Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: prongs

Lord Holder Ilinar,

I hope things at the Junglehold are going well! We've been learning to go between this month and I can safely say that as soon as we've learned and practiced a bit more you should be expecting a visit from us! We'll be able to take chaperoned trips soon enough, and we're all very excited to come see everyone.

Or, in my case, meet everyone.

Before that happens though, I do have a question for you. It's rather important, you see, and utterly top-secret. Which means you can't share the contents of this letter with anyone. Except Areni, of course, because I wouldn't mind her input on this as well!

It has to do with baskets. Specifically, basket hunting. Would you be able to help me?

Sincerely,
Jassara

P.S. Formal correspondence is terrible, isn't it?
📧
^
The Daghar
 Posted: May 10 2018, 01:20 PM

The Daghar

Holdfolk
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Tawny

Bronzerider Jassara,

Jass,

Good grief don't worry me like that! I thought for a minute that you'd been kidnapped and were trying to send me a coded message.

The title is probably premature anyway, I've met a lot of interesting people and visited interesting Holds but the Conclave has yet to return their verdict. I'm not sure anyone else in any of the Jungleholds is stupid enough to take the job though so make of that what you will.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing you again, as well as my son and niece of course. Perhaps I can arrange to visit before you make your trip here? I'm sure I can concoct a reason, such as 'because I want to'. Perhaps I could bring along a few things for you to look at in light of your request? There are a lot of different options, as many as there are different people really, and I would be more than delighted to help you.

Areni sends her love, she indicated it by scowling a little less than u̶s̸u̶__ [there is a large blot on the page]

Having reclaimed my pen I conclude: than usual! Speaking for herself, she also wishes you and Margoth the best in your upcoming lessons.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Ilinar.
^
Jassara
 Posted: May 10 2018, 01:44 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Ilinar,

Well as I wouldn’t want to worry you further I will, of course, stop speaking formally immediately. Thank Faranth. Though if I ever am kidnapped, I know how to get your attention now!

I thought the Conclave had voted already? Perhaps it’s just my wishful thinking on your behalf then. I also wouldn’t think of it as stupid to take the job. ‘Enterprising’, maybe? ‘Upwardly ambitious’, perhaps? ...yeah, stupid sounds more like it, but you’ll be wonderful regardless! I’ve got my fingers crossed for you.

If you do arrange to visit make sure you do it through Red and Ilha so as not to make him suspicious. He walked in on Ilha and I discussing the situation one day and I don’t want to do anything to tip him off again. Aside from my needing to be sneaky it would be wonderful to see you, and Areni as well if you can persuade her to come! And it would be wonderful to see anything you might decide to bring along. I need something...well, perfect.

Tell Areni I send my love back, and I’ve indicated it by scowling a little more! Margoth sends his regards and his thanks in the form of a cool rumble

Speaking of your niece - I believe you have a granddaughter at the Weyr now as well, Kehari? I ran into her the other day, and she seems to be missing her mother rather fiercely, so if you visit...

Hope to hear from you soon,

Jassara
📧
^
The Daghar
 Posted: May 10 2018, 01:58 PM

The Daghar

Holdfolk
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Jass,

Well, I suppose it's more or less official. Maybe more of the more? I keep waiting for somebody to raise an objection of some kind but so far everything seems remarkably polite. I'm not sure if the northern Lords like me but none I've met so far have raised objections that could destabilise things ahead of possible pomp etc at Turn's End, when I will attend the Conclave up at Fort and the decision will be recorded among all the other key business of the turn.

Technically all of this means you've snared a Lord Holder's son and if you're not using this for hilarious overblown bragging rights then I don't know what to tell you. Then again Red might not find that as funny as I do, or then again again he might; he seems to have become a touch more open since Impressing Ladijath, and perhaps other factors are at play as well?

I will write to Ilha about a visit directly, he'll be out and about on Searches so I'm sure he can drop by to pick me up. I'll ask Areni if she would like to come as well but I suspect the answer will be no, she's not a fan of flying or of the Weyr itself - too many people, too much rock. Even if she won't come however you'll see her soon enough.

I will pass on your scowls and cool rumbles, I am sure they will be well received.

We miss Kehari too, Ariha and Kenner most of all. I shall see if Ari will come along with me, I think she would find it interesting to spend some time with the Healers of the Weyr! After near a full interval apart I am sure they would have things to learn from one another.

Yours with hugs,

Ilinar
^
Jassara
 Posted: May 10 2018, 02:16 PM

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Ilinar,

I don’t know if the Lord Holders of the North really like anyone, so I wouldn’t be too worried about that. You’ll have to tell me all about Fort though. Unless I’m sent there for something I don’t think I’ll ever visit. Riders there tend to frown rather impressively on women who have the gall to Impress dragons that aren’t green or gold. Hopefully they greet you with all the pomp and circumstance required of “the” Hold trying to impress a newcomer! I’m sure it will be great fun.

I want to use the fact that I’ve got Red for hilarious overblown bragging rights all the time - moreso now that Ladijath has risen (I’ll spare you the details) - although I hadn’t considered using the Lord Holder’s son angle for any of it. I can imagine the looks on people’s faces and it’s priceless, so I thank you for the suggestion! He probably wouldn’t appreciate me yelling it all over the Weyr, but I can always ask him first. Ladijath will get a kick out of it at any rate.

I don’t know what other factors you could possibly mean - I’m nothing but a perfect role model and would never persuade your son to help me in anything less than upstanding acts.

Areni and Red are so alike it’s almost hilarious. He doesn’t like all the people either, though I think he’s gotten used to the rock. He seems to be happy here, and that makes me happier than words can say.

I’m sure they would! I’ve heard tell about some of the healing techniques and salves and such used here in the south that would probably interest the healers here greatly.

With love,

Jassara
📧
^
The Daghar
 Posted: Yesterday at 03:54 pm

The Daghar

Holdfolk
N/A
-- --

N/A
N/A

Profile | Plotpage

Dear Jass,

Point, but don't tell them I said so! You know, when you run into them about your daily routine. I'm definitely looking forward to the experience either way, I'm sure it will be something to remember.

Your sparing of the details is appreciated (there are some things a father doesn't need to know) but I'm glad the flight is over now, I know he was rather leery of the whole idea and getting rather sick of the restrictions of early weyrlinghood.

To your next point, no comment.

It really is amazing how like Areni and Red look when they give The Look, or one of the many Looks come to that. By the sound of his letters Red has definitely settled into his new life, even if Sirocco is more crowded than he'd ideally like. I know that you have as much to do with that as Ladijath so thank you for that, I'm sure you'll say none are needed but here they are all the same.

I've spoken to Ari and Kenner and both of them would love to come along, they're a bit nervous at the idea but curiosity and the desire to see their daughter has won out! They're sending a letter to Kettle to let her know, it will probably arrive at about the same time as you get this one.

Love and good health to you and Margoth,

Ilinar
^
Jassara
 Posted: Yesterday at 07:38 pm

Jassara

Weyrling
N/A
Apprentice Harper

Margoth
#994e19

Profile | Plotpage

Dear Ilinar,

I actually have to dash this letter off rather quickly, as I've got a meeting with the Lord of Benden here in just a few minutes, but your secret is safe with me!

Will you be taking a large retinue with you when you go North? Scratch that, let's start with the harder question - have you convinced Areni to go with you yet?

He was, and we had a plan on how we'd get him through the flight and everything. Luckily we didn't need it so everyone's kneecaps are still in their rightful places. I think he enjoyed the whole thing, the *ahem* other bits aside, which is good. It worried me to see him worried about it. Those restrictions were difficult but they're in the past now, which makes a huge difference.

No comment is a wise comment, that's what I always say.

None are needed, of course. I don't know why my life would be like without him and Margoth - I think it's me who should be thanking you! Though I still feel bad when I can tell he's missing home, but as I said in a previous letter, we'll get to visit soon. He's promised to teach me fishing, which will no doubt be highly amusing, so you'll have to come along with us.

I'm glad to hear Ari and Kenner will be coming, and I'm sure Kettle will be over the moon!

With love,

Jassara
📧
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Dear guests and new members: Cbox is to the right!
We also have Discord Chat - To join, please click here.

'Sirocco' based on Alpha 2.0 by gunblaza. Coded by Capricorn for Sirocco Weyr
Forum Topsites, Rankings & Listings. Please Click to Vote Here!
TopRPSites RPGfix Pernese Online Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons
Online Communities
Pernese Online Caution to the Wind roleplay ads RPG-D RPGfix RPG Initiative
Affiliates
Southern Winds Weyr Fortune Favors the Brave