Maelia

Weyrling
O Fearless Leader
-- --

Aridath
#085A10

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Heijale

Mae sighed happily as she slid into the bathing pool, then proceeded to breathe carefully, as she was submerged to just below her nose. She couldn't help but be amused at the thought of snorting water up her nose and having to be helped in her current situation. She would never live down the stories of almost dying on the bath. The worst of the bullying would come from her brothers, she knew. C'iel would laugh every time he saw her and Mesiael would never let her out of his sight again.

She also reminded herself that falling asleep in the bath would prove just as embarrassing, even if the feel of her muscles unknotting was currently the best feeling she'd felt in a ling, long time. No, the key was to simply relax right now. Nothing more, nothing less. She fully intended on doing just that, too.

She heard what sounded like someone else approaching as she cracked open an eye that she had let slide close in her relaxation. She wasn't bothered by the presence of another person. They had just as much right to the bathing pools as she did, but she certainly didn't want them to think she had fallen asleep and trouble themselves with attempting to wake her up, or, worse, think she was drowning and try to save her. So she sat up slightly straighter and opened both eyes, though not to the expense of her relaxation.
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Arria
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 07:59 PM

Arria

Weyrling
N/A
-- --

Daheth
#108FAB

Profile | Plotpage

Played by: Tawny

Maelia

Sirocco was an interesting place as a whole; she and Isara had explored it extensively over the last few days, and while her half-sister's choice had been made in a moment she was still turning her own over in her mind. Should she accept the Search? It was a huge gamble to take but she had never been averse to high stakes.

The baths, though.

Arria loved to indulge her senses and a good bath in deep pools that didn't cool was not something to turn her nose at, she had visited with a woman earlier who had shaved her beautifully smooth from the scalp down as was her preference but even so when she wandered near and felt the humidity she could not resist.

Though ill-equipped for a bath the slender woman glided in confidently and shed her finely made dress with a few quick motions of her fingers about subtly concealed fastenings. As the fabric pooled on the stone floor she approached the nearest pool, stepped in up to her knees, and smiled slightly at its sole occupant.

"These baths are a luxury aren't they? My name is Arria, who might you be?"
โœ‰
^
Maelia
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 03:38 PM

Maelia

Weyrling
O Fearless Leader
-- --

Aridath
#085A10

Profile | Plotpage

She pulled herself fully upright when the woman approached her pool. She was a stunning woman, to be sure, and Mae almost felt a little self conscious of her red hair and pale complexion. She had to remind herself that others may find those qualities just as striking.

"Arria, is it? That's a pretty name. Mine's Maelia, but everyone just calls me Mae," she introduced herself. She waved an arm around the pool. "Feel free to partake in the luxury. I certainly won't fault you for it." She told the woman with a wide smile.
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Arria
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 06:04 PM

Arria

Weyrling
N/A
-- --

Daheth
#108FAB

Profile | Plotpage

"Mae it is then; charmed," Arria smiled as she stepped deeper into the bath and sat down opposite the other young woman with a contented sigh. "I think I may be tempted to stay here just for the baths," she said as she leaned back against the side and trailed a hand over the surface of the water. "The entertainment isn't quite what I'm used to but I'm sure that could be rectified. Do you play cards my dear? Dice perhaps?" By her accent she judged that Mae hailed for High Reaches, not exactly known for its gambling but not the sort of puritanical place that frowned upon it in her experience.
โœ‰
^
Maelia
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 10:56 PM

Maelia

Weyrling
O Fearless Leader
-- --

Aridath
#085A10

Profile | Plotpage

"Unfortunately," Mae started, "while I've witnessed a few games of both dice and cards, I've never played any myself. Never really had the time to learn. Was always stuck working in the infirmary."

She stretched out a bit, then offered another smile to Arria. "I wouldn't mind learning a game or two. It's a sure way to pass the small amount of past time we candidates get every now and then. It would certainly beat spending time with my brother," she laughed.

"If it's not too nosy of me, where are you from?" She wasn't one to pry, for the most part, but she was interested in learning more about the young woman sharing the bathing pool with her.
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Arria
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 05:26 PM

Arria

Weyrling
N/A
-- --

Daheth
#108FAB

Profile | Plotpage

Maelia

"Really?" Arria's clean-shaved browline lifted a little and she shook her head slightly. "That's a terrible shame; if I do stay here I shall start a few game circles and see that you're invited, I would be delighted to teach you the rules and tricks." Mae had worked in the infirmary but it didn't sound as though she was a crafter - a drudge then? That was Arria's bet with herself at least.

"And I don't think it at all nosy darling; I hail from Bitra." Arria lifted a hand free of the water and made an airy gesture as a small smile lifted a corner of her mouth. "I had the good fortune to grow up in the Hold's finest gambling establishment; my mother inherited it from her late husband when she was quite young, she had a great deal more fun after his death than before and the establishment had more success. Leave it to the women to run things, Sirocco has the right of it on that score don't you think?" It was more or less a joke but even so Arria was intrigued by the roles a woman here could claim. If she stayed, candidate or otherwise, what opportunities might she open for herself?
โœ‰
^
Maelia
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 09:00 PM

Maelia

Weyrling
O Fearless Leader
-- --

Aridath
#085A10

Profile | Plotpage

Mae smiled wistfully as Arria spoke.The ways she spoke of home interested the girl and she yearned to hear more about Bitra.

"I'd appreciate learning," she told her, warmed by the woman's invitation to join the gambling circles. She'd never gambled before, and though it wasn't necessarily something she imagined her brothers would approve of, she also didn't much care. She wanted to be invited and learn, and if Arria kept up her end of the promise, Mae certainly wouldn't turn her down! She laughed lightly and nodded in agreement to her assessment on women. Things certainly did seem to run smoother with women in charge. Though perhaps she was just bias.

"What was Bitra like? I always wanted to travel, but only got the chance once C'iel Impressed and moved down here," she explained.
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Arria
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 09:38 PM

Arria

Weyrling
N/A
-- --

Daheth
#108FAB

Profile | Plotpage

"Bitra?" Arria smiled fondly and hummed deep in her chest. "Oh Bitra is very proud of how it preserves the passtimes of the past, and yet I think it is the most modern major Hold on Pern - to date! We shall see what become of the jungle and of Stormhaven if they really are to claim such status. Regardless," she gestured languidly once more, "in the north if you want to find the latest thoughts and some excitement then Bitra is the only place to be. Bitrans take risks both at the card table and in business, Bitrans love high stakes , Bitrans love fun. If C'iel - your sibling? - can transport you around dear you really should experience it all for yourself; I simply cannot do the richness of the place justice in words alone."
โœ‰
^
Maelia
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 11:09 PM

Maelia

Weyrling
O Fearless Leader
-- --

Aridath
#085A10

Profile | Plotpage

Mae listened intently as Arria explained Bitra to her. Oh, it sounded lovely, and she wished she could go there right that very second. She'd never gambled, and she highly doubted that C'iel would be too happy about her doing so, but the way the woman spoke made her long for it.

"C'iel is my older brother. He's the really flashy brownrider that I'm sure you'll see wandering around the Weyr if you stick around for a while. I'll make sure to annoy him into taking me one day," she told Arria. "It sounds fantastic, and I very much look forward to learning some games. If nothing else, it'll give us something to do when we have some down time and don't wish to find random trouble!"
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Arria
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 06:13 PM

Arria

Weyrling
N/A
-- --

Daheth
#108FAB

Profile | Plotpage

Arria had already seen a few flashy brownriders but instead of asking 'which?' she simply chuckled and nodded. "I'll keep an eye out darling, and be sure not to tell him what's afoot." Given Maelia's pale colouring the man ought to be easy to spot if they were full siblings, and she could easily ask around as well just to be sure she got it right - misidentifying somebody was a social faux pas she had no intention of making.

"And you will have to tell me your schedule so that we can meet and go over the basics, my half sister and I have guest quarters in the lower caverns that are rather lovely - I would be more than happy to have you to visit." Her dear half sister might raise a brow at having a candidate as a guest but she wouldn't truly object.
โœ‰
^
Maelia
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 11:01 PM

Maelia

Weyrling
O Fearless Leader
-- --

Aridath
#085A10

Profile | Plotpage

"I could definitely do that," she told the woman. "As soon as I myself know my upcoming schedule, I will let you know!"

It wasn't that she didn't know her candidate schedule by now, as it was pretty well ingrained, but rather she tended to spend time with her family or pursue her hobbies during her off time, but she would make sure to find some time to learn these tips and tricks that Arria boasted. "I look forward to meeting your half sister. I bet she's just as beautiful as yourself," Mae sighed. If Arria's family was anything like her's, they were bound to look at least a little alike, half siblings or not. And as Mae found Arria to be striking, she could only assume she would find the woman's sister to be the same.
โœ‰๐Ÿ“ง
^
Arria
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 01:16 PM

Arria

Weyrling
N/A
-- --

Daheth
#108FAB

Profile | Plotpage

Ahh, she did love a compliment! Arria smiled at Mae and inclined her head slightly. "Yes Lady Isara do bear a family resemblance to one another, I think I've inherited about as much from my father as I have from my mother physically speaking." She had inherited quite a lot in temper from them both too; her parents were similar in some ways, which was probably part of what had drawn them into their affair.

"Oh and if you would like to bring a friend or two along with you please do feel free," Arria added as the thought occurred to her. "Many card games are better played in groups, we could certainly fill in from our retinue but I would be interested to meet some of your friends." Perhaps doing so would help her with her decision? Knowing a little more about it certainly couldn't help. "Are you enjoying candidacy Mae?"
โœ‰
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options Add Reply Create a new Topic Start a Poll

Dear guests and new members: Cbox is to the right!
We also have Discord Chat - To join, please click here.

'Sirocco' based on Alpha 2.0 by gunblaza. Coded by Capricorn for Sirocco Weyr
Forum Topsites, Rankings & Listings. Please Click to Vote Here!
TopRPSites RPGfix Pernese Online Shadowplay Topsites RP Lovers A Gift of Dragons
Online Communities
Pernese Online Caution to the Wind roleplay ads RPG-D RPGfix RPG Initiative
Affiliates
Southern Winds Weyr Fortune Favors the Brave