Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

A Well Oiled Machine, 514.03.10
Red
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 06:55 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Tawny

"Heh. You called me dear." Ignoring the bite completely Red reached a decision, turned on his heel and started back across the pen. "Seems a long time," he continued, his deep voice dropping deeper still than usual. "Another six months, give or take," he added in more normal tones. It seemed like a very long time but they'd just have to be patient. "Somewhere with a view?" That sounded good to him, and there were some large rocks and small outcrops scattered around that'd serve for leaning against and concealing them from every fekker on the mesa. He wasn't planning to do anything except sit and be close but that didn't mean he wanted to be observed.
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 07:06 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: prongs

"I did. Is that a bad thing?" Jass bit her lip, though he couldn't see it, and frowned slightly. The last time she'd called him that he hadn't seemed to like it much. She'd forgotten until now. Then he made his voice all deep and rumbly and distracted her. "Starting a 'thing' in the middle of weyrlinghood is a good exercise in patience. They should make everyone do it," she teased.

Though that might be bad, because not everyone had Red's insane amount of willpower, or Jass's own determination. "Somewhere with a view would be nice," she said cheerfully, wiggling a little bit to get the round edge of his shoulder out of the middle of her stomach. "I can't see which way you're headed but I trust you're not taking me to the edge of the mesa to throw me off," she added teasingly.
📧
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 07:28 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

"Uh..." Red gave this some thought. "No," he decided after a few moments. "It's just... new. Think I like it?" He wasn't all that good with new stuff in general but 'dear' kind of made him want to smile, so there it was.

"Oh, and here, mind a minute." As he spoke Red reached up to shift Jassara so that she was sort of lying across both his shoulders instead of dangling over on. "Now y'can see," he said, stating the fekking obvious but she probably wouldn't mind too much. "Which way then, that rock by there?"
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 07:40 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

His thoughtful silence made Jass think she had misstepped. She reminded herself that Red was thoughtful about pretty much everything, and his words made her relax a bit. "Well if you decide you don't let me know and I won't say it," she promised.

The change in position momentarily disoriented her, but it was much more comfortable. Jass blinked and then laughed, draping one arm casually around Red's neck as they walked. "That rock is good," she agreed, speaking lowly since she was right by his ear. "We won't have a bunch of people staring at us if we're out of sight."

Even if they weren't doing anything wrong she knew people would watch and stare and probably spread rumors.
📧
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 08:04 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

"Sure," Red agreed easily but after a moment of thought he added; "But don't think I will." Uh. "Decide I don't." Right, well done Red, you managed to more or less communicate.

Once they were behind the large rock Red crouched down and started to release his grip on Jassara. "Want t'hop down?" he asked, mostly focusing on keeping his balance with a potentially squirmy weight over his shoulders when he was not in the most stable of positions.
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 08:10 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Jassara didn't answer him right away. Instead she waited until they were behind the rock, and he was crouched down to let her off his shoulders. It wasn't an easy dismount given the awkward way he'd been carrying her but she managed it. Before he could get up though she pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead and then moved away, settling herself easily on the ground.

"You know if I get a little too...well, a little too much, you can always tell me, right?" she asked, smiling up at him. Jass was the kind of person who jumped into everything feet first, and Red was not. She didn't want to cross lines accidentally because she may have already gotten to a place where he hadn't yet when it came to their 'thing'.
📧
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 08:23 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

When she kissed his forehead Red made a deep 'mrr' sort of noise and then sank from his crouch into a sitting position with his back to the rock, looking out over the blooming desert. "Yeah," he agreed, now looking down at Jass instead and twitching a small smile before dropping an arm around her shoulders. "Nice up here, yeah? Good view. And company."
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 08:35 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Sometimes Red made sounds that made her think of him as a giant feline, and she kind of adored it. As soon as his arm settled around her shoulders she curled into his side. "Wonderful company," she agreed warmly. Jassara was quiet for a bit, focused more on enjoying the moment than she was in filling it with words.

"Thank you for helping with Margoth today," she said, resting her head on his chest. "Even though you got soaked twice. He enjoyed himself."
📧
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 08:45 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

"Mmh." This was definitely nice, there weren't many people around Sirocco he could sit close with like this... And it was also nice because it was Jassara in particular. "Me too," he continued after a short silence. "And it'll be fun t'get them back, with you." It wouldn't be any fun at all if he did it on his own.
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 08:53 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

"I'm definitely a bad influence on you," she teased. Though she preferred to think of it as a good influence, honestly. She and Ladijath would get Red to come out of his shell eventually. "I can't wait to see their reactions when we get them back. I wonder how long it'll take them to start plotting revenge on us." Jass laughed softly at the thought and shook her head.
📧
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 09:04 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

Red snorted his amusement at Jassara's question and bent to press a brief kiss to her hair. "Ladi? No time at all, quick as a whip she is. Reminds me of somebody else." He didn't think he'd ever stop finding it fitting that Jass shared some notable traits with his dragon, and he with hers.
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 09:29 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

It was Jass’s turn to make a ‘mrr’ sound when Red kissed her head. “Whoever she reminds you of must be pretty great to deserve the comparison,” she mused with a grin. Her thoughts wandered down the same road Red’s did for a moment before she blinked and thought of something else. “For their inevitable revenge plot, do you think they’ll try to get other dragons in on it?”
📧
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 01:37 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

"Ahh, she's great yeah," Red agreed, his tones warm and amused as he gave Jassara a squeeze. "She's stubborn, friendly, excitable, energetic, loyal, stubborn, and kind.... Did I mention stubborn? Oh," he lifted Jassara's chin and ran his thumb a little way along her jaw. "And she's very pretty too." Heh.

Dragons though, right. "I'm sure Ladijath will yeah," Red snorted. "Y'know she's happiest around others, why not mix company with plotting our downfall?"
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 03:03 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

“Stubborn is a wonderful trait to be. Especially when you care about someone who can be pretty bull-headed himself,” Jass laughed softly, and then he was tilting her head up and running a finger along her jaw, and she kind of melted. She looked up at him, her eyes warm and affectionate, her smile soft, and tried to find the right words. The ones that rose to the tip of her tongue were ones that he probably wasn’t ready to hear, and that she maybe wasn’t ready to say.

So she reached up and pressed her palm against his cheek, momentarily forgetting the conversation about the dragons. “I’m very lucky,” she said softly. “How did I get so lucky?”
📧
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 03:10 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

Her eyes were too warm, too gentle, too caring; he didn't deserve any of it. Red sighed out a soft breath and covered her hand with his own but his gaze flicked away from Jassara's because he didn't know how to accept what she offered. "I got luckier," he muttered quietly.
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 03:26 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Oh no. Not this time. Red’s eyes averted and Jass moved, keeping her hand on his face but turning to face him. She also went up on her knees, figuring a little extra height could help in this moment. “Why do you do that?” she asked, brushing her thumb lightly against his cheekbones. “Why do you look away from me like that?”
📧
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 03:30 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

"Don't know," was the first thing Red said, but it wasn't exactly true. He sighed, shrugged, and made himself look back at Jassara as she stroked her thumb over his cheekbone. "Don't know how t'put it. Just... not used t'people looking at me like that? And... Yeah," he shrugged again, "hard t'get my head around." He knew she liked him, liked him a lot, and he even knew some of the reasons why but that didn't mean he understood it.
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 03:51 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Jassara knew Red well enough to know that he did indeed know why he looked away from her, so she waited quietly for him to find better words. “I get that,” she said quietly, nodding once when he looked back at her. “But you’re gonna have to get used to it. Because I plan on looking at you like this for the foreseeable future.” She smiled a bit and shrugged.

“Especially when you say such sweet things to me,” Jass added.
📧
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 04:26 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

What could he say to that? Red smiled a little in return and made a noise of agreement. "Do m'best," he agreed, curling his fingers around Jassara's and squeezing gently. "And y'deserve them said. You're uh.... you're pretty great. I'm glad I decided t'be polite and take y'to lunch." If he hadn't, if he'd walked away, where would he be right now? Maybe he would have decided to go home before the hatching even happened, or maybe he would've gone but Ladijath wouldn't have been able to find him safely and been hurt or hurt somebody in the stands. He'd never know how it would've turned out if he'd rebuffed Jass but he was glad that it had turned out like this; he couldn't imagine how things could be better.
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 04:48 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

“I’m glad too,” she said with a laugh. Looking back on how they became friends was kind of amusing now. She’d known back then that Red didn’t trust her, had been rather certain he didn’t even like her, and look at where they were now. Jass used her free hand to pull his head down, and she pressed her forehead affectionately against his. “Because you’re pretty great too.” What would weyrling life without Red be like?

Since Jass didn’t want to think on such sad things she pulled away and curled herself back into his side. A thought crossed her mind and she had to laugh. “Did you ever find out if your mom made those comments about me and Ilha at Turn’s End because she was teasing, or did she really mean them?”
📧
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 04:55 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

She really believed that. Red reached up to cup the back of her head for a few moments as their brows leaned together. He didn't believe it, but he believed she did and that was a start right? Right.

As the parted Red laughed briefly and shook his head incredulously. "Yeah, she was teasing. Mebbe I should've guessed but she seemed so serious. Don't think she suspects anything of us though." Why would she? It wasn't strange to be affectionate with your friends so far as Daghar were concerned so their holding hands didn't ring odd, and as his mother thought she knew he wasn't interested in that kind of thing he guessed she'd just written it off as that. "Think she's just relieved I made a friend here at all," he added after a moment with a tinge of wry amusement in his voice.
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 05:06 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

It was good to know that Areni didn’t have any serious thoughts in that direction. Jass rolled her eyes good-naturedly and poked him in the chest. “Hm. Looks and acts serious but is actually teasing. I wonder who that reminds me of,” she mused, tilting her head so she could smile slyly up at him. His comment about making friends made her smile again and snuggle her head onto his chest. She wondered what Areni would say if she knew about them, how she and the others would treat Red when he told them about his lie.

That was a worry for later though. Hopefully not too much later, but definitely later. “You’re a sweetheart, and you’re kind and helpful and pretty wonderful. If you hadn’t made friends with me you would have made friends with someone,” she said, sounding very certain.
📧
^
Red
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 08:08 PM

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

Well, good point. Red gave a soft huff of amusement and shrugged. "True. I did say we were a bit alike."

As Jassara snuggled closer Red wrapped his arms around her and looked out over the desert, pondering her words in silence for some moments. "Or I'd just've kept t'Nessa's company," he said once he'd reached that conclusion; it sounded the most likely to him. "And Anha's here now too, and Nhaama. Prob'ly needed somebody as stubborn as you t'persuade me t'give northerners a chance."
^
Jassara
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 08:25 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

"You're more than a bit alike," Jassara said with a soft laugh.

The view from where they were sitting was really rather wonderful, so Jass didn't mind sitting in silence as they enjoyed it. Thanks to their run earlier she was able to sit and enjoy the moment instead of feeling the need to get up and move immediately. "Well if you needed someone like me then I'm glad it was me," she said softly. The idea of missing out on being friends with him - even if it hadn't turned into more - seemed wrong.

"Sitting on the mesa that day to drum was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made." It hadn't seemed all that momentous when she'd done it, but then, the best decisions tended to be like that didn't they? "Though I'm glad more of the Daghar are coming to the Weyr. It must be like having a piece of home here," she mused.
📧
^
Red
 Posted: Yesterday at 06:03 pm

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

"Mmh," Red agreed wordlessly, with more or less everything Jass had said. "Is nice," he added where a noise alone wouldn't do. "We have t'be a Hold now which changes things... but it also brings more of us here, spreads us? Uh. The things we think, you know? We're part of Sirocco, not just relying on it." That was important, even if it was only a handful of them here it still made all the difference compared to just one or two.
^
Jassara
 Posted: Yesterday at 06:18 pm

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

"That has to make things a little easier, yeah?" she asked. "Knowing that you're part of something and helping to shape it instead of just being shaped by it." When the Daghar presence got to be a bit stronger at Sirocco she had no doubt that southern and northern ideals would mix more, and would turn the Weyr into a unique place.

"Although maybe the world should fear more Daghar on dragons," she said teasingly. "I don't know how bow hunting from a dragon's back would work but I can think of a few people who would probably want to try it."
📧
^
Red
 Posted: Yesterday at 06:24 pm

Red

Weyrling
The Big One
-- --

Ladijath
#61876E

Profile | Plotpage

"Right," Red agreed, because he hoped it was right. Even if it wasn't this was the best route they could've taken; for the first turns of the Pass he'd wanted to believe they didn't need the riders but as more and more ancient trees that his mother's mother had known fell.... This was the way it had to be, come what may.

"Uhh... Speed'd be an issue, and height," Red continued thoughtfully. "I reckon y'could shoot fine at a slow glide, but more than that'd throw everything off. Small dragons that can confidently glide close t'the ground might be best suited to it, but the big ones could swoop around and herd the prey into their fire. Everyone has a place, yeah?"
^
Jassara
 Posted: Yesterday at 06:37 pm

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Jassara couldn't help but laugh. "Don't mention that to Ladijath or she'll be wanting to try bow hunting as soon as soon as you guys can fly." If it was something new and exciting then Ladijath no doubt wanted in on it. "Also see? I told you - as soon as I mentioned bow hunting from a dragon you immediately started to plan out how it would be possible."

She poked him gently in the chest and grinned. "Besides, I think the kind of things you hunt live in or under dense tree cover. Bit difficult to get at from a dragon."
📧
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Dear guests and new members: Cbox is to the right!
We also have a dedicated Slack channel - to join it, please PM Badgerigar your Email Address.

'Sirocco' based on Alpha 2.0 by gunblaza. Coded by Capricorn for Sirocco Weyr
Forum Topsites, Rankings & Listings. Please Click to Vote Here!
Pernese Online Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons
Online Communities
RPG-D Ruby Wings ListingsNerd ListingsRPG Initiative
Affiliates
Southern Winds Weyr Fortune Favors the Brave