Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Field Trip! [junglehold Open Thread], 514.06.09
Lorux
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 04:26 PM

Lorux

Candidate
Scrappy and Hungry
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Tawny

Lorux paused in his tootling and looked over at the kid who'd just insulted him, Veres or something wasn't it? "Aww you're breaking my heart," he said with a crooked smile and a raised eyebrow, "it's been my life's dream to be confused with a harper, my dream I tell you! My Mam always told me I was a very special boy who could do anything he put his mind to, are you calling her a liar? For shame!" Lorux chuckled briefly and shook his head before returning to his inexpert playing; you had to start somewhere with anything new and while he'd been joking about wanting to be confused with a harper he did like the idea of being able to play an instrument a bit even just to get a basic tune out for parties and that.
โœ‰
^
Xeiran
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 08:36 PM

Xeiran

Candidate
Dragon Candidate
Apprentice Harper

-
-

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: RedShoesWrites

Xeiran smiled lightly at Raelero enthusiastic response, especially considering that they didn't know each other well. "I could see you doing well with a feisty green," Xeiran replied back, amusement lacing his voice. "I, however, think that I would prefer to have a calm little blue."

He then motioned to the small hold around them and asked, "Have you been here before? I haven't been at Sirocco long enough to have ventured out much from the weyr." He looked out at the lush greenery that surrounded the area and felt his lips quirk upward at the sight. "I will say that it is very green out here. Much more than at home - or what used to be home," he finished with an awkward shrug.

He was still having difficulty distinguishing what was home - here or Telgar. He had no plans of ever returning north on a permanent basis, but he had spent his entire life in Telgar. It was hard to separate the meaning of home from it.
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Lilimina
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 09:01 PM

Lilimina

Candidate
fluffy holder girl
-- --

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: bfkitsune

"No we don't," Lilimina didn't hesitate to admit with a shake of her head, still admiring the craftsmanship that had gone into making such a beautiful journal. She admired it so much, in fact, that she found she didn't want to put it down.

Well then!

"I'd like to buy it, if I may," Lili said as she carefully tucked it under one arm so she could pull out the pretty little embroidered bag she kept her marks in. It took a few moments to pull out the correct amount - she didn't bother to haggle - and then happily passed the marks to Yhar for her new journal.

With her new journal clutched to her chest and no longer too distracted with it to pay attention to those around her, Lili glanced around to seeโ€ฆ ah! "That's a pretty little instrument," she said to Lorux as she stepped closer to him, eagerly looking at the pipes he'd been trying to play.
โœ‰
^
Veres
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 09:32 PM

Veres

Candidate
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Chocoholic Bookworm

A smirk crossed the lips at the response Lorux gave to her comment. It had been fairly good-natured on her part at least, though with how he answered she doubted that she had truly offended him with her words. As hard as it was to do she resisted the urge to make a quip about his mother calling him special. That would offend someone, perhaps not Lorux himself so far it appeared that he was fairly good at taking everything in stride. Not that she knew him, only what she'd seen so far on this trip. All she knew was he remained a candidate as none had found in him what they needed yet, the same as most around her. With her own longing to join those in the skies she'd definitely attended all the hatchings she could since she had arrived at Igen. It was a very limited amount of knowledge with which to make the assessment that she had, maybe it was enough though. Further proof was given as he continued to attempt to play and her attention turned back to Yhar and the box.

As he spoke to Lilimina she ran her fingers over the carving feeling the smoothness with which the art had been placed into the beautiful color of the wood. It was of a decent size, and the price he quoted wasn't unreasonable for it. With how his attention was divided it didn't really appear he was the haggling sort. Oh she wanted to, she was so out of practice, but she didn't know the ways down here when it came to that. And most of the others didn't seem to think it was necessary, she didn't really want to come off as stranger than she already did. Besides with how long it had been since she'd been even the smallest part in a price negotiation odds were against it going in her favor, if he didn't dismiss her altogether.

The internal debate raged for a few moments. Others had spent much more than this so far, and she had yet to do much but food with her marks. She had enough, even if very little would be left, and it would most likely be some time before another chance to spend them presented itself. Especially after she joined as a candidate, as she fully planned too.

There was an almost inaudible sigh as the desire not to risk offending the merchant and miss the sale won over the need to show that she was raised to get a good deal on anything she did buy. After Lilimina paid for the journal that she had chosen, Veres indicated to Yhar that yes she would like the box with its detailed carving work. The pouch that carried her own marks was nowhere near as pretty as the one that the other girl drew hers from, it was older and a bit threadbare but still functional with a very basic design that was faded from age into an indistinct pattern.

Her attention then turned in part back to the man and his pipes, it was at least interesting to hear him try and make a tune out of something that he didn't know how to play, perhaps he'd manage to make something from it anyway.
โœ‰
^
Raelero
 Posted: Apr 14 2018, 10:58 PM

Raelero

Candidate
N/A
Apprentice Smith

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Heijale

Rae nodded at Xeiran's words. He didn't know the other candidate, but a calm blue seemed like it would match what he had seen of his personality. Just like a feisty green would definitely compliment his. He would very much enjoy a flit who could stir up some trouble with him.

"This is my first time here as well," he answered, looking around at all the trees. He hadn't gotten excited about all the greenery like all the other candidates had. "It's breath taking, but I don't want to be too in awe of it, in case it ends up like in the north." There was no greenery back at Telgar, where he was from, and that had been for everyone's safety. He was surprised that the leaders up at the Weyr hadn't followed that logic here, but he was grateful. Grateful, but not about to get comfortable with things being as they were.
โœ‰
^
Lorux
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 04:33 PM

Lorux

Candidate
Scrappy and Hungry
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Tawny

"Isn' it?" Lorux replied cheerfully to Lili, holding the simply painted pipes out to her for inspection as he spoke. "Dunno if I can afford them though, I saw one of them leather books I want to get too." He could probably get the pipes, but the journal looked more expensive. "Think they take payment in kind?" he added, half to Lili and half to himself.

Veres continued attention didn't go unnoticed and as he came out of his own thoughts he shot her a grin. "What do you think of this place then? Like it?" Lots of people of both genders (or was it meant to be all? He was trying to keep up) were walking around not wearing a lot, and most of what some of them seemed to have on was impressive weaponry or at least that was what drew the eye.... Well, one of the things that drew the eye.
โœ‰
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 2  Add Reply Fast Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Dear guests and new members: Cbox is to the right!
We also have Discord Chat - To join, please click here.

'Sirocco' based on Alpha 2.0 by gunblaza. Coded by Capricorn for Sirocco Weyr
Forum Topsites, Rankings & Listings. Please Click to Vote Here!
Pernese Online Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons
Online Communities
RPG-D Ruby Wings ListingsNerd ListingsRPG Initiative
Affiliates
Southern Winds Weyr Fortune Favors the Brave