 2.0 by gunblaza. Coded by Capricorn for Sirocco Weyr
Forum Topsites, Rankings & Listings. Please Click to Vote Here!
Pernese Online Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons
Online Communities
RPG-D Ruby Wings ListingsNerd ListingsRPG Initiative
Affiliates
Southern Winds Weyr Fortune Favors the Brave